• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Handle Pushy Sales Tactics?

went ahead and bought the car. I learned my lesson and from then on I always went and did my own research and checked out the cars myself. The second car I bought was with my husband. We were both working and couldn't really afford a car so I did a lot of the research myself and found a car that I really liked. I was so excited and so trusting. I wasn't sure if he would like it because I had already bought it but when I got home and showed it to him he loved it. He said it was the best car he ever bought. The third car was a little more complicated. We were looking for a car for my mother-in-law. I had found a
pampchefrhondab
Boy, I just had two sales people in my house tonight. I really thought what they were selling was a great product - just didn't like their tactics!!

As some of you may know we have water in our heating ducts in the slab. We had these people out from Everdry. They have a great system to keep the slab dry, but it is way... too much money to make a decision tonight!! Then they tried to say scheduling was first week of Sept., but if we went on the, "we'll call you" list it was be a $2,000 discount and they could probably fit us in within 30-40 days!:eek:

They really didn't want to leave w/o us saying yes. They said, "We can just write up the papers." "You have 3 days to cancel." Then they went out and had a cigarette so we could think it over!! We told them, "no way" were we making this decision tonight!

The funny part was they said, do you want the short or long version when they were explaining their system to us. We said the short. About 1/2 way through the sales pitch I said to my husband, "I'm glad we chose the short version." He thought that was funny.

Wow, I just really didn't like the sales pitch! Amazing! Made me so glad I'm not a pushy sales person!

It's really annoying when salespeople do that. At least they can serve as a bad example. :)

If they have a great product and nothing to hide, they don't need to go to these tactics! I'm not going to call them until we decide what we want to do, but I will give them a piece of my mind when I do!

I had nightmares about these people and company last night - just not getting good vibes!

They must get some kind of "spot" bonus if they get the contract signed on the spot. I worked at a car dealership, and "spotting" a car (selling it and having the new owner drive off the lot the same day they walked in the door) was a huge deal and got you extra bonuses. Some people are just relentless and don't try to sell themselves, though, and that's where they make the mistake. Instead of coming on heavy with the sales pitch, they should be trying to build a relationship with you so that you just don't want to say no to them. That was the best lesson I ever learned in car sales - if the customer loves you, you can sell them anything!! ;)

Yeah, they tried to do the "get to like us" thing as well. I just don't spend that kind of money that quickly ($14,000)! The older I get the worse I get about spending money anyway. When I purchased my washer & dryer I checked every web site, read all about them, etc. When I was 20 I would just say, "hey, that looks good."

We told them before they even started looking at our situation that we were looking at all options. We told them we have our builder coming today to look at it as well.

I figured they got some kind of extra bonus, but in my opinion the company is losing money because of it. I really have a bad taste for them now.

cathyskitchen said:
They must get some kind of "spot" bonus if they get the contract signed on the spot. I worked at a car dealership, and "spotting" a car (selling it and having the new owner drive off the lot the same day they walked in the door) was a huge deal and got you extra bonuses. Some people are just relentless and don't try to sell themselves, though, and that's where they make the mistake. Instead of coming on heavy with the sales pitch, they should be trying to build a relationship with you so that you just don't want to say no to them. That was the best lesson I ever learned in car sales - if the customer loves you, you can sell them anything!! ;)

bit of a hijack and long, you've been warned read on at your own risk!!:)

When you sell yourself you are sooo right Cathy. I've bought 3 cars in my lifetime of driving and every experience was very different. My first car my boyfriend at the time pretty much picked out and I trusted him and his dad was friends with the dealer. I loved that car and still miss it!!:) When that car was run all it's worth, I was in desperate need of a vehicle and my husband(BF at Time) had just bought a car and I liked the salesmen so I bought there. He left a few months later and I was not happy about that. Most recently I bought a car just over a year ago and here is where the salesmen made all the difference.

I wasn't sure what I wanted exactly but I needed a car I'd totalled my old one. I still wanted to take my time and look around. I couldn't actually purchase the car till I had my insurance check to cover down payment. I went to look around to see what I'd want with my BFF and Her DH (they buy a lot of cars regularly) So I knew I wanted to look at NIssans and hondas. I was thinking like a sentra or a civic. We went to nissan and I saw and fell in love with the versa. I test drove that and a sentra. They were both nice but the sales guy was too passive. I thought it was nice he wasn't pushy but I didn't really feel like he was trying either. We went to one Honda dealer but decided not to stay because it wasn't the most reputable. But while there I saw a FIT which was similar to Versa. It was unlocked so we looked at it and checked it out. The next honda dealer we went to we waited forever to talk to a sales person and then when I explained what I wanted to look at and test drive and that I had to wait to make a decision because I had to wait for my check. He basically said unless I was looking to buy today because of the special they had I don't have time for you. We said fine and went to another dealership and the guy was friendly. He was a salesmen and he was just pushy enough. He knew a lot about the FIT because his dad owned one and loved it. He didn't push me, but while making my decision in order to reserve a FIT in my color of choice that was coming in that Monday I had to put down a $200 refundable deposit. I ended up buying that fit and love it. We even talked PC while in the test driving process. He never did order anything though!:rolleyes: Maybe I'll dig up his card and see if he or his wife want to host!!:):D:thumbup:

The more I think about these guys, the less I like them. They left us nothing in writing. I even asked for a business card and neither had one! What salesman doesn't carry a business card?

We had the builder out today and it sounds like we can take care of the problem for a lot less:)!

I don't deal with people who won't leave me something in writing. Period.

I am a project manager in construction and the best advice I can give you also is to NEVER do anythhing unless it is in writing. Even the bid. How are you going to compare what you are getting quoted on if they leave you no paperwork? Also, they should have business cards, go with your gut on this one.

I can't stand for someone to "sell" me something - I much prefer the ones who help me "buy" what I need. Run Forrest Run!

pampchefrhondab said:
The more I think about these guys, the less I like them. They left us nothing in writing. I even asked for a business card and neither had one! What salesman doesn't carry a business card?

We had the builder out today and it sounds like we can take care of the problem for a lot less:)!

That is great to hear! Hopefully it will be a easy fix.

1. Why do Pampered Chef consultants seem so pushy?

Our consultants are passionate about the products they sell and want to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible. They may come across as pushy at times, but their intention is to provide helpful recommendations and suggestions.

2. How can I avoid feeling pressured to buy products from Pampered Chef?

Our consultants are trained to respect their customers' boundaries and will never pressure anyone to make a purchase. If you feel uncomfortable or pressured, please let your consultant know and they will back off. You are under no obligation to buy anything.

3. Is there a way to shop with Pampered Chef without going through a consultant?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in the personal touch and building relationships with our customers. However, if you prefer to shop without a consultant, you can purchase our products directly through our website.

4. How can I politely decline a Pampered Chef party invitation without offending the consultant?

Our consultants understand that not everyone is interested in hosting or attending a party. If you are unable to attend or host a party, simply thank the consultant for the invitation and politely decline. They will appreciate your honesty and will not be offended.

5. Are there any hidden fees or obligations when purchasing from Pampered Chef?

No, there are no hidden fees or obligations when purchasing from Pampered Chef. Our consultants are transparent about the prices and any additional costs, such as shipping and handling. You are free to make a purchase or not without any obligations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
iluvmygarlicpress
Replies
Views
chezshelly
Replies
Views
Sheila