• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Spent About an Hour Today Using My Food Chopper, and My Hand Is

In summary, Vanessa broke her hand and her husband is going to buy her a meat tenderizer to relieve the stress. She also burnt her palm on the oven.
ahammons
I spent about an hour today using my Food Chopper, and my hand is sore! lol My MIL was getting ready for a craft fair this weekend, and I offered to help. I chopped candy canes for peppermint and cinnamon bark, then pecans for breads and brownies. I think I may wake up to a nice blister on my hand - I can already see the outline! :( On top of that, I decided to wait to do my pilates workout until after the kids were in bed... now I'm sore from that and I can't sleep! :rolleyes:

I can't sleep either... Perhaps ice for the hand and a warm rice sock for whatever parts are sore from pilates?

Soaking it is Epsom Salts if you have any works great for injuries like that....

Next time (if there is a next time) try crushing candy canes in a ziploc bag with the meat tenderizer, if you need to chop it more finely then you can use the chopper!

My Mom broke hers last year chopping some sort of hard candy, I cannot recall what. Maybe bark or soemthing.

OUCH!!

Vanessa, that's a great idea! I just bought my dad the meat tenderizer - I could have borrowed it! lol

vwpamperedchef said:
Next time (if there is a next time) try crushing candy canes in a ziploc bag with the meat tenderizer, if you need to chop it more finely then you can use the chopper!

I was just about to post this. This is how I crush mine each year.

A friend of a friend damaged her hand using the Food Chopper to relieve the stress she was going through at work. I always remind people that it's not a replacement for therapy. If you're under that much stress, see a counselor, talk to your pastor, talk with a friend . . .

raebates said:
A friend of a friend damaged her hand using the Food Chopper to relieve the stress she was going through at work. I always remind people that it's not a replacement for therapy. If you're under that much stress, see a counselor, talk to your pastor, talk with a friend . . .
I'm sure you heard people call the chopper the "mood indicator"...if DH comes home and veggies are pulverized and he can't tell them apart he won't ask about your day:cry: ...he knows how bad it was! :D

That's too funny! :D

Bravo! You've just given me a new line for my shows.

I'm sorry about your hand! In case it makes you feel any better, I have a sore hand too....I put my grill pan in the oven for the first time the other night, then pulled it out and had it on the stovetop to brown the meat a bit....well I completely forgot that it was in the oven and I burned my inner palm on the metal hook :( Feel better :)

Related to I Spent About an Hour Today Using My Food Chopper, and My Hand Is

1. How do I properly use my food chopper?

The first step is to make sure your food chopper is clean and dry. Next, place the food you want to chop into the chopper and secure the lid. Hold onto the lid and pull the cord in a quick, downward motion until your desired consistency is reached.

2. How do I clean my food chopper?

To clean your food chopper, disassemble all the parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. Be sure to dry each piece thoroughly before reassembling. Do not put any part of the chopper in the dishwasher.

3. Can I chop hard foods like nuts or ice with my food chopper?

Yes, the food chopper is designed to chop a variety of foods, including hard foods like nuts or ice. However, be sure to use short, quick pulls on the cord to prevent it from getting stuck.

4. How much food can I chop at once with my food chopper?

The amount of food that can be chopped at once in a food chopper varies depending on the size and type of food. It is best to chop a small amount at a time to ensure even and efficient chopping.

5. Is the food chopper dishwasher safe?

No, the food chopper is not dishwasher safe. The blades are very sharp and can be damaged in the dishwasher. It is best to hand wash and dry all parts of the food chopper to maintain its quality and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies