• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting My Frustration Over Missing My Panorama Points!

In summary, the panorama points that were supposed to be redeemed were taken away, and the person feels terrible because they missed out on a cookware set.
jcwarr
i do pc on a very part time basis - so my memory for dates and things is foggy - and i just realized i forfeited my panorama points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so upset and mad at myself!!!!!! :cry: just had to vent and cry!!!!!

OH... that is so sad... I'm sorry... I know nothing I can say will help but I am sad with you.

Oh, that Stinks!!

Have you tried to redeem them anyway? Give it a shot, it just might work. Let us know!

they removed the link on cc to redeem points already!!

jcwarr said:
i do pc on a very part time basis - so my memory for dates and things is foggy - and i just realized i forfeited my panorama points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so upset and mad at myself!!!!!! :cry: just had to vent and cry!!!!!

I was upset when I had to let 81 hard earned points go because after I ordered my one item, I had 81 left over... I can't imagine how you feel. I feel terrible for you! I'm so sorry!!!

I did the same thing!!! This morning I thought OMG, go do it now before they remove the link and it was gone!!

Oh, that's horrible!

My director sent out an email TODAY telling her cluster they had to redeem those points by yesterday. I've vented about my director before....she is sweet, but clueless sometimes.

Kitchen Diva said:
I was upset when I had to let 81 hard earned points go because after I ordered my one item, I had 81 left over... I can't imagine how you feel. I feel terrible for you! I'm so sorry!!!

You couldn't order anything for the 81 points......

Yes, I had 187 points left over and there was there was nothing for that amount so with 81 points you didn't lose out on any cookware.

Sorry to hear that they had taken the link off.

PC Nut said:
You couldn't order anything for the 81 points......
Nope... I think the smallest point value was 200 points to get something, and I was way shy! I did get the stir fry skillet, but my remaining 81 points had to be forefited. I would have gladly taken PC dollars! :)

I JUST remembered mine about an hour ago!! I was going to get a saute' pan and use it as an incentive for catalog shows during my maternity leave! UHH!!! I don't know why I waited until the last minute I NEVER wait to the last minute for ANYTHING!!!

I'm so sorry. If I were there with you, I'd put my arms around you and let you have a good cry.

One of my consultants is going to kill me because she doesn't have a computer and I told her back in November that she had enough points for a whole cookware set. I tried reaching her to get her to redeem them and couldn't get a hold of her thern I FORGOT. Grrrrr :(

well I guess one of looking at that, is the girl will never know she had enough points since she doesn't have a computer.....While it's nice to remind your people, ultimately, it is there responsibility to keep track and redeem when necessary.

ChefLoriG said:
well I guess one of looking at that, is the girl will never know she had enough points since she doesn't have a computer.....While it's nice to remind your people, ultimately, it is there responsibility to keep track and redeem when necessary.
I just got a call from her and she is just furious, she says "they" should have reminded her. That she is no longer going to sell PC because of this because she is very disappointed. I reminded her that I called her several times (about something else) and she didn't return my call, that I would have then remembered to get her points redeemed. She says she has one more order to submit but that will be the last. She told me she got a computer too and has an e-mail address which she forgot to give me or the HO. The HO told her they send out e-mail reminders. Oh well. I plan to talk to her again once she has calmed down. I plan to tell her how I missed TPC last year because of being under $2000 in sales short even after having recruited the 15 consultants. How I missed my Directors box one time for being a day late and a few other disappointments because I wasn't responsible to keep track of those things. Still a tough pill to swallow. :yuck:

If she is going to quit - she was probably planning on anyhow regardless of this panoramo points situation. Sorry you get the brunt of it - but hey even teachers in elementary school don't hold the hands of their students for every little thing or the students would never learn responsibility for their own actions. Since we are in business for ourselves - it's ultimately up to ourself. Just my thought!

I had a consultant go inactive this fall... she had taken a leave of absence and thought she had 2 months after the 3 on her leave to reactivate. She only had one month because she didn't do the $200 the month before her leave started. She was $13k in career sales. She DEMANDED that I do something. As a Director, I should have the "power" to override the mistake and give her her career sales back. (FYI before it gets asked... you can't pay the $25 for a retroactive waiver if you've taken a leave of absence in the last 12 months.) When I told her I couldn't do anything, she wanted our NED to take care of it. Well of course that didn't happen... we all explained that policy is policy. She told me she is moving on to a "better company with a higher commission rate" but would do the shows she had scheduled and any ones she booked. So far she's been active since this debacle. Not sure what will happen in the new year with her. This all came down October 1st.You did the best you could... you contacted her and so did HO. It's not your fault and you know that. I think it's ironic how quickly consultants threaten to quit when they feel that they've been wronged when they were the ones who didn't keep up with what they needed to in the first place. I know with my consultant, if this were a corporate job, she wouldn't have made a peep. Not sure what the difference here is though. In any case, the Pan-O-Rama policies were posted online for months. It's her responsibility to be up on them. It's nice to get a reminder, but ultimately, we are all responsible for our own businesses.Hopefully she'll simmer down and decide to stay. Keep your chin up!

Why is it always someone else's fault? Sheesh!

Oh noI forgot to redeem mine - the last couple weeks have been so crazy andI was making up my mind what I wanted- I just lost over 2000! Ugh!

Addie4TLC, that's rough! I hope she calms down.

