• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do Show Dates Affect Commissions and Promotions?

In summary, the conversation discusses the confusion surrounding how shows are counted for commissions, promotions, and incentives. The speaker initially thought that shows counted for the month they were submitted, but they were informed that it goes by the show date. This caused confusion about their eligibility for promotions and earning free products. They also mention a sell-a-thon that has a specific deadline for shows to be submitted. The conversation ends with the speaker realizing that their show from October does not count for the November sell-a-thon and expressing disappointment about cancelled shows becoming catalogue shows.
MaddyandOwensMom
I've been doing this just over a year and I realize that I don't get how shows count for certain months in terms of commissions, consult promotions, host specials, etc. For example. I dated a show in P3 10/26/07 but sent it in 11/6/07. I thought that it then counted for November. Then I'm told at my Cluster meeting that it goes by the show date submitted, which would be October. This goes with the e-mail I got stating that I only had one show submitted towards the free spring product. But when my director checked her stats, it said that I had submitted two shows in November. This includes the one that's show date is in October. No host or guest specials were ordered so I can't go by that.

I'm now totally confused as I thought that only for a promotion did the cutoff go beyond midnight of the last day of the month (like Dec 5th for Sell-A-Thon). But now I'm seeing that you have past that time to submit a show. Do you have to indicate that the end date is in, say October, even if you submit it in November? I'm thinking that my show date was Oct. but the end date was in Nov., thus kicking it over to Nov. I still haven't gotten any notification that I earned the spring product.

Any clarification would be helpful!
Jessica

You have to read all the fine print. For November sell-a-thon, they have to be shows DATED November.

As far as incentives, the date of the show is what counts. As far as commission, the date the show is submitted.

The show you mentioned would not count for the November sell-a-thon. Only shows held in Nov. & submitted by Dec. 5th. Some incentives are held & submitted in the same month to count. You will get your commission on it in November as well as all shows submitted this month.

Thanks everyone! I figured it out. My individual performance tracker says that I have submitted two shows for November, but because the show date is 10/26 and was submitted 11/3, it can't count for the Sell-A-Thon. So, I'll submit other shows and qualify for the two shows held and submitted between 11/1 and 11/30, but the commissionable sales and show itself from 10/26 does not count. I had several shows cancel this month and turn into catalogue shows and I was hopeful that I would still hit that $1500 mark. Oh well, live and learn!
Jessica

MaddyandOwensMom said:
I had several shows cancel this month and turn into catalogue shows and I was hopeful that I would still hit that $1500 mark. Oh well, live and learn!
Jessica

Catalog shows do still count if they are dated November and submitted before 12/5. Good luck!

What is "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!"?

"I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" is a popular book written by the founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher. It is a collection of cooking tips, tricks, and recipes designed to help busy individuals create delicious and healthy meals in a short amount of time.

Is "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" is a helpful resource for anyone who loves to cook and wants to improve their skills in the kitchen. It is not limited to Pampered Chef consultants and can benefit anyone looking to save time and create tasty meals.

Can I purchase "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" from a retail store?

Yes, "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" can be purchased from various retail stores that sell books, as well as online through the Pampered Chef website or other online retailers. It is also available for purchase at Pampered Chef parties and events.

Are there any specific products or ingredients required for the recipes in "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!"?

No, the recipes in "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" are designed to be simple and easy to make with basic kitchen equipment and ingredients. However, there may be some recipes that call for Pampered Chef products, which can be purchased separately.

Is "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" suitable for novice cooks?

Yes, "I Feel Silly Not Knowing This!" is a great resource for novice cooks as it provides step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for creating delicious meals. It is also a great way to learn new cooking techniques and gain confidence in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • Kristen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefinski
  • Adrian