• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Becky's Mystery Host Show Question

In summary, Becky is trying to figure out how to make her 5th anniversary celebration special for her customers, while still incorporating the fact that she's working towards SAT. She is considering offering a sale or special event, and is considering how to word the invitation to make it seem like the party is happening for the customers, and not just Becky. She is also considering how to divide the benefits if more than $1000 in participants are present.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Hi everyone! I'd like to try this out too to get to level 3 of SAT. I'm at $2600 with 2 shows but only have one more left plus a catty (and we all know those are hit and miss) and our level 3 in Canada is $3500 so I need $900 with this last show. I don't think it's going to happen since she's NOT motivated and there's only so much I can do. I have a couple of questions though..

- Any idea how to word it to incorporate my 5th anniversary with PC rather than the fact that I'm working toward SAT. I usually run a 25% off sale this time of year but would prefer to do this a) DH and I thought it would be a fun change and b) it would hopefully generate more sales since they'd be asking friends rather than just spending themselves I usually get about $500 - $600 in sales from my anniversary sale. I'm sooo incompetent when it comes to wording and being creative but I'd love to offer this as an opportunity/offer to celebrate my anniversary AND their loyalty. Any ideas?

- What do you do if heaven forbid you get more that want to participate? (ya right!) Do you accept them too even though the email stated to the first 10, in order to cover for some who may not come through? Or do you not accept them because you need to have enough benefits to go around?

- Do you send this out to your entire local customer base or just past hosts and preferred customers?

Please help and share what YOU did that made it successful! I'd love to edit Becky's tonight (thanks Becky!), send it out tomorrow, have packages to them by Wednesday and do it until the following Wednesday with an extra day for host's orders if necessary.

You could call it an anniversary party. State in the invitation that without such wonderful customers you wouldn't have made it this far, and you want to show your appreciation.I sent mine out to my whole customer base. I'm doing it as an Open House/Recipe Tasting on Thursday. I want to have as many participants as possible, as I usually don't have much luck with these kinds of things (I currently don't have anyone collecting orders for this one, we'll see how the actual event goes... ). If you get more participation than the $1000, I'd say the more the merrier. You can either use the extra FPV you'll earn for yourself, or to create more prizes. Plus, as you mentioned, there's a chance that some of your original 10 will not come through.

NooraK said:
You could call it an anniversary party. State in the invitation that without such wonderful customers you wouldn't have made it this far, and you want to show your appreciation.
I sent mine out to my whole customer base. I'm doing it as an Open House/Recipe Tasting on Thursday. I want to have as many participants as possible, as I usually don't have much luck with these kinds of things (I currently don't have anyone collecting orders for this one, we'll see how the actual event goes... ).

If you get more participation than the $1000, I'd say the more the merrier. You can either use the extra FPV you'll earn for yourself, or to create more prizes. Plus, as you mentioned, there's a chance that some of your original 10 will not come through.

Thank you I really like this line! What I need to do is incorporate it so it looks like I'm doing something for them, not them for me...does that make sense?

And what I meant by more participation was what if I got 11 or 12 people not more than $1000. That means I have to figure out a way to divide the benefits differently, unless I just give the extra people the extra benefits if it gets higher than $1000.

Am I overthinking this? I really would like to figure it out and get it emailed tonight or tomorrow morning..ugh

I don't know how Becky does it, but I ask people personally rather than sending an e-mail. I also allow anyone to participate who wants to do it, but I didn't really have the problem of getting too many people. It worked out great last year with 10 people and I gave a percentage of the free items to each host according to how much they brought in because it did go over $1000 by a little. This year, I only had three people participate and one of those three brought in $300. I added the $500 in sales to my own show which I held the same night the mystery show sales were due. I gave each of the three hosts $20 free per $100 in sales. I took the rest because it was my sales that brought our show to $1100+. I gave the host with $300 the show, so she gets the 10% for a year. She didn't want the host special but she did take a 1/2 price item. Then she and the other two were able to get 30% off anything over the free amount.

Thank you! So do you have any idea how I could word this and make it tie in with my 5th anniversary with PC and in appreciation to my customers as stated by Noora?

