• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Help - My Host Wants a Combined Show

I am a sex educator!), but it's just not something that most people are comfortable with. Secondly, people might not want to buy from a party where they know other people are buying too. Thirdly, combining the two shows might make it difficult to get a good host because you would be competing with the other vendor. Lastly, it might make it difficult to get the best host benefits because you would be splitting the commission with two people.
itsjustCarla
My host was supposed to be one of my first during my super starter months and she backed out on me....now she wants to schedule a Pampered Chef show and a Mary Kay Cosmetics show at the same time. Has anyone ever done this before??? I don't want to lose this show because there are soooo many sales potentials here...any ideas on how to make this work??

I find that people only have so much money per month to spend on party items. I do not like combined parties unless it is something like a holiday boutique where people know ahead of time and are shopping for others as well as themselves. Suggest that she do the MK party one month and yours another month so as to get the best host benefits possible. Also, some people might not come because of past MK consultants and bad experiences. HTH

I did one once and I will never do one again I was told that over 200 invites went out and when i got there i was put in a dark corner and had 65 in sales it was horrible

I was skeptical about duo-shows but so far every one I have done has been quite successful. The only one that was not great was shared with a jewelry lady. But the ones with MK, Southern Living and an embellished Flip Flop gal were all very successful. That said, I will only do it when there is only ONE other vendor there...no more. And only when I am given time to do a full demo.

dannyzmom said:
I was skeptical about duo-shows but so far every one I have done has been quite successful. The only one that was not great was shared with a jewelry lady. But the ones with MK, Southern Living and an embellished Flip Flop gal were all very successful. That said, I will only do it when there is only ONE other vendor there...no more. And only when I am given time to do a full demo.
Embellished Flip-Flops????

I didn't one with a creative scrapbook lady and a home interior lady last July.

My show was held in the kitchen and started at 10 am and did about $650 in sales and had 15 people + outside orders. I was done about 12:30. One of the ladies there I saw at another show said that after everyone ate, they went into a different room, relax while the scrapbook lady set up in the dining room until 1:45pm and then they sat there while she talked for 1 hours and 15 minutes while she explained everything and she had about $100 in sales. There were only about 5 people there then. The home interior lady started setting her stuff up in the living room while all of that was going on and than about 4pm they ate some food that was left from my show and then went into the living room for the home interior lady demo. She did about $300. By this time, more people arrived so she about about 12 people there for that show. Everything was over about 7pm. (that is what the one lady told me because she stay for everything to let me know what happen after I left - pretty sneeky of her and me);) :p :)

chefkristin said:
Embellished Flip-Flops????

Maybe it's just a South Florida thing?
Here: http://shoes.about.com/od/sandals/a/flipflopsandals.htm that should give you an idea. Lots of women make all sorts of variations of these, from ones with Swarovski crystals to fur. One of the gals in my downline sells them and actually SHE was the other salesperson at one of my shows last year and ended up signing a few days after the show - LOL

I've done successful joint shows with Tastefully Simple, with each of us doing an abbreviated demo. I've also done several shows with my neighbor who sells purses and that's been just okay.

I don't really understand how a joint PC/MK show would work. How did you do it, Carolyn?

Speaking of doing a party with another vendor....I had someone book a show for February. Great! However.....she wants to do it combined with an "adult toys" party. I won't say no to the booking, but ummmmmm.....I'm not sure how that will work. LOL LOL. I am thinking I'll ask to do my QUICK demo first, take orders and then let the dildo peddler do her thing.....LOL LOL. What do you think?????

I think it would decrease your attendance and sales. First off, most adult toy people cannot do shows with ANY males or children in the HOUSE! It can be seen as something similar to prostitution...how, I don't know (how do I know this, you might ask - I have a friend who sells adult toys and her company is VERY strict about it!). Secondly, if someone is not comfortable with adult toys, but likes PC, they may not come. and lastly, adult toys are usually expensive and are exciting because they are "naughty". Whereas PC is family oriented. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just let her know. Maybe offer to bring the food, possibly even something completely ready to go in the oven to make it an express show - as long as it is not with the adult toys.

Embellished flip-flops?!?!? I'm so in!!

embelished flip flops
dannyzmom said:
Here: http://shoes.about.com/od/sandals/a/flipflopsandals.htm that should give you an idea. Lots of women make all sorts of variations of these, from ones with Swarovski crystals to fur. One of the gals in my downline sells them and actually SHE was the other salesperson at one of my shows last year and ended up signing a few days after the show - LOL

I thought they'd be the ones where the top part rests on foot/feet have crocheted really thin material on them. My mom and her friend makes them, I'll go and try to copy, but not sure it will let me...

well I saved to hard drive, but don't know how to send to you here, guess i"ll have to send to your email :(

Liz

I did a duo party with a Tastefully Simple rep. We both did abbreviated shows and I did very well compared to the TS. I hope that same host wants to do it again--it was a $1000 show for me at the end!

dannyzmom said:

Those are so cute...how cofortable are they? I so have to order a couple of pairs. They look so cute with the frenh manicure as well...to bad it's to cold here in WI to wear them right now.

