• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!

In summary, Debbie suggests a home ec classroom as the best way to raise money for the students, an annual series of cooking classes, and a carwash for service work.
DebbieSAChef
Ok here is the situation I just got into the last hour while making my phone calls. I found a local posting on craigslist from a lady who is interested in doing a fundraiser for her ASL (American Sign language) club to raise money to go on a trip to Europe for 21 days for students who can't afford this!!!

CAn you believe that? Our high school went down to the local amusement park for a big trip or the 3 hour drive to Corpus Christi to see the beach!!

Anyway it's a once in a lifetime opportunity so I know these kids will work hard to raise money. I talked to the ASL mom in charge of getting fundraiser ideas and she loves PC. But get this they have to raise $15,000 by next March 2008!!! :eek:

That's an incredible amount to collect. That means we have to sell like $75,000!!! I have never heard of such a thing but I'm sure we will try to get what we can and get as high as we can.

Here's my question:
What is a good way to run a fundraiser with like only 20 - 25 kids who need this much money? I doubt we will get that high but what is the best way to get as high as possible. I need advice from everyone, fundraiser veterans to those who are creative and want to help me out!!! I'm sure they will have to use more than one fundraiser to get that amount and save their pennies all year but I want my fundraiser to be the most successful. She loved the idea of purchasing items that people can actually use, which is what I tried to sell her on and I told her I would mail her some info today!!

HELP!!!! :eek:

Debbie :D

I would give them a month to have one huge catalog show, put it in as a regular show and choose some awesome items with the free product value. Then do an auction and auction off the "prizes". Since you have a full year you could techinically do this 3 times with new products each time.

How do raffles do in your area? or Silent Auctions? Is it possible that she could get maybe five parties booked with the understanding that they would contribute their Host benefits to the organization, and then select some of our most popular items and make up baskets to raffle, at perhaps a sports event or time when folks would be gathering anyway. That would be quick and perhaps so successful that they would do it once a month to reach their goal. Can you imagine five parties with sales high enough to get $115 in free products, and someone willing to buy the monthly host special (maybe you),
to contribute to their raffle? At least you would be getting your full commission and meeting some of your own goals. It might get you additional bookings that will repeat in the future, and maybe even a recruit or two!

Please give us an update, as it progresses.

Ooohh, what a great opportunity!

I'd definitely see about getting a home ec classroom or other large cooking space in which you can do a demo (or several). If every student gets 15 people to a demo, plus collects outside orders, you could probably get close to $15k, if not more, easily. Actually, since they've got a year, how about a series of cooking classes, at which you teach some new technique and people can purchase things. Do one class every month (or overy other). It wouldn't be one HUGE fundraiser, but you'd get some repeat customers, and coiuld submit each month's sales as an FR.

I'm thinking they may have to do something other than a PC fundraiser...I know we have some fantastic products and all, but thats a LOAD of dough. I say, either go for a big fundraiser with them, or do a show (or two or 3) and get the free products for some baskets to raffle off.

I suggest they do some service work...a carwash, auction off the kids' service for the day (raking leaves, mowing lawns, doing dishes, etc...) because they don't have to put out much money to do that kind of thing. There was a restaurant locally that donated a portion of their sales one night to an organization, maybe they can look into that...

Anyhow, I don't think it's your responsibility to raise ALL the money, but it's great that you can put a BIG dent into it! Good luck!

I dont know just thinking out loud here, would it be possible for them to have 3 or 4 fundraisers throughout the year. You could even do a kick off show each time. You could even sell different products each time, this will give a wider variety of people ordering. Maybe do cookbooks and spices (or pantry) one time, stones another; I dont know just a thought. Good luck, its only an average of $3000 in sales each, it is possible if its split up.

I'm thinking they may have to do something other than a PC fundraiser...I know we have some fantastic products and all, but thats a LOAD of dough. I say, either go for a big fundraiser with them, or do a show (or two or 3) and get the free products for some baskets to raffle off.

I like this idea, do you have some new products that maybe you were going to give away or didnt particularly want.

Great IdeasI have never done a silent auction or any auction for that matter. I'm thinking maybe they could do a dinner where people who come purchase tickets and are involved in this auction. The money of course for the dinner would go to the fundraiser.
I think these are great ideas. Keep them coming. It's all so overwhelming. I think I can put a big dent in that amount and then they can be creative about other ways to raise money.
I never thought of it but they do have a whole year to raise money so several FR's or shows would work.
An organization can do more than one fundraiser per year? I never knew that. But I guess hosts can host as many shows as they want to get that host special, I don't see a difference.
Thanks for the advice, keep it coming!!

Debbie

Break it down....Debbie,
You have a year, that's two catalogs and a holiday season. Break it down. $75K divided by 25 students is $3000 in sales for each student. Divided by two catalogs that's $1500 in sales for each catalog. If each student will commit to holding 1-2 shows for each catalog - one with a parent, another with a family member or family friend - you can easily do this. It's getting the commitment from the students and family. Sweeten the pot by adding another personal donation from your commission for each student show that tops $1000... you will be able to afford it. Just think of all the contacts you will have when this is over!

Karen

Just thinking out loud too...
Awesome ideas out there!! How about getting some good items during Kit Enhancement Month and having them do a basket raffle in addition to a show? Have the basket visable so it can get big publicity.