Season's Greetings! I checked the calendar, and it's that time of year again. My 5th anniversary with the Pampered Chef is on ___. I have been so blessed in so many ways with this business. However, I could not have done any of it without such wonderful customers, and I want to take this opportunity to express my deepest appreciation. And what better way for me to do that, than to give you the opportunity to earn FREE PRODUCTS! How's that?

Noora...............

YOU ROCK!!

Hugs girlfriend!!!

And of course a HUGE hug to Becky first for sharing this with us all in the first place!! :) :)

kcjodih said:
And of course a HUGE hug to Becky first for sharing this with us all in the first place!! :) :)

LOL - thanks Jodi!:love:

I just think it's great that it's worked out so well for so many!

Jodi,
I had 12 people commit to participate this year, I just accepted them all!
Last year I had 11 people say they'd do it, but only 9 turned in orders, but the 9 people turned in over $1700 in sales, so I was able to give everyone free product, as I had almost $400 to disperse.
We'll see how this year goes, my orders are due on Friday. I have had two people turn in their orders so far and sales are at almost $600.

My point being, don't turn anyone away. If more than 10 people actually turn in orders, you can find a way to make it work!!

Yes, i am doing this and just tell them the least they can get is 30% off anything they want, if we get to the $1000 mark and that would be close to 50% off simple additions , so i am specifically calling those who have purchased simple additions, they can't lose! I believe the host can order as much as they want with the host discount, am i correct in that?

The host can order as much as they want with the discount, but only one each of the Host Special items.

So I've only had one response to my 1K mystery host show. Ugh. I'm going to get on the phone today but wanted to know what to do if I don't get more replies. Do I thank this lady for her interest and say maybe in the fall or do I have her collect orders and hope it gets to $200 which is the show minimum here? If so, then do I tell her that I didn't have enough interest, these are your rewards or just give her the $10 free, discount and host special? If I do have her go ahead and she doesn't get to $200 I have no idea what I'd do. I have no more orders to add. My next show is Dec 3rd but I want the mystery host show to be included in SAT of course and my last show closes tomorrow so I can't keep it open until the 27th deadline I gave for my mystery host show.

What would you do? I'm only $247 away from level 3 which is $3500 here

kcjodih said:
So I've only had one response to my 1K mystery host show. Ugh. I'm going to get on the phone today but wanted to know what to do if I don't get more replies. Do I thank this lady for her interest and say maybe in the fall or do I have her collect orders and hope it gets to $200 which is the show minimum here? If so, then do I tell her that I didn't have enough interest, these are your rewards or just give her the $10 free, discount and host special? If I do have her go ahead and she doesn't get to $200 I have no idea what I'd do. I have no more orders to add. My next show is Dec 3rd but I want the mystery host show to be included in SAT of course and my last show closes tomorrow so I can't keep it open until the 27th deadline I gave for my mystery host show.

What would you do? I'm only $247 away from level 3 which is $3500 here

The best way to get people to respond and help out is to call them. I call the past hosts who have had the best catalog shows and the most outside orders for a show, and ask them if they'd like to help. I let them know that I thought of them because of the fantastic job they did gathering orders before...(compliments never hurt!)

1. What is a "Becky's Mystery Host Show?"

A "Becky's Mystery Host Show" is a unique type of Pampered Chef party where the host is kept a secret until the end. Everyone who attends the party has a chance to win the host rewards and benefits, regardless of who actually hosted the party.

2. How does a "Becky's Mystery Host Show" work?

During the party, guests will place orders and be entered into a drawing to be the "mystery host." At the end of the party, one guest will be randomly selected to receive all of the host rewards and benefits from the party. The actual host will be revealed at that time.

3. Do I need to purchase something to be entered into the drawing?

No, there is no purchase necessary to be entered into the drawing. However, only guests who place an order during the party will be eligible to win the host rewards and benefits.

4. What are the benefits of being the "mystery host"?

The "mystery host" will receive all of the host rewards and benefits from the party, which can include free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials. It's a great way to get even more out of your Pampered Chef party experience.

5. Can I host a "Becky's Mystery Host Show" online?

Yes, "Becky's Mystery Host Shows" can be hosted both in-person and online. Simply follow the same steps of placing orders and entering guests into the drawing, and the winner will receive the host rewards and benefits just as they would at an in-person party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • alidafrizzell