• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!

In summary, Sarah said that she needs to take some time to think about her business and what it does for her before she makes a decision about whether or not to continue with it. She also said that she needs to do it quick to hang on to her directorship.
chefmeg
Gold Member
:grumpy: I got a letter today from the host of my show next Saturday. She is cancelling and it is because I didn't do my job. I feel awful-I have all kinds of excuses, but it comes down to the fact that I didn't call when I should have. I am totally depressed right now and am really questioning if I should continue with PC...I have just let the business take a back seat for the last year and have managed to get by only on my "laurels". This host really called me on that and now what?????????? I am in the third month of Director relinquishment and could loose what I have and I guess it comes to do I care enough to do what it is going to take to do this? I have cried all afternoon and everytime I think about quitting I feel a pit in my stomach. I think sometimes I am afraid of the success that I could have if I really applied myself. Actually, I let the fear of failure and success paralyze me.
Do you all have any advice for me other than the obvious? HELP! I am just really down on myself and need someone to light that fire under my butt that I had as a new consultant!

If you put your mind to it you CAN turn this around. (((HUGS)))

I think you need to take some time to really think about your business and what it does for you. It sounds like you have lost your sight on why you are doing it.

Maybe take some time to write down pros and cons. Also write out your goals for life in general; does PC fit in to help you acheive those goals? Ask yourself why you have let it slide. Have you just lost an enthusiasm for the product, have other things taken precedence? Why are you feeling that pit in your stomach? Is it because you would really miss your business or because maybe you feel like you would be "quitting"?

It sounds to me like you need to do some real soul searching to make this decision. It also sounds like you need to do it quick to hang on to your directorship!

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I think that you need to decide if you want to do PC. If you do I would put together an action plan to stay active. Get on the phone so that you do not lose directorship! I would call the hostess and apologize. She may still do the show and she may not, but at least you know that you gave it a shot. Also put together a schedule for hostess coaching so that a host does not feel neglected again.

Good Luck in the decision that you decide to make!

sfdavis918 said:
I think you need to take some time to really think about your business and what it does for you. It sounds like you have lost your sight on why you are doing it.

Maybe take some time to write down pros and cons. Also write out your goals for life in general; does PC fit in to help you acheive those goals? Ask yourself why you have let it slide. Have you just lost an enthusiasm for the product, have other things taken precedence? Why are you feeling that pit in your stomach? Is it because you would really miss your business or because maybe you feel like you would be "quitting"?

Sarah hit the nail on the head. I have been going through a lot too. Trying for Director but yet being so far away. I know if I get it I will want to keep my business running strong but that will have to be in addition to getting and keeping a consistent show schedule. I know it isn't a cake walk but you have a lot to do as a director.

You are in the stage because of relinquishment that you need to really think and write things down NOW and not just do what I do and say "I am going to do it". Make that effort so that when you decide to move forward in whatever direction you decide you know you thought it through thoroughly. They tell us to know our WHY - and write it down. If you think about WHY you are still in the business and how it fits into your goals it will help you to move in the direction you will need to.

I may be repeating Sarah and don't intend to but take your time to decide and in the next few days if you decide to keep your business going and directorship then don't let what this lady said to you hurt you but help you. She may be pointing out what you needed to pull yourself up by your boot straps and hit the road running again.

Good luck and let us know how it is going.

was she accurate in her accusations?
did she tell you what "she" expected your job to be or was it what you normally would be doing in host coaching?
It's not fair to let one host be the tumbling block of your business. BUT, if your heart tug isn't with PC anymore it is ok to phase out of your business.

I would send her a nice letter back THANKING her for her honesty and for being the turning point in your business (either turning it around and working it again or turning it out to pasture)

Take a hot bath, relax and make a list of pros and cons about what you do or don't like about PC let your heart be your guide.

The thing is that she really hit the nail on the head-she asked for more invitations for her friends at work and I didn't get them to her. She asked what her responsibility was for the refreshments, and I had planned to talk to her tonight to go over that as she is diabetic and I was looking into the best recipe for her show, BUT I had not conveyed that to her, so she had no idea what I was thinking.
I agree that it is not a good idea to let one host cause me to leave my business, but I also agree that I need to re-evaluate pretty quickly why I do what I do and do I want to continue at the level I am or just get back to being a consultant. Thing is, I was a very successful consultant, and that led to Director and after almost 3 years, I'm not sure that is what I want!
I have never been a strong recruiter and it seems like all I ever worry about is keeping the 5 I have or getting just "one or two more" to make it that month. I then feel like I am not doing these new folks any justice as they feel like just a number to me.
I am leaning toward leaving the director job behind, but will think it through prayerfully. My DH is SO supportive that he said to do "whatever makes me happy" and right now, I agree! I LOVE the idea of a bubble bath! Gonna do that as soon as it gets dark and I can light the candles all around!I will keep you all posted as to my decision. I probably need to talk to the 2 really great consultants on my current team and see how they would feel if I wasn't their director anymore............Thanks for all of the good advice!

good luck meg!

