• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need to Kick It Into High Gear! Help!!!

I really don't want to deal with them. If I am calling again I might not and then a message again on the 3rd try. I don't want to appear lke a stalkerWhen you do get people on the line, share your situation. "I'm working really hard to take my business full time. Do you think you could help me out?" Then, offer cooking shows, catty shows and the "Hey, have you ever thought of doing this?"thanks for all the ideas. Keep em coming! :)
chefkristin
Gold Member
Ok cheffers! I need to know how I can kick my business into high gear fast!!
I need to try to make it happen faster. I have been out of work now for 6 weeks. I have been trying to find something and either I am not right for them or I don't want to work there. UUGGHH!!! :(
Anyway, the next step is to make this job full time. I finally got on the phone today and left 20 messages!!! Yes all voicemails-another EERRGGHH!!!
I will take all the advice I can get. Please help!!!

I really had a hard time when I kept getting answering machines during my calls. I attended a class in which the speaker said we will get 1 person for every 10 calls (the rest being machines or other household members), and only x out of those 10 will want to buy/host/become a consultant.

BING!!! Suddenly, when I got answering machines I rarely left a message. Hang up and move on, time is short and precious. The result was less frustration on my part, so when I did reach a person I did not have that anxiety in my voice. I also did not lose hope that I would get someone, I knew I was playing the odds.

I am happier when I speak to people, I know what to say, and as a result I am gettin bookings and referrals. All good.

Robin

priscilla said:
I really had a hard time when I kept getting answering machines during my calls. I attended a class in which the speaker said we will get 1 person for every 10 calls (the rest being machines or other household members), and only x out of those 10 will want to buy/host/become a consultant.

BING!!! Suddenly, when I got answering machines I rarely left a message. Hang up and move on, time is short and precious. The result was less frustration on my part, so when I did reach a person I did not have that anxiety in my voice. I also did not lose hope that I would get someone, I knew I was playing the odds.

I am happier when I speak to people, I know what to say, and as a result I am gettin bookings and referrals. All good.

Robin
I leave message because what if they have caller ID?

I don't leave messages unless I know they will call me back. I would rather they see that I called (if they have caller id) and wonder why then to leave the ball in their court. I always feel weird calling someone "hey, did you get my message?" and giving them the exact same info because I want to make sure they got it.

cmdtrgd said:
I don't leave messages unless I know they will call me back. I would rather they see that I called (if they have caller id) and wonder why then to leave the ball in their court. I always feel weird calling someone "hey, did you get my message?" and giving them the exact same info because I want to make sure they got it.

Yep - exactly!!!

dannyzmom said:
Yep - exactly!!!
Come on Carolyn....Don't you have anything???:eek:

Lynn Conway sp? (she's a speaker at conference this year) would tell you to always leave a message because they HAVE caller id.

Something quick like

"Krisin, this is Jeanine Larson with the Pampered Chef (we met at Caroyln's party). I'm sorry I missed you. I will call you later but if you'd like to call me first my number is 555-5555. I look forward to talking to you soon."

I leave a message the first time I call - If I am calling again I might not and then a message again on the 3rd try. I don't want to appear lke a stalker

When I leave a message I also send out a post card or a mini catalog that way, I don't feel like I wasted my time.

When you do get people on the line, share your situation. "I'm working really hard to take my business full time. Do you think you could help me out?" Then, offer cooking shows, catty shows and the "Hey, have you ever thought of doing this?"

thanks for all the ideas. Keep em coming! :)

chefkristin said:
I leave message because what if they have caller ID?

Ah Ha! I have had several people call me because they saw my ID on their phone, but no message. If I have to make 10 calls to get a live person, and need to talk with 3 people a day, I do not have time to leave a message. Besides, if they cannot be bothered to pick up the phone and return my message (come on, how many folks that you leave a message for actually call back), why should I leave one? I will try again until I get that live person.

Now, this is when I am making CCC or trying to get bookings. If I am host coaching I coach their machine and send an email with the same info. Seems to work well for all my hosts.

Robin

priscilla said:
Ah Ha! I have had several people call me because they saw my ID on their phone, but no message. If I have to make 10 calls to get a live person, and need to talk with 3 people a day, I do not have time to leave a message. Besides, if they cannot be bothered to pick up the phone and return my message (come on, how many folks that you leave a message for actually call back), why should I leave one? I will try again until I get that live person.

Now, this is when I am making CCC or trying to get bookings. If I am host coaching I coach their machine and send an email with the same info. Seems to work well for all my hosts.

Robin
HMMM......I guess making them wonder would be a good thing huh? Maybe I will try it.

1. How can I increase my sales quickly?

One way to kick it into high gear and increase your sales is to host a virtual party. Invite friends, family, and acquaintances to join you online for a fun and interactive cooking demonstration. This will give you the opportunity to showcase new products and share recipes while also generating sales.

2. What are some tips for boosting my customer base?

Networking is key when it comes to expanding your customer base. Attend local events, join community groups, and reach out to potential customers through social media. You can also offer incentives for referrals or host a referral program to encourage current customers to bring in new ones.

3. How can I motivate myself to stay on track?

Setting achievable goals and rewarding yourself when you reach them can help keep you motivated. You can also find an accountability partner, whether it's a fellow consultant or a friend, to help keep you on track and provide support and encouragement.

4. What are some ways to stand out from other consultants?

Offering personalized services, such as cooking classes or meal prep workshops, can help differentiate you from other consultants and attract new customers. You can also focus on a specific niche or demographic, such as busy moms or health-conscious individuals, and tailor your products and services to their needs.

5. How can I utilize social media to boost my business?

Social media can be a powerful tool for growing your business. Make sure to have a strong online presence by regularly posting about new products, promotions, and events. Engage with your followers by responding to comments and messages, and use hashtags to reach a wider audience. You can also run targeted ads to reach potential customers in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • naekelsey