• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am the Flakiest Pampered Chef Lady Ever

In summary, the person was running late for their show and had to go to Walmart for pizza crust and then rush to the show. They arrived an hour early and the host was running late, so the guest had to help set up. The show started at 11:00, not 10:30.
Sooner PC
OK - I had a show on Saturday in a town about an hours drive away. I usually don't go that far - but this group has been really great to work with. So- I have procrastinated and decided I would get everything together on Sat morning instead of getting my tools together on Friday night. I am running around like a mad man. I even left picking up the ingredients until Sat morning. CAN YOU BELIEVE that the store was out of canned pizza crust?? ANYWAY - I get everything packed and head out. I figure I will get there at 12:30 sharp - the show will start at 1:00.

I pull out of my drive way and realize I also need gas. After stopping - I am back on the road. I still have to stop at Walmart for pizza crust - but I decide to wait until I get to the host town. I get there - literally RUN across the store to get the crust - and dash back to my car. I am still making good time, so I'm not too paniced until I get to the road to her house - it is under construction. Oh well - at least I will have an excuse for being a little late.

I get to her house around 12:40 and go to the door. There isn't an answer, so I ring again. My mind is racing - I couldn't be here on the wrong day - I scheduled her for Saturday - not Sunday. Well after the 2nd ring - she ask who is it from behind a closed door. I am thinking - it is a Sunday show. I will have to come back tomorrow. So she opens the door - and tells me make myself at home - she is running behind and just got out of the shower. I tell her that I know how she feels. She give me a strange look and I know right then and there - something is wrong. I said, "We are scheduled for 1:00 - right???" NO - the show was scheduled at 2:00 - so I am there an hour early!!!! I felt like a complete idiot but the host just laughed. Needless to say - I was completely ready when the guest arrived and I left her house with over $800 in orders. That should teach me not to wait until the last minute ever again.

If it is any consolation I have done the same thing.. showed up an hour early. Oh well, better than an hour late!

Hey, an hour early is better than an hour late! Every time I think, "Oh, I'll take care of that the day of the show," something happens. I've learned my lesson. I may procrastinate on other things, but my show prep is done the night before. Period. I just can't take the stress of, well, I guess you already know.

Being an hour early is DEFINITELY better than being an hour late! Believe me, I know b/c I did it on Saturday night!! :eek: Oh well, I just hung up the phone with my host and she is so sweet! She said she was completely stressing but it turned out fine! :eek: I told her that I would give her an $10 product free and she told me no, not to worry about it and I told her that it wasn't up for debate.

That teaches me to make sure I look at my calendar EVERY DAY!!!!:rolleyes: ;)

That's so funny! I had something similar happen Sat! Actually, I did have the ing., but waited until Sat. morning to pack my kit. Then, as I was packing up, I realized some of my ingredients were missing - I wasn't home the night before, and my husband and son decided to have scrambled eggs w/ ham & cheese for supper....my husband NEVER cooks when I'm gone, so I hadn't even thought to tell him not to touch the stuff! So, I figure I can stop at the Grocery on the way to her house, I'd be running a little late - but oh well! I ended up getting to her house at 10:15, thought the show would start at 10:30....I'm apologizing up and down to the host, and she says "well you have 45 minutes - could we get everything set up if I help you?" The show started at 11:00 - not 10:30!!! Big relief on my part.....sometimes it pays to be a bit flaky.;)

Ha ha!! That was such a great story! It made me laugh! You sound like me!!! I am always running late!!! No matter what, I think I always leave about 15 minutes later for a show than I plan. Luckily, I usually make it my goal to get there an hour early, so I usually have enough time to set up.

Listen to this story!! Ok, I had a girl call me out of the blue and want to schedule a show. I have no idea who she is, I've never met her. Her name is Mandy (I'm telling you this so you don't get confused with another girl I'm going to tell you about). Ok, I run out of catalogs, so I had to wait to send her the hostess packet. I don't get her guest list until Thursday, just a little over a week before her show (which will be on the following Sunday). Well, I had a Trunk or Treat I was getting ready for on Friday, and had no time to even look at it. I was gone almost the whole weekend, so I sent the invites with my husband Monday morning (now, 6 days before her show) to take to the post office. She calls me Monday night to tell me know one has gotten their invites. I told her I just got them out and she was a little mad and said she may have to reschedule :eek: So anyway, I also have a party the Thursday after her party, so I decided to just use the same invite for Mandy's and just change the name and date and time. Well, guess what! I changed everything except the day!! I left it Sunday instead of making it Thursday! So Debbie, the host calls to tell me. I had to call all the guests and tell them the correct date!! So then Sunday gets here (yesterday) and I'm on my way to Mandy's house. I get there and I knock and knock and no one answers and there are no cars around. I pull out my phone and call her and she answers!! I tell her I'm at her house because the mailbox says 6500 on it which is her address. Then I look again, and I am at 6550!!!! She laughed, but I know she must think I am a total idiot for sending out the invites late and then showing up at the wrong house!! Good thing she didn't know what I did to Debbie's invites!! I've never messed up so bad before, but I have been so busy lately I don't know which end is up. Anyway, when I left she was at $606 and two bookings. She said she is going to try to get up to $1000 :D

:) Those stories are hilarious!

What's even funnier is that we all posted them at 11:57!!:D Great flaky minds think alike!:eek: :rolleyes:

Here's another good one...I had a show about an hour away...on a rainy night. I get about 45 minutes into the drive when I realize I LEFT MY TTA at home with ALL my tools in it!!! I turn around to go home to get it - calling the hostess along the way to let her know I am going to be late. I finally get there -- get the show going...her 3yo granddaughter is all in my stuff - grabbing tools, etc making me nuts. Then her son comes in...drunk off his butt stumbling...she gets the two of them out of the way...then thunder & lightning...power goes out (food in oven)...on & off with the power for a good 10 minutes...thankfully the food turned out ok...but man what a night!

I always say I am going to be at a show an hour ahead of time so that I have time to set up, chat with the hostess and stuff like that. Well it's a good thing that I do this because on the way to a show Friday night I got lost! (a few blocks from her house lol). She called my house looking for me then I called her and she had to come get me since I couldn't find her house in a rural area. LOL. She was really nice about it. She had a decent turnout (like 8 or nine people) but less than half placed an order! (grr) Hopefully her show will break $300 so she can get a half-price item.

I did a show once for a friend, who luckily lived a mile or two from my house. First I forgot my TTA, so I went back after unloading my car. My husband was giggling at me. Then I get back to her house and realize I don't have my flip chart. I decide not to worry about it until I realize I don't have the large round stone on which to cook the recipe. I go home, again, and hubby is having a great gut laugh about it by now. I finally get back to her house and get set up just as people are coming in the door! Whew! I learned to make a check list using little boxes as bullets so I can actively check things off!!!

Okay, I think I win. I lost my keys after arriving at one of my first shows. I had parked behind the host and assumed the keys went behind the refrigerator near the counter where my stuff was. The host's husband drove around my car into their yard so he could drive me to my in-laws where my husband was to celebrate their 40th anniversary. He didn't have keys for my car so we were going to have to drive home (25 minutes), to the host house to get the car (35 minutes) and back to my in-laws (20 min).

I was so frustrated and had looked everywhere for the keys. Well my husband is walking to the car to drive me home to get the keys and I ask him to look for them. He reluctantly looked through my new computer bag and the FIRST place he looks is my keys. Oh, I felt so dumb but was so glad that I wasn't driving all night to recover my car.

I feel MUCH better now. It is so good to know that others have had simular experiences.

My Sunday host (11-5) wants to reschedule. I have football (Saturday) and basketball (Sunday) tickets so we have scheduled it for Friday night. Her last show was $1000. I am hoping for another great show!

OK I forgot I have one more. I did a show about 1 1/2 hours from me, about 45 minutes into the drive I stopped to get gas. Started the car and BOOM! The battery in my car blew up! Called my DH who wasn't really sure what to tell me since I needed to be at my show in 45 minutes and he was that far away. Called AAA and my host, of course my cell phone died, and I can't charge it since I have no battery in my car. The host has people arriving and is expecting 18. So she sent her son to wait with my car for AAA and her husband to pick me up, had the car towed home .... The show went well, but my mom ended up having to drive all the way out there to pick me up when I was done, 3 hours round trip.

this wasn't me but one of the girls in my cluster...she's getting set up for her show and looks for her PC bag with her catalogues etc. Only then (at the show) does she realise she doesn't have it. Turns out her daughter who helped her pack her car took the PC bag out without realising what was in it. So, she had the three catalogues she'd given the host as part of her host pack and three order forms...and that was it!

