• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Changed My Wording and Wow! What a Difference.........

Basically I just said what is on the flyer that I picked up at the booth at conference. I told them about our trivet and that when it was purchased $2 went to Feeding America. I also told them they could round their order up as much as the liked and the difference went to the Feeding America foodbank associated with the hosts zip code, so the money was going to be used closer to home. I made sure to tell them that there may not be a Feeding America Food back in their city/town but that their would be one in the region. (For us the closest may be Philadelphia but that is less than an hour away)
pcsharon1
Gold Member
I was so excited to get the charitable giving breakfast invitation at conference for have $150 donations for Round Up and Help Whip Cancer combined - I didn't think I had earned that and must have made it by a few dollars. I decided that one of my goals for the next year was to increase my charitable giving donations and have at least $150 donations in each.

So tonight was my first show since conference and when I talked about Second Harvest and the Round Up campaign I gave a few facts that I had learned at conferece about just how much food could be purchased with each dollar donated, etc. and told them all that I would be asking them at the end of the show to round up when I totalled their orders. In the past I simply told everyone that I would automatically round up their order unless they asked me not to and if they wanted to donate more to let me know. No one ever said anything about adding more and rarely did anyone ever ask me not to round their order up.

Well, tonight as I was totalling orders I said "your total is ........... Would you like to round your order up to benefit Feeding America? How much would you like to round up to?"

The results are fantastic. I have close to $50 in donations from this one show. one person rounded her order up nearly $30 and 2-3 others rounded up about $5 each. Only one person chose not to round their order.

I am so excited with these results and just thought I would share. If you are like me and had been rounding orders automatically, try the change. Clearly not every show is going to have results like this, but if only one show from each consultant has that big of a difference imagine what we can do for Feeding America.

Great job Sharon! I too, have been making the local food bank a priority this year. With my state #2 in unemployment, and my own county at about 18% unemployed we have a great need for food. I've started adding two cans of food on my invitations that I send out for my host. I hope to help a lot this summer.

WOW sharon that is wonderful! I will definitely do that at my next show, thank you for the tip and congrats!!

Julie, I love that idea!

How do you add in the extra on P3? When I click the Round Up box it just goes to the next dollar. I would love to do what you are doing, I just don't know how.

Crystal Patton said:
How do you add in the extra on P3? When I click the Round Up box it just goes to the next dollar. I would love to do what you are doing, I just don't know how.

Just type in the amount you want to donate in the dontation box. Don't click the option - that just rounds to the nearest dollar.

chefcharity said:
Just type in the amount you want to donate in the dontation box. Don't click the option - that just rounds to the nearest dollar.

OH!!! Thank you!!!

Sharon,

That is wonderful! After NC, I decided I wanted to make RUFTH a priority. Any chance you want to share your statistics? I would love to make a dent and be sure hunger is drastically reduced!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Sharon,

That is wonderful! After NC, I decided I wanted to make RUFTH a priority. Any chance you want to share your statistics? I would love to make a dent and be sure hunger is drastically reduced!

Basically I just said what is on the flyer that I picked up at the booth at conference.

I told them about our trivet and that when it was purchased $2 went to Feeding America.

I also told them they could round their order up as much as the liked and the difference went to the Feeding America foodbank associated with the hosts zip code, so the money was going to be used closer to home. I made sure to tell them that there may not be a Feeding America Food back in their city/town but that their would be one in the region. (For us the closest may be Philadelphia but that is less than an hour away)

I then said "You may not know how much of a difference even a small donation can make. I didn't. So let me tell you. With a donation of just $2, a parent can feed their child lunch for 2 weeks. With just $2 the food bank can provide dinner to someone for 2 weeks. Just $1 will provide 10lbs. of food."

Then I just asked. It was really simple. And I plan to keep doing it that way from now on.

I started really emphasizing how much food they were helping purchase. For example, if they were rounding up 70 cents, I tell them that will buy 7 lbs. of food. It is definitely encouraging people to donate beyond the Round-up amount.

As a first timer this year, I didn't know to go to all the different booths. Would it be possible to post a copy of the flyer?

TIA

I'm with Sarah - never even saw a booth for RUFTH. I think as a first time newbie I was a bit overwhelmed with trying to 'get it all in'. Any info you would have from the booth, if you would be willing to share, those of us that missed it would greatly appreciate it. If nothing else, even just for my own knowledge.

That is awesome, Sharon! I was excited to earn that too! It's the first time in a long time that I have. I thought those words were great! Can't wait to use them!

I didn't realize those facts! I never took the time to read the brochure. For those like me who didn't, it is on CC under the "Promoting your business" tab. Just click on the charitable giving/ Round-up links. I'm going to print the 2009 Trivet Fact sheet off and take it with as part of my wrap up.Thanks for sharing your tips!

pampchefsarah said:
As a first timer this year, I didn't know to go to all the different booths. Would it be possible to post a copy of the flyer?

TIA

It's on CC I think. I just posted where in my post above.
But I'm feeling really helpful tonight, so I just added it to my post below . :D

Attachments

• rufth_factsheet.pdf
    185.5 KB · Views: 342
Thank you!!!

This was my first year at conference, I knew nothing about this Charitable giver breakfast, the gift, the lanyard, etc. etc.... Then Jean (or Marla) talked about how much we've raised so far this year, and how we're on track to be consistent again this year for our donation. So... with all that, I also changed my wording at my show yesterday, to "What would you like to round your order up to?", and already have $37.50 in round up donations from one show.

Wahoo!!!!

What is the importance of changing wording in sales pitches?

Changing wording in sales pitches can make a huge difference in how your products are perceived by potential customers. It can help to grab their attention, create a sense of urgency, and ultimately lead to more sales.

How can I effectively change my wording in sales pitches?

There are many techniques you can use to change your wording in sales pitches, such as using power words, creating a sense of exclusivity, and focusing on the benefits rather than the features of your products.

What are some examples of powerful words to use in sales pitches?

Examples of powerful words to use in sales pitches include "exclusive," "limited time offer," "guaranteed," "proven," and "results." These words can help to create a sense of urgency and trust in potential customers.

How can changing my wording help to overcome objections from potential customers?

By carefully choosing your words, you can address potential objections from customers before they even have a chance to voice them. For example, using words like "risk-free" or "no obligation" can help to alleviate concerns about trying a new product.

Can changing my wording in sales pitches benefit my business in the long run?

Absolutely! By continuously refining and improving your sales pitches through changing your wording, you can build a strong and effective sales strategy that will lead to increased sales and customer satisfaction in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MomToEli
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • SheenaGonzales
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl