• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Hate to Start a New Thread, But...

In summary, Sherrie is not a fan of this game and thinks it could tarnish the reputation of the Pampered Chef.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I can't find the file I'm looking for! Sometime in the past two weeks (I think) there was a game posted - word file - that was a "who am I" type game.

It was a bit racy, and there was some heated discussion about it. I am doing a show for an Essence of Romance consultant and she said her guests would LOVE a twist on the Pampered Chef show. I wanted to do this game, and I wanted her to be able to go over it to make sure she was comfortable with it.

Help! Does anyone have the file?

I searched, I promise!!!

Thanks for the help - I got it!

I'd like to see the file you are talking about... :)

I looked it up and I have to say I would never do this at a party. I would be embarrassed to get up there and read those things. I think you risk offending someone if you play this game. I am sure Doris Christopher would surely baulk at the thought of it. I know those sex toy partys are becoming quit popular but when people go to those they expect something a little risque. I think you would also jeopardize the proffessionalism of the Pampered Chef name. To each his own though, play at your own risk. Just not for me.

redd3708 said:
I'd like to see the file you are talking about... :)

I just e-mailed it to you....

I think it is the perfect game for the right crowd! Obviously don't do it at a church show, but I think that Doris Christopher would be proud that we are customizing shows to the crowd. And if she isn't.......she can baulk all the way to the bank! Sex sells baby!

Hey, can you send it to my email please. Thanks!

luvs2sellit said:
I looked it up and I have to say I would never do this at a party. I would be embarrassed to get up there and read those things. I think you risk offending someone if you play this game. I am sure Doris Christopher would surely baulk at the thought of it. I know those sex toy partys are becoming quit popular but when people go to those they expect something a little risque. I think you would also jeopardize the proffessionalism of the Pampered Chef name. To each his own though, play at your own risk. Just not for me.

The host is an Essence of Romance consultant. She loved it and said she would be unhappy if we didn't play it. I was a bit embarrassed as I was reading it, but she said this is kind of what the group of guests will expect from a party at her house. :rolleyes:

I would never do it without letting my host see it at least a week in advance and okay it.

soonerchef said:
I just e-mailed it to you....

Thanks alot! I just received it in my inbox. But I have a question....do the guests look though the catalog to find the answers?

The original file had the page numbers on it, I took them off because I didn't want to change the cards every season...just wanted one laminated set and to be done. So, yes they can look through the catalog to find the answers but, someone always knows the answer before the others can flip through the cattie to find the answer...that's the other reason I took the pg numbers off.

Is this game in the files? Now my curiousity is up and I would sure like to see it! :p

I am not sure if it is in the files anymore, but I can e-mail it to you if you want.

please email it to me too...thanks

Sherrie Sperzel
Independent Consultant
[email protected]

Attachments

• Riddle-What am I game - SS 2006.doc
    38 KB · Views: 687
Oh my Gawd!
That has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. I guess if people know the show was going to be risque, I would be fin with it, but I can't imagine doing that with some of the groups I've had. LOL

I agree with Laura. I would never even think to do this at a show. Whether it is a show partnered with the lingerie consultant or not. The Pampered Chef has a very outstanding reputation, and I would be very offended if this was played at a show that I attended. I think the mission statement needs to be reiterated here. This is not what Doris intended. The Pampered Chef is a very respected company by many people. I would hate to see that tarnished.
Just my .04 cents.

Okay, that's it! I'm tired of all the judgement on this subject!!! Here is the mission statement for The Pampered Chef - I copied and pasted it right from the website"We are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to develop their God-given talents and skills to their fullest potential for the benefit of themselves, their families, our customers and the company.We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products, supported by service and information for our Consultants and customers."WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HAVING FUN IN ANY WAY?!?!?I agree that it is not for every party! I would never do it without the host's okay - at least a week in advance!!! And if she decided not to do it at the party, fine! It is HER group of friends and SHE knows them well enough to know how it would be received! I used this the other night - for the first time - at the show I did for my friend who is an E of R consultant. They had a blast, and I did too! Some of them were not risque at all...and some I had the host say because I didn't feel comfortable being able to say it without giggling!I think one of the main ideas I love that comes out of TPC is not to prejudge anyone! This business can work for anyone who wants to try it...no matter what! If you don't want to do it at your shows, great! I don't care! But, you will not judge others for doing it at their shows! Just like I don't judge you for not playing it at your shows!And, um, unless you ask Doris whether or not she would think this was appropriate, YOU DON'T KNOW! Each person has his or her own business and can do with it what they want, within the guidelines set in the Recipe for Success. Until you show me in writing where it says I cannot do something like this at MY SHOWS, I will continue to do it where I and the host feel it is appropriate.Linda - this is not directed at you, but everyone who has judged me and whoever else has played this game, or thought about playing it, or thought it was funny. Please don't take offense to it, I'm just tired of the attitude I've been given on this game.Please continue to post as I value your information as much as others. I just don't like being told what or what not to do.

soonerchef said:
I am not sure if it is in the files anymore, but I can e-mail it to you if you want.

Pssst...Andrea, me2;) ;) ;)

Ginger:cool:

I don't think anyone was judging you. It is their opinion that the game is not for them or their shows. What you do at your shows is up to you. I personally was embarrassed to read some of the questions and I would never, ever do that at one of my shows and if I was attending the show I would leave...but that is me and it has nothing to do with you. I have heard of people saying things like "our scrapers are the safest silicone you should have in your home"...referring to breast implants....and I would never say that either...but once again, that is me. Yes, sex sells, but not everyone is or wants to be buying it. That is why this business is so great. We can each CHOOSE what we want to do at our shows and how we want to run our business and we don't have to incorporate things that we are uncomfortable with into our business.