Everyone had a good laugh but I'd be stressed out soooo much. Most of my parties are down in one area 40 minutes from me and I always remind myself I have a recruit down there so if I've forgotten something I will get it from her...haven't had to do it yet but I'm sure one day I will!

I think someone should compile all these stories into a PC book!

My story isn't NEARLY as funny as some of yours, but I drove about an hour and a half with traffic from the Chicago 'burbs down to Joliet only to cut myself twice and realize that my daughter hadn't packed my round stone. I ended up changing the shape of the bread and then we didn't even use it due to an issue with the host's oven (thankfully I brought a second recipe with me). Only 2 guests bought anything, but she had some outside orders so the show ended up at over $400 and I got a recruit and gave my recruit all 5 bookings and 1 more potential recruit from that show (most of them are her sisters, big family).

Rebeccascabinet said:
I think someone should compile all these stories into a PC book!
Oooohhhh...a horror story!! :D I am sure it would give Stephen King a run for his money!

ShanaSmith said:
OK I forgot I have one more. I did a show about 1 1/2 hours from me, about 45 minutes into the drive I stopped to get gas. Started the car and BOOM! The battery in my car blew up! Called my DH who wasn't really sure what to tell me since I needed to be at my show in 45 minutes and he was that far away. Called AAA and my host, of course my cell phone died, and I can't charge it since I have no battery in my car. The host has people arriving and is expecting 18. So she sent her son to wait with my car for AAA and her husband to pick me up, had the car towed home .... The show went well, but my mom ended up having to drive all the way out there to pick me up when I was done, 3 hours round trip.
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!! At least the show went well... :rolleyes:

Hmmm...I had a show that my director gave me and I wrote it down on Sunday at 2. Well all day Saturday and Sunday, I was thinking 4, so my director calls me at 1 and she was like, "Aren't you on your way?" and I'm like, "WHAT?!" WHAT a fool! I always pack last minute and I thought I was so on top of the game that day. I felt like such a jerk when I walked in right at 2. It turned out okay, but none of my bookings from it panned out. I felt terrible that I let my director down and I'm sure the host was like, "don't book a show with that flake!"

I also was driving to a show that was an hour away, and (for once), Bryan helped me carry my goods out. I drive a little Ford Ranger. The products go in a lidded bin in the bed and then everything else fits in the cab with me. I realize halfway there that I don't have my tool turnabout tote. I FREAK OUT, call my director, and she tells me I HAVE to go back. I refuse and tell her I'm doing it with the host's tools and telling everyone how crappy they are. Then I call Bryan and he tells me that they're in the toolbox in my truck! All that worrying for nothing! I should've called him first!

I could give y'all several more examples, but I don't want you to think I'm a total moron!

I'm the flakiest....Well, I was doing my first show and I was really nervous. The hostess was a girl I work with and thank goodness knows me pretty well. I was in the middle of making my recipe and was walking around showing all the guests how well the food chopper works. The hostess had wood floors and an area rug in the middle of her living room...do you know where this is going...I stepped on the area rug, it moves and down I go.. Yep, fell in front of everyone. Nuts went flying all over the guests! Everyone started laughing and my hostess says, "I guess I shouldn't have pledged my floors"!! Needless to say my ego was diminished but I head into all my shows with, what could be worse than that? :eek:

Sat show...
Sooner PC said:
OK - I had a show on Saturday in a town about an hours drive away. I usually don't go that far - but this group has been really great to work with. So- I have procrastinated and decided I would get everything together on Sat morning instead of getting my tools together on Friday night. I am running around like a mad man. I even left picking up the ingredients until Sat morning. CAN YOU BELIEVE that the store was out of canned pizza crust?? ANYWAY - I get everything packed and head out. I figure I will get there at 12:30 sharp - the show will start at 1:00.

I pull out of my drive way and realize I also need gas. After stopping - I am back on the road. I still have to stop at Walmart for pizza crust - but I decide to wait until I get to the host town. I get there - literally RUN across the store to get the crust - and dash back to my car. I am still making good time, so I'm not too paniced until I get to the road to her house - it is under construction. Oh well - at least I will have an excuse for being a little late.

I get to her house around 12:40 and go to the door. There isn't an answer, so I ring again. My mind is racing - I couldn't be here on the wrong day - I scheduled her for Saturday - not Sunday. Well after the 2nd ring - she ask who is it from behind a closed door. I am thinking - it is a Sunday show. I will have to come back tomorrow. So she opens the door - and tells me make myself at home - she is running behind and just got out of the shower. I tell her that I know how she feels. She give me a strange look and I know right then and there - something is wrong. I said, "We are scheduled for 1:00 - right???" NO - the show was scheduled at 2:00 - so I am there an hour early!!!! I felt like a complete idiot but the host just laughed. Needless to say - I was completely ready when the guest arrived and I left her house with over $800 in orders. That should teach me not to wait until the last minute ever again.

My show was scheduled for 6 p.m. and that very day she wanted it moved to 3 p.m. Mind you, my host doesn't have a phone, car or computer. THis was relayed from her sister, I had to pick up the sister in order to find the house, we got stopped by a train, and many other things too. Had to get gas, had to buy SKOR candy bars (luckily the Gas station had them, super expensive though--this show was more or less free show as the Hostess can't afford as she's not working and is interested in becoming a PC Consultant, I know not to pre judge, but no phone, no car and no computer??? I also don't know how to make the taxes any clearer. All they have to do is add and multiply by 8.25% our s/h is taxed too. I don't want to sound Mean, but many down here can't figure that out or don't know how to round either :( The sister I picked up hosted a show off her niece which was my first home show and was $ 700.00+; however the aunt/sister had a show and was really hard to get excited about as nobody usually comes (I forgot most of my tools and she had a houseful but hardly any paying guests) so then her sister booked off of her and only about 4 of the 6 guests showed and only 3 placed orders. These shows are a good 25-30 miles ea way, so it's pretty frustrating. I finally made it there by 4 p.m. but the show seemed to drag out and I thought I'd never get out!! :( I have 2 more which booked off the orig Aunt/sister and I"m much more hopeful for these two shows. I was having fun but after the discouraging shows with no orders it's really hard to stay pumped/excited. I really wanted the November challenge too.

I've been there and hope not to be again!!! anytime soon that is!!!

Liz

Ok I have 3 that come to mind. The first one, I had after work on a Thursday night and my work is around half way between my house and the church we are having the show at. Well, I pack up the night before and head off to work the next day. I go to the church and start unloading. Well, my TTA is at home all packed up and ready to go. I had to use the church tools and talked about the superior quality of our tools. I sold over 1100 so it went well.

I am thinking ok everyone has a time like this so now I have it out of my system. Wrong, my next show, I am driving along listening to Belinda Ellsworth about booking them all and getting my self psyched up when all of a sudden I notice a cop behind me and he turns on his lights. Well, I was really pumped up because he had clocked me doing 47 in a 30. Well the ticket was $120 so no profit on that show. Then I proceeded to sweat like I had run a marathon as my body decided to have a power surge during the show. All in all, it was good.

Ok so now my 2 times are up right? wrong. Saturday night, I am heading to my show and am running a little late as I just didn't feel well, I get half way there and realize that I have no door prize slips and decide no biggie but then realize I have no door prizes. I turn around and go back and so now I have about 5 minutes to set up. Oh well, she is at 500 in sales and still getting orders so it is all good. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who these things happen to.

Check ListIs there a check list out there somewhere or on PP of what to pack etc? I use the photo on the back of the catalog but I'm always worried I'll be forgetting something vital!

Melissa - if you don't have any door prizes, you can give away shipping. I usually do that anyway. It's one less thing for me to forget to take, and it has resulted in additional orders when someone who wasn't planning to place an order won it. :)

My DH laughs at me because for at least a year after I started, I would forget something for every show. I'd take off, and 10 minutes later, I'd be back at the house grabbing something.

One of those first shows, the host wanted the Chocolate Swirl Bread recipe that was developed for the (then brand-new) mini loaf pan. I got all the way to the house and realized that the pan was at home. Luckily, I had taken the Large Round stone with me to show a flat stone. We did the bread as a large ring instead of mini loaves.

Another show I forgot my TTA. I used the host's small tools. Luckily, she had most of them that I needed. I did feel weird talking about how other scrapers were no good as I used her dollar store scraper. :eek:

Usually when I forget a tool I make it the "Oops, I'm an Idiot" sale item - 10% off for attendees who order it.

