• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Wondering When a Past Host Uses Their 10% off and Applies It

In summary, the guest special is based on the product total after all discounts is applied. So with your example, for your Past Host Discount, she will have to spend $56 and take off the 10% will equal to $50.40 and that will qualify her to get the Guest Special. And on the other hand, if she just spent exactly $50 and take off the 10% which will equal to $45, that will not qualify her to get the Guest Special. Please advise if we may be of further assistance. Please include all email correspondence with your reply.
heat123
Silver Member
I was wondering when a past host uses their 10% off and applies it towards an order say $50 for the free guest special do they need to spend $55+ to receive it with their discount? does this make sense? or since it's subtotaled do they get it for actually $45? I need to clarify this since I am going to attempt a 3 day sale with 10% off!

thanks

I believe in order to get the free guest special, they must order $50 in pure product value (before tax, shipping and PHD). At least this is how I've been doing it on all my shows/orders.. someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I thought it was after the discount, but someone let me know for sure!

Yes technically they have to spend 55. in product but really they are only paying for 50. It has to be 50. out of their pocket, it is the same for hosts. The host cannot count her free product or her discount. I hope that makes sense.
Amanda Fairall :D

Ok I got it now. But it doesn't make sense on the outside order form.. the slot to check off the free guest special is above the tax/shipping/discount calculations. So, I got confused. My past hosts haven't ordered anything from me yet--just had additional shows, so I guess that's why I didn't know that.

Yes they have to SPEND $50 on product so it's AFTER they're discount.

But if YOU offer an extra discount the $50 requirement would be BEFORE you give that extra discount. (eg. you offer a 10% discount. They spend $50 on product but you charge $45 because of your discount and pay that part as a "consultant gift". Pampered Chef sees the order as $50 even though the guest pays less.) -- all this is before shipping and tax...

ok thanks for the clarification!now I know and won't be confused for the sale and for future references!

thanks again!

No so.I recently placed an online order for my mother the total product before PHD was $51.75. She qualified for the free gift even after her PHD was applied. It is pure product value before discount.

hmm can anyone confirm?There are two different responses to my question??? Any directors or higher who can answer this question?

IS PHD applied after the $50 total? (so essentially take 10%off= $45 ) or do they spend $50 total (from 10% off $55+)

Just want to make certain before I do my sale!

See attachmentI just did a dummy order for my mother. After the PH discount her product total is $48.82. She is still entitled to the free gift because her order totalled $54.25. Hope this helps

Attachments

• PC Order.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 442
thanks.I contacted HO to see what their answer was~Just to make certain.

heat123 said:
I contacted HO to see what their answer was~Just to make certain.
Good idea!

It has always been that the amount of products after pampered chef discounts and before shipping and tax had to be at least $50. I do know that pampered partner and the web will allow you to make the mistake of putting the special on even if the order isn't enough (no red flag comes up to say they didn't order enough). If they catch the mistake when processing the show they will not send it or will call to see if they want to pay for it. If they don't catch it, it goes through as ordered. I know people who have had both scenerios.

HO reply to this ?For all consultants- Clarification from HO

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. In regards to your question, the Guest Special is based on the product total after all discounts is applied. So with your example, for your Past Host Discount, she will have to spend $56 and take off the 10% will equal to $50.40 and that will qualify her to get the Guest Special. And on the other hand, if she just spent exactly $50 and take off the 10% which will equal to $45, that will not qualify her to get the Guest Special. Please advise if we may be of further assistance. Please include all email correspondence with your reply.

Romer Tanaleon

Solution Center Representative

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

That is so weirdThat is so weird. The order my mother placed online, she only spend $50. and change on product and the system gave her the guest special, then applied her discount and she still got the guest special, even though the product total was now less than $50. Sounds like it maybe different between show orders and individual orders.

this sounds like it's the case
BethCooks4U said:
Good idea!

It has always been that the amount of products after pampered chef discounts and before shipping and tax had to be at least $50. I do know that pampered partner and the web will allow you to make the mistake of putting the special on even if the order isn't enough (no red flag comes up to say they didn't order enough). If they catch the mistake when processing the show they will not send it or will call to see if they want to pay for it. If they don't catch it, it goes through as ordered. I know people who have had both scenerios.

For your mother's order, they probably just didn't catch it and it went through.

I wonderI wonder why with online orders, the guest special is offered before you even input the PHD. It is not requested until you are at the payment page? The system if stops you from proceeding to checkout to tell you if you qualify for the special or how much more you need to order to get the free product. All before requesting the PHD. Just seems strange to me. Oh well, I think the policy has changed now and online individual orders do not qualify at all.

Happy New Year.

1. How do I use my 10% off discount as a past host?

As a past host, you can redeem your 10% off discount by logging into your Pampered Chef account and entering the promo code provided to you during your past party. The discount will be automatically applied to your purchase at checkout.

2. Can I combine my 10% off discount with other promotions or discounts?

No, unfortunately, the 10% off discount for past hosts cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. It is only valid for full-priced items.

3. Is there an expiration date for my 10% off discount?

Yes, the 10% off discount for past hosts does have an expiration date. It is typically valid for 60 days after your party, so make sure to use it before it expires!

4. Can I use my 10% off discount for online purchases?

Yes, you can use your 10% off discount for both online and in-person purchases. Just make sure to enter the promo code at checkout for online purchases.

5. What items can I use my 10% off discount on?

You can use your 10% off discount on any full-priced items in our catalog. This excludes any discounted or promotional items, as well as shipping and handling fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef