• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Help Identifying an Old Product

In summary, the guest asked about a product called "boil control" that was discontinued a few years ago. It is still available in the UK, and can be found on E-Bay. It is a stainless steel can with a vegetable top that helps to remove garlic or onion odors.
Pamperedpartylady
:eek: I did a show last night, and a guest asked if we still carried the "silver disk" that you through in a boiling pot to keep it from boiling over. Does anyone know what she is talking about and about how long it has been gone? It sounds like something I could definitely use! Thanks! Erika:)

That one is not quite as old as the Pyramids but still way before my time, too.If I remember correctly, there's one in the museum at HO.

I've heard of this, too, but it hasn't been around for the 4 1/2 years I've been here.

Promote the outlet and instruct her to keep checking back!

It is a product called "boil control." It is still available in the UK, I recently ordered it (with a few other items) from britishchef!

I have been in as long as Paige and I don't remember it either. I do believe it was call Boil Control. Check E-Bay as they usually have things like that on there if she wants it sooner than if and when it will come out in the Outlet. I am betting it won't just because it was never in the Surprise Packs (that I know of) at conference.

Good Luck

hmmm...ok, thanks...I wish I knew what type of "substance" it was made from...

Thank You So Much Jennifer!

Pamperedpartylady said:
hmmm...ok, thanks...I wish I knew what type of "substance" it was made from...
Antiboilme.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Antiboilme.

Okay, this is the first time I have LOL at one of your quips, KG. :D

Actually, putting a metal spoon in the pot will keep it from boiling over, too. Just scary to have a metal spoon so close to our non-stick!

I'm betting that they stopped selling them because it is such a gimmick when you can use a metal spoon just as easily.

I have one of the boil control things-seems like it is the top of a can of green beans. (or any other veggie) I found it at a garage sale for $1 and saw PC on it and immediately knew I HAD to have it. It DOES work though, but you might want to try the veggie top too. LOL

I will check ebay...I am not finding it on britishchef for some reason...

DebbieJ said:
Okay, this is the first time I have LOL at one of your quips, KG. :D
What took you so long? This one isn't even on the A list. ;)

Thanks everyone...I found what she was talking about. I'd get one for myself, but would be afraid to use it in my executive cookware. eeeks....THanks for your help...I LOVE This site!

It's on stop sell here because it's being discontinued and they ran out!

britishchef said:
It's on stop sell here because it's being discontinued and they ran out!
Well, that's a disc-gusting development.

The Boil Control was made of stainless steel. I remember that because a tip for it was to rub it between your hands under running water to get rid of onion or garlic odors. You can do the same thing with a piece of stainless flatware. (I recommend a spoon instead of a knife. :) )

I think that some other company sells a very similar item. Google it!

A chef at one of my shows suggested rubbing your hands on the stainless steel faucet to get the garlic/onion smell off.

Then he looked at his wife and commented that wives prefer you use our soap rather than getting the faucet all messy.

I've been with PC for 8 years and it was discontinued shortly after I started. I don't think I ever sold one. They say you sell what you talk about and I never used it so I never talked about it :) I do have mine around here somewhere but that was 3 houses...and many boxes...ago! Over the years I've had people ask about it but VERY few.

I have one, bought it way before I became a consultant and never used it. It is still in my drawer but out of the package. If anyone wants it they can have for $2.00 and that includs the shipping. So first person to email or PM me their address can have it. I take pay pal or you can send me a check. [email protected]

Last edited:
I have a taker on the Boil Control. Thanks, Laura

The thing is, it doesn't keep your stuff from boiling over. It doesn't control the boil at all. What it does is make noise when your water (or whatever) starts to boil. With my radio or tv going, I rarely heard it.

The faucet trick only works on certain stainless steel. If a magnet sticks to your faucet, it won't work.

You can use the garlic press in the same manner as the sink trick for removing orders. I talk about that at my shows all the time. They actually sell something that looks like a bar of soap but is metal for this same purpose...I'd rather save the money and use something I love and adore (my GP)!

HTH!

Yep, the Boil Control is what I refer to as some of my Vintage PC. LOL
I used to pass it around my shows for people to introduce themselves and tell what they thought it was.
A lot of people thought it was the top of a canned food.

It always seemed to work for me. Don't use it much anymore though.

I've often thought of having a theme show for everyone to bring your oldest PC item.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
I've often thought of having a theme show for everyone to bring your oldest PC item.

Great Idea, I am going to try that next time I have my openhouse and give away something for the oldest product. I have an my openhouse on Tuesday, I hope I have a good turn out. It hasn't snowed here all winter and what happens this weekend? We get snow! I hope people show up because I am so excited about the new products. I have always had $900 openhouses so I am hoping to at least get 1/2 that with this weather.

1. What is the best way to identify an old Pampered Chef product?

The best way to identify an old Pampered Chef product is to first check the product number or name on the item. You can then search for the item on our website or contact our customer service team for assistance. You can also consult our product archives or reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for help.

2. How can I find out when a specific product was first introduced by Pampered Chef?

You can find out when a specific product was first introduced by Pampered Chef by checking the product archives on our website. You can also contact our customer service team or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

3. Can I still purchase an old Pampered Chef product that is no longer available?

Unfortunately, we are unable to sell products that are no longer available through our website or customer service. However, you may be able to find the product through a consultant or through a third-party seller.

4. How do I know if a discontinued product is still covered by Pampered Chef's warranty?

If a product has been discontinued, it may no longer be covered by Pampered Chef's warranty. However, you can contact our customer service team for more information and they will be happy to assist you.

5. Is there a way to determine the value of an old Pampered Chef product?

The value of an old Pampered Chef product can vary depending on its condition, rarity, and demand. You can search for similar products on online marketplaces or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for an estimate of the product's value.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • c00p
  • Products and Tips
Replies