I think that we all have a story that we can relate to... I have had shows where I have forgotten things. One show in particular got to be a running joke... I packed up everything the night before and thought I was good to go. I had to go straight from work to the show, so my car was already packed!! Well, when I got to the host's house, things were going fine. But, I would need something and it wouldn't be in the TTA. Duh! I forgot to unload the dishwasher the night before, so a lot of things that I needed were in the dishwasher!It got to be a running joke... whenever I would reach for something and not have it... Oh... it's in the dishwasher! Thankfully the guests thought it was funny and knew me from previous shows... but man, what a flake I was! :)

That's actually a great illustration of how easy our tools are to take care of - just pop them in the dishwasher!

Ann, That's a great idea - both for the free shipping and for the 10% off the forgotten item. After my show on Friday though, I still feel very flaky. I am praying that my show on Thursday is a huge success!!!

Good Idea
chefann said:
My DH laughs at me because for at least a year after I started, I would forget something for every show. I'd take off, and 10 minutes later, I'd be back at the house grabbing something.

One of those first shows, the host wanted the Chocolate Swirl Bread recipe that was developed for the (then brand-new) mini loaf pan. I got all the way to the house and realized that the pan was at home. Luckily, I had taken the Large Round stone with me to show a flat stone. We did the bread as a large ring instead of mini loaves.

Another show I forgot my TTA. I used the host's small tools. Luckily, she had most of them that I needed. I did feel weird talking about how other scrapers were no good as I used her dollar store scraper. :eek:

Usually when I forget a tool I make it the "Oops, I'm an Idiot" sale item - 10% off for attendees who order it.

A fellow consultant called me to do a show, that night. She was sick and couldn't do it. I had to change the recipe a bit because I'd never done a ring and the braids are much easier. Having only a few hours I was already nervous. Got everything packed and headed out. When I got there she says your daughter called; so I call her and she was concerned I left a tool. Im already feeling sheepish. Mind you Ive never met this woman before. Now Im starting the prep and realize I had none of my measuring tools. Luckily she was nice and offered hers. I used everything from glass measurers to plastic to tupperware. I'm sure it could have been worse.

I love when the hosts have the same tools as us! :)I also had a show where I forgot the measure all cup and wasn't about to turn around for just that. I had to stop by the store on the way to the show to pick up a forgotten ingredient for the host and decided to buy a cheap measuring cup. I laughed as I used it. The crowd laughed too. But, it happens to all of us. Nothing like using a lesser brand! :)Even when I make a list, I forget something. lol.

I had a show where it was an hour and a half drive, and I was bringing the ingredients. I am in the middle of nowhere and I realize I FORGOT the Apples in the Apple Crisp recipe. I was too embarrassed to say anything to the host so I drove around and found the nearest store and picked some up. I figure, who just happens to have 8 apples, anyway? I arrived about 10 mimutes before the show and most of the people where already there, which I have NEVER seen that before. So I just throw all my stuff on the table and tried to look like I wasn't a raving madwoman. The show was about $250. She had 10 people show up. Five were friends who didn't cook, three were old ladies who "didn't need anything", and one foreign lady (who I know she really didn't realize how rude she was being) told me she liked "Bed Bath and Beyond products better". It was the first show where I was GLAD I didn't get any bookings!

had I thought to give them the 10% for measuring devises or free shipping the show may have been better. The host, I believe, was just doing it for a friend; who got sick. she had 3 guestsand had to call them 15 min after the show started, and didnt try to get outside orders or anything. It took everything I had to meet the $150 mark and we, I , was stretching for $300.

Chef Diane said:
A fellow consultant called me to do a show, that night. She was sick and couldn't do it. I had to change the recipe a bit because I'd never done a ring and the braids are much easier. Having only a few hours I was already nervous. Got everything packed and headed out. When I got there she says your daughter called; so I call her and she was concerned I left a tool. Im already feeling sheepish. Mind you Ive never met this woman before. Now Im starting the prep and realize I had none of my measuring tools. Luckily she was nice and offered hers. I used everything from glass measurers to plastic to tupperware. I'm sure it could have been worse.

I got the book to look idea from here that week so thought Id try it. Well it was about easter time so I decided to put my book to look ideas in plastic eggs. not having any I decided to stop at the store on my way. Wouldnt you know it they didnt sell the eggs. So of course I had to ask host if she had any. I felt so back, she said sure in the garage somewhere, let me look for them. I insisted she not go through the trouble, but viola she came back with eggs lol Its pretty sad almost all my flaky moments happened at the same show lol

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • michellebakes2