So...what happened?

You will want to make sure that you host knows that the final decision is hers. You should remind her that with it being the new year and right after Christmas that many people are on budgets. Because of budgets guests will not be able to spend too much at each vendor. Them not spending much at either vendor will decrease the hosts rewards.

I did a combined show with a wine company once. My show was great -- but the host was horrific - I could not get her to close, then she complained to PC about me. Luckily I had saved all of my email correspondence which was a great CYA for me!

I am going to be doing a combined show with a Two Sisters consultant soon, my product, her food. She is a prior host and her show was a great show, so I am optomistic for the combined show.

Sk8Mom209 said:
I did a combined show with a wine company once. My show was great -- but the host was horrific - I could not get her to close, then she complained to PC about me. Luckily I had saved all of my email correspondence which was a great CYA for me!

I am going to be doing a combined show with a Two Sisters consultant soon, my product, her food. She is a prior host and her show was a great show, so I am optomistic for the combined show.

What type of food is two sisters? I haven't heard of them in my area. What is your opinion of them?

Two Sisters is a gourmet food company, very similar to Tastefully Simple. They are fairly new and in my State there are only a handful of consultants.

I enjoy many of their products, especially their Outrageously Garlic season mix and a brand new item Espresso Chocolate sauce.

They are somewhat expensive and I do not understand why anyone would buy some of the products, like the cheesecake mix, but their apple cake mix and beer bread mix are very good and very popular from what I understand. Their beer bread is much different than ours. It is lighter in density and sweeter in taste.

Embellished Flip Flops...it's not just a South Fla thing - it's a southern thing baby! They are all over here! I must own a dozen pair at least! I even have sparkly rhinestone pink ones with a bow to go with my sparkly black-t from VIP.

I haven't done it, but my director did a show with a MK friend of ours called "dinner and a makeover" It was pretty successful for my director, I don't know about the MK lady. $500 in sales for Pampered Chef, and ME as a booking and future recruit!!

SusanBP0129 said:
Speaking of doing a party with another vendor....I had someone book a show for February. Great! However.....she wants to do it combined with an "adult toys" party. I won't say no to the booking, but ummmmmm.....I'm not sure how that will work. LOL LOL. I am thinking I'll ask to do my QUICK demo first, take orders and then let the dildo peddler do her thing.....LOL LOL. What do you think?????

I'm thinking you could do the little boob cakes w/prep bowls.(lol)

Okay, okay, I'm still waking up but that really was better than my first reaction concerning slicing cucumbers!

I did a combo show with a Silpada rep. I don't know what she ended up with, but mine totalled out at over $800. I am not at a point that I can turn away shows, so I am open to all.

yeah...I would say go for it. It doesn't hurt to try, it's one night. Really, let the host pay for food and all and then if it fails, you've only lost your time. And you've learned a good lesson. :)

I've been to an adult party but I think I'd personally have SO much fun cohosting with one! I love the boob cake idea! How great is that!

Related to I Need Help - My Host Wants a Combined Show

1. How do I combine two or more shows for my host?

To combine shows, simply reach out to your host and ask if they have any friends or family members who would like to join their party. Once you have a list of interested guests, you can create a new party link and invite all of them to join. This way, you can have a larger combined show with more potential sales and rewards for your host.

2. Will my host still receive all of their rewards and benefits?

Yes, your host will still receive all of their rewards and benefits for the combined show. They will get credit for all the sales made through their party link, and their rewards will be based on the total sales from the combined show.

3. Can I combine shows from different hosts?

Yes, you can combine shows from different hosts as long as they are both active and have agreed to combine their shows. It's a great way to reach a larger audience and increase sales for both hosts.

4. How do I keep track of the sales and rewards for each individual host?

To keep track of the sales and rewards for each individual host, you can create a separate spreadsheet or document to track their sales. Make sure to communicate with each host and update them on their progress and rewards throughout the combined show.

5. Can I still offer individual host specials during a combined show?

Yes, you can still offer individual host specials during a combined show. This is a great way to incentivize each host to invite more guests and increase their sales. Just make sure to communicate with each host and let them know about any special offers or promotions they can share with their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • floccies