Also, advertise their fundraisers on your website. Have the members make a list of out of town relatives and friends that they could e-mail an invitation to.

Maybe offer a small discount on items that are grouped together. Example, It someone purchases all of the BBQ tools, they can get 10% off. (or 10% more will be donated to the cause)

Like I say...only thinking outloud. They may be too expensive to do, but if they work hard, you may be able to help them take a big chunk out of their trip expense.

Hopefully we will see your name in the CN as a top fundraiser!!!:)

Debbie,

Ok, does the entire group need to sell $15k or does each person have to raise that much for themselves? If it's for a combined effort, run it like the HWC team and RUFTH team ideas that I posted a few days ago. I am all about teams! If you have 20 -25 kids participating, give them each packets and try to make each persons goal at least $500.00 in sales. If you have 20 kids participate, that's $10k in one fundraiser. They can do this same thing now and another in November. Since you are SA, you can give the top seller Fiesta Texas tickets or Sea World or something like that.

I'm offering MEGA shows to the RFL teams around here. Maybe they could ALL invite EVERYONE they know to (I don't know, the local HS auditorium?) one big show. Make every family responsible for adding up orders from "their customers" Hire a couple local kids to help out...

gilliandanielle said:
I would give them a month to have one huge catalog show, put it in as a regular show and choose some awesome items with the free product value. Then do an auction and auction off the "prizes". Since you have a full year you could techinically do this 3 times with new products each time.
But if they put it in as a regular catalog show they would get any money.

UpdateHere is an update. I talked to the ASL mom because it's been a good three weeks since I mailed her some info. I called to touch base and she said the parents of the club are meeting Monday. So far they love the idea of PC products being sold as opposed to food, or other junk that is usually sold in fundraisers. Those were words she used. She said she has already circled things she wants!
She mentioned that she was amazed at how many products were not as expensive as she initially thought they would be. She thinks this will be a great fundraiser and so I am supposed to call her by Wednesday if I don't hear from her to find out what they are wanting to do.
It's so exciting. I really would like to get some good sales out of this. My anniversary and my toddler's birthday are in May and I would like to have a strong April, take most of May off (I only book one show in May and I have one booked already) and then start up again in June. May is the month we are going out of town for a whole week for a cool bible conference in Azle, TX to hear Paul Washer speak. I posted one of his sermons a while back. May is my anniversary and we always go to a bed and breakfast. This time it will be in Houston. Bogarts on Boulevard. It's really nice and I am looking forward to it. Anyway I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the great ideas! And to the person who asked it's $15,000 for all the kids that want to go, not each. I will definitely be giving a nice prize to the highest seller, a gift card or something, the Fiesta Texas tickets is a great idea! Thanks!
I did say I would add 5% of my commission to final sales! So instead of 15% I will make it 20%.

Debbie :D

Debbie

fundraiser ideaI think that's a great idea holding several fundraisers over the course of the year. $15,000 sounds daunting at first but if they break it down into "baby steps" it is managable. Also, they shouldn't be counting on just you to help fundraise, there are professionals out there that do that for a living. By doing what you do best, as a PC consultant, you should be able to help them contribute towards their trip by holding a PC fundraiser.

If you are starting this real soon how about a combined fundraiser - Offer the HWC products and the RUFTH trivet as Mother's day gifts. Have the orders in by May 1st and place your big order to get the the items back by Mother's Day.

Customers are not only contributing to their cause but, in purchasing the targeted products, they will be helping the other two charities - and get great Mom's Day gifts!

If people want to order other items - go ahead and earn more for the fundraiser.

Thanks, Linda

Last edited:
I think getting by-in from your whole group is very important, and if you explain how it breaks down into a per-student expectation, it will be easier for the kids and families to work on specific goals. If you can do a kick off show of sorts and ask each family to commit to holding two shows each season as suggested above, you will know what kind of buy in you have. Maybe ask them to sign a pledge of support for this fundraiser--sounds hokey but putting your name down on paper does help with accountability. And sweeten the pot with something extra for the student that raises the most cash (like give that student some cash for trip spending money, or a basket of PC stuff for the family).

What is "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!"?

"I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!" is a popular phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to ask for advice or suggestions from other consultants in the company. It is a way for consultants to share their knowledge and experience with each other.

How can I participate in "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!"?

To participate in "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!", simply join the Pampered Chef consultant community, either through the official website or through social media groups. Once you are a member, you can contribute your own ideas and also offer advice and suggestions to other consultants who are seeking help.

What kind of questions can I ask in "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!"?

You can ask any question related to Pampered Chef products, recipes, hosting parties, or running your business as a consultant. This is a great platform to get input and feedback from experienced consultants who have faced similar challenges or have creative solutions.

Is "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!" only for consultants?

Yes, "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!" is a community exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants. It is a private space where consultants can freely share their experiences, ask for help, and offer support to each other.

Why is "I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!" beneficial for Pampered Chef consultants?

"I Need Your Brains for This One Cheffers!!!" is beneficial for Pampered Chef consultants because it allows them to connect with other consultants and learn from each other. It also helps them build a strong network and support system within the company, which can lead to personal and professional growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
country cook
  • raebates