• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

See How Changing My Wording Dramatically Increased Donations for RUFTH!

In summary, Carol changed her wording to "would you like to round up your order?" and it seems to be working well. Most customers want to round up.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I always promote RUFTH and ask people if they would like to round up their orders. Well, lately, I have changed my wording slightly and I can’t believe the difference! I used to say “would you like to round up your order to the next dollar?” Now, I say “would you like to round up your order?”

Why I never did that before, I don’t know….duh moment, I guess! LOL People are rounding up their order by $2, $5 and even $10!!! I can’t believe it!

Just thought I would share. It’s all about the language! :)

It's funny you bring this up. I had a customer just yesterday who placed a 85.00 order but gave me 90.00 and said round it up. When I enter in PP3 and hit round up it only goes to the nearest dollar. Where would I enter the difference?

merci, marie-france! what a great idea!

carol, what i do instead of checking the round up box is just enter the $ in the donation box (under all the subtotals, discounts, etc).

I changed my wording about a year ago. I tell everyone at the show about the RUFTH program and giving back to others in our community who are less fortunate then us. I tell them that I will automatically round up unless they cross off the box. 99.9% of the people do not cross off the box.

susanr613 said:
merci, marie-france! what a great idea!

carol, what i do instead of checking the round up box is just enter the $ in the donation box (under all the subtotals, discounts, etc).

Cool thank you!

PChefPEI said:
I always promote RUFTH and ask people if they would like to round up their orders. Well, lately, I have changed my wording slightly and I can’t believe the difference! I used to say “would you like to round up your order to the next dollar?” Now, I say “would you like to round up your order?”

Why I never did that before, I don’t know….duh moment, I guess! LOL People are rounding up their order by $2, $5 and even $10!!! I can’t believe it!

Just thought I would share. It’s all about the language! :)

So, if after you ask, "Would you like to round up your order?", and somebody says, "Sure", how do you proceed? Do you ask them how much?

In my demo I talk about RUFTH and tell them that unless they put a line through the box, I will assume that they would like to participate. I also tell them that if they would like to round up MORE than just their change just to notate in the box how much they would like to give.

That way I don't have ANOTHER question to ask them at checkout time...

Marie that is a super way of looking at it!

pkd09 said:
I changed my wording about a year ago. I tell everyone at the show about the RUFTH program and giving back to others in our community who are less fortunate then us. I tell them that I will automatically round up unless they cross off the box. 99.9% of the people do not cross off the box.

This is exactly what I do. It works everytime......................:balloon:

Wow--that's a great idea--I always ask if they want to round up and MOST people say yes, but it would be easier to have them cross it out if they don't. Thanks

Bren706 said:
So, if after you ask, "Would you like to round up your order?", and somebody says, "Sure", how do you proceed? Do you ask them how much?

Yep! I even have had people ask ME how much! So, I say, "20 bucks!"....hehe, just kidding. I just tell them, "whatever you like" and ten chances to one, they round up more then the dollar.

Thanks for sharing, I will do this!

I always suggest they round up more and many do. It's part of my "don't forget the guest special, here's the three ways you can pay, and this is our Round Up program" schpeil. :)

Wow-I never thought of that before...geewhiz! That sounds so simple-thank you for sharing!

Humble Beginnings said:
It's funny you bring this up. I had a customer just yesterday who placed a 85.00 order but gave me 90.00 and said round it up. When I enter in PP3 and hit round up it only goes to the nearest dollar. Where would I enter the difference?

Just type the amount in the box.

That's great that you had you're ah ha moment! I love it when those happen! Thank you for sharing that with everyone here as well! DOn't you just love this site? :D

It really does work and I've even been tying in the florida fires that we had here, those people that were affected never thought they would have to go to a food bank but they did. We need to replenish that supply now.

Yep, love those "ah ha" moments! Wish I would get them more often!! LOL

Kristi, sounds like you may have an opportunity for a food bank fundraiser! An online one maybe?? Just a thought.

1. How did changing your wording increase donations for RUFTH?

By using more positive and impactful language in our fundraising appeals, we were able to connect with donors on a deeper emotional level and inspire them to take action. This resulted in a significant increase in donations for RUFTH.

2. Can you provide an example of the wording changes you made?

Instead of simply asking for donations, we framed our request as an opportunity for donors to make a meaningful impact and change lives. For instance, we replaced "Please consider donating to RUFTH" with "You can make a difference in the lives of those in need by supporting RUFTH."

3. Did you see an immediate difference after implementing these wording changes?

Yes, we noticed a significant increase in donations immediately after changing our wording in fundraising appeals. Donors responded positively to our more compelling and emotionally resonant language.

4. How did you come up with the new wording for your appeals?

We conducted research and surveys to better understand what motivates donors to give. We also consulted with language experts and tested different versions of our appeals to see which resonated the most with potential donors.

5. Are there any other strategies that Pampered Chef uses to increase donations for RUFTH?

In addition to changing our wording, we also use visual aids such as photos and videos to show donors the impact of their contributions. We also offer incentives and rewards for donations, such as exclusive recipes or discounts on Pampered Chef products, to encourage more giving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nene960
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • SheenaGonzales