First call this host and thank her very much for her letter! Tell her exactly what you have told us. Apologize for not being there for her and make no excuses ie. " I was going to call you tonight"
You BOTH will feel much better for it.
Lorna

{{HUGS}} Meg, everything will work out fine and you will follow whichever path is right for you! Good Luck Meg....Keep your chin up :)

I agree with Lorna May - keep your plan for calling her tonight and tell her you were doing the research on the diabetic thing.

I would love to hear what you come up with, by the way. I have a "diabetic host" show coming up in October. I know I can do apps or main dish, but a stellar diabetic dessert would be just the ticket.

And on another note, I am a future director by accident. I am doing PC because I love most of the products, I love to cook, and I love to meet people. I am not into multi-level marketing, at all.

I agree that I would call the host to thank her for her honesty. I'd ask her, though, if she would give you another chance to make it right. If she did, I would work hard to make it great!

You have to decide what is best for you, but it almost sounds like from your posts that maybe directorship isn't all it's cracked up to be for you. If you'll be a happier consultant than you would a director, maybe that's where you should be. I know that personally I want to become a director...but then I realize that I'm purposely not asking anyone at shows if they want info. Sometimes I wonder if it's really what I want. So you're not alone in that feeling!

Good luck with your decisions!

chefmeg said:
The thing is that she really hit the nail on the head-she asked for more invitations for her friends at work and I didn't get them to her. She asked what her responsibility was for the refreshments, and I had planned to talk to her tonight to go over that as she is diabetic and I was looking into the best recipe for her show, BUT I had not conveyed that to her, so she had no idea what I was thinking.
I agree that it is not a good idea to let one host cause me to leave my business, but I also agree that I need to re-evaluate pretty quickly why I do what I do and do I want to continue at the level I am or just get back to being a consultant. Thing is, I was a very successful consultant, and that led to Director and after almost 3 years, I'm not sure that is what I want!
I have never been a strong recruiter and it seems like all I ever worry about is keeping the 5 I have or getting just "one or two more" to make it that month. I then feel like I am not doing these new folks any justice as they feel like just a number to me.
I am leaning toward leaving the director job behind, but will think it through prayerfully. My DH is SO supportive that he said to do "whatever makes me happy" and right now, I agree! I LOVE the idea of a bubble bath! Gonna do that as soon as it gets dark and I can light the candles all around!I will keep you all posted as to my decision. I probably need to talk to the 2 really great consultants on my current team and see how they would feel if I wasn't their director anymore............Thanks for all of the good advice!

Meg, you have to decide what is best for you! I can understand that you would want to ask your 2 really great consultants what they would think if you weren't thier director, but would their answers change your mind if you decide that you don't want to be a director?? I don't mean to come across as nasty, but you have to do what is right for you.

Good luck...this will be a tough decision for you to make. ((( hugs )))

Meg, enjoy your bubble bath. Be happy you have a supportive husband and think and pray about it. It will come to you what you will need to do. I know hugs are nice and I am sure if your husband is supportive he will give you a hug that will help.

Take a breath and then give your host a call and chat with her. The rest will be what it is as it works out.

Good luck

here is the first one.

What is "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!"?

"I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that contains delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for meals, snacks, and desserts.

Who is the author of "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!"?

The author of "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" is a Pampered Chef consultant who has years of experience in the kitchen and a passion for cooking and sharing delicious recipes.

What types of recipes are included in "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!"?

"I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" features a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. There are also options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets.

Are there any tips or tricks included in "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!"?

Yes, in addition to the recipes, "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" also includes helpful tips and tricks for cooking and meal preparation. These tips can help make the cooking process easier and more efficient.

Can I purchase "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" online?

Yes, "I Dropped the Ball and She Called Me on It-Vent Warning!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase it through a Pampered Chef consultant at a cooking show or party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • PChefPEI