Shawnna - I totally agree with you except for one point. There was judgement going on when people would say something along the lines of "this was not what Doris meant..." etc. I don't care who does this at their shows. Like I said, there were some I couldn't say. Anyhoo, I really needed to vent about that - thanks for listening.

I agree with you Kate, I am tired of the judgement as well...if you don't have something nice to say....

Ginger I will send it this evening!!

Kate, Andrea...

Count me in, too. I do not know Doris, nor have I even personally met her, so I would never presume to know what she was thinking, or what may or may not offend her. You never know. I thought the idea was pretty funny, as you can read in my previous post. Come to think of it, if I had done that at today's show, I would've had a little more attention. It got away from me a couple of times.

Sometimes I think we need to take a deep breath and realize that 99% of what is posted here comes from a good place. (Me included!) No one is deliberately trying to offend someone. In anouther thread, one poster made a comment about how she was embarrassed to see a woman just whip out her breast and start breast feeding at her show, which I also thought was funny. Some were offended by it and you would have thought that someone from La Leche League would be camed out at the poster's house, when it was really just a little comment. And if I offended someone by that post, I am sorry.

Oh my goodness...I am not judging anyone or anything that anyone does at their shows. Like so many have said, our shows are to be done how we want and with our own personalities, etc. put into them. That is the great thing about our business opportunity.
Without personally asking Doris, I don't think any of us know how she would feel about this.
I did not in any way mean to offend or judge anyone. I was simply commenting on the subject. I apologize for it seeming any different.
Wow...I never post anything, and then when I do, I blow it. I will keep my opinions to myself in the future. Mouth zipped in Minnesota!

No, No, No...we want you to post and so you know I am the ultimate QUEEN of putting my foot in my mouth...like I have said before, I like the way it tastes!!

I must have put my whole leg in my mouth, huh? I really feel terrible that I may have offended anyone. I love to hear everyone's ideas and what they are doing at their shows.

Don't feel bad, and please promise that you will keep posting. I will say that the great thing about this site is all of the different ideas, take what you like and ignore the things you don't. We are all different and like the family we are, we will sometimes fight and have disagreements, but we should always make up, because we are just that....a family!

Linda - I meant what I said earlier, that post was not directed at you. There had been previous posts that felt (to me, at least) like judement, and I just HAD to say something!!! I saw that you had only posted a few times and didn't want to discourage you AT ALL! Please keep posting...I promise to always be very forward with what I say, so you never have to wonder about what I mean :D

soonerchef said:
No, No, No...we want you to post and so you know I am the ultimate QUEEN of putting my foot in my mouth...like I have said before, I like the way it tastes!!

You like the way it tastes?!!! You are killing me :D I have heard some of the funniest things on this site!!!

jenniferlynne said:
You like the way it tastes?!!! You are killing me :D I have heard some of the funniest things on this site!!!

LOL........from what I understand, MINE must taste GREAT also....whenever I come home from the beach, my DOG has a field day with mine:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I always find it humourous that when someone does not agree with your thoughts and we post something to the contrary we are being judgemental. I simply stated that I would not do this at a party. And I still would not. I also stated that I think Doris would not like the idea. That is my opinion. I did not mean to come across "judgemental". I was simply stating what I would or would not do. Just an idea. Why don't those of you who think it is a super idea tell Doris about it. I would really love to hear her opinion. That is not sarcastic either. I would just like to know where she stands on it. And if she does or does not like it- well that is her opinion! :D

soonerchef said:
Don't feel bad, and please promise that you will keep posting. I will say that the great thing about this site is all of the different ideas, take what you like and ignore the things you don't.

Well put! I agree with you completely.

IMHO, I think the poster feels liek she's being judged because all she asked for was the file and some came in and shared their opinion about it, when her host had expressed that she really wanted a show that was different.

I don't think its a big deal. I always feel when I ask a question, I will be able to make an educated decision because of the input from those on this site, we're all from different walks of life.

Wow! I must say thank you for this game!!! After reading the controversy, I had to see it, and after I did I was so glad!It certainly isn't one I would do at most of my shows. I have a great time at them, but most just don't go there. One of my last shows, though was a singles show. Now I didn't do anything to start it, it was just the crowd, but everything that came out of my mouth or any one else's got turned into innuendo. I tried not to be embarrassed, and after a while, I just went with it, and started saying, "OK, so what does that make you think of?" At least it kept them focused on the presentation and not off talking to one another.They had a great time with each other and the party, and all but one of the guests (even one of the two single men!) booked parties of their own. I was so shocked because I was afraid that they might think I was too straight-laced or something.Anyway, after reading this, I am going to show it to the first of the hosts for the first party booked off that one, and I have a feeling it will be a big hit. Definitely one to get an ok on first, but with the right crowd, I can see this being a lot of fun so thanks again!

ardipc said:
Definitely one to get an ok on first, but with the right crowd, I can see this being a lot of fun so thanks again!

I think so too!

This looks like a great game! I do not do games at my show, but I have a show coming up that I am fairly certain this would be a hit at. It may even be too tame as there are really only one or two racy cards!

This game may have just changed my opinion of games at a PC show!

I just saved it on my computer and I am going to leave it there until the right host comes along...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • jcwarr