I have a consultant without a PC or land line. Only a cell phone that she doesn't want to be called on, since she uses the few cell minutes for emergencies with her unreliable car. She has a hotmail addy, but doesn't get to a computer very often, and lives across town, far enough where I wouldn't just "drop by".

I understand your frustrations! Your plan of telling her that she's not the only one this stuff happens to, is a good one.

I sent an e-mail out to my team on the 29th and 30th letting them know who had points left to redeem (4 of them had between 350 and 1200 points left). Only 2 of the 4 read the e-mail and redeemed their points. One of the ones who didn't had the 1200+ points. I know she's going to kick herself when she realizes it, but with this busy time of year the e-mail was all I could find time to send. I thought about calling, but never got to it. On one hand I feel guilty, but on the other hand I hear what you are all saying about me not holding their hands over things like this. HO sent out a reminder long before mine. They need to be responsible and read these e-mails! (or pay the consequences when they miss out)

finley1991 said:
I had a consultant go inactive this fall... she had taken a leave of absence and thought she had 2 months after the 3 on her leave to reactivate. She only had one month because she didn't do the $200 the month before her leave started. She was $13k in career sales. She DEMANDED that I do something. As a Director, I should have the "power" to override the mistake and give her her career sales back. (FYI before it gets asked... you can't pay the $25 for a retroactive waiver if you've taken a leave of absence in the last 12 months.) When I told her I couldn't do anything, she wanted our NED to take care of it. Well of course that didn't happen... we all explained that policy is policy. She told me she is moving on to a "better company with a higher commission rate" but would do the shows she had scheduled and any ones she booked. So far she's been active since this debacle. Not sure what will happen in the new year with her. This all came down October 1st.

You did the best you could... you contacted her and so did HO. It's not your fault and you know that. I think it's ironic how quickly consultants threaten to quit when they feel that they've been wronged when they were the ones who didn't keep up with what they needed to in the first place. I know with my consultant, if this were a corporate job, she wouldn't have made a peep. Not sure what the difference here is though.

In any case, the Pan-O-Rama policies were posted online for months. It's her responsibility to be up on them. It's nice to get a reminder, but ultimately, we are all responsible for our own businesses.

Hopefully she'll simmer down and decide to stay. Keep your chin up!
Thank you for sharing this too. I did feel a little guilty especially since I cheered her on so much about the points she was accumulating with every order she turned in. Had I remembered myself (my points were redeemed before Nov. was over) I would have ordered anything for her, since I was turning in her shows on my computer I had her information in her file I keep. I bet she's thinking the same thing but wont come right out and say it. I have always been really nice to her, she was a customer since I first got started and she turned in lots of catalog shows in to me. Each time I would tell her she could be getting the comission if she were a consultant and would always give her something extra. I think that's keeping her from letting me have it. I do hope she stays on. When she told me she was quitting I didn't make a big deal. I said "Really? If you feel that strongly about it I respect your decision. We will talk more about it later on..." That diffused it a little. I think she expected me to beg her to stay, but that's not me. I don't feel I have to beg anyone, we work for the BEST DS company arround! She loves our products so she's only hurting herself if she quits over this.

Addie- that's an awesome attitude! It's important to remember that if we're all adults, responsible for keeping track of our own businesses, that the other side of that is also true: we're responsible for deciding for ourselves whether to quit or stay active. I feel bad for your recruit. I'd be crushed if I had enough points to get some cookware and then forgot about them. But it was ultimately her responsibility.

I redeemed my points as earned, I wanted that cookware! We were no longer able to earn points since the end of November. Everybody had a full month to redeem their points, hopefully a lesson learned.

Addie, don't let her blame you, it's her business!

Anyone who went to Conference knows the story of the Amish woman who earned TPC. No phones, no car, no computer.

Me thinks someone needs to get their priorities in order.

myinnerchef said:
Anyone who went to Conference knows the story of the Amish woman who earned TPC. No phones, no car, no computer.

Me thinks someone needs to get their priorities in order.

I went to conference, but I don't remember this story...maybe you had to be in a certain wave to have heard it?

I think so, Becky. Although I've certainly seen Amish women at conference, I don't remember one walking for TPC.

The Mennonite group is usually in my wave so must be somewhere under my NED's. Yes.. that is true... There are 2-3 who earn TPC each year. It's very inspiring! My mom loves going to conference with me.. it's her little getaway. Anyway, when we see them she is always amazed and asks me HOW they can do this!

finley1991 said:
The Mennonite group is usually in my wave so must be somewhere under my NED's. Yes.. that is true... There are 2-3 who earn TPC each year. It's very inspiring! My mom loves going to conference with me.. it's her little getaway. Anyway, when we see them she is always amazed and asks me HOW they can do this!
I can see a Mennonite lady doing it - they are more into the community, and not as reclusive. People confuse Mennonite & Amish for each other quite often. I wonder if it was actually a Mennonite lady?Edited to correct my grammar so the sentence wasn't so confusing!

Last edited:
I was told that they were Mennonite but I don't remember who told me so I can't say for sure that that is accurate. I just remember because someone referred to them as Amish and that person was corrected by someone else saying that they were Mennonite, not Amish. (When Amish is a smaller sect of the Mennonite group).

I was insensitive to refer to that group as Amish, when they are Mennonite. I apologize.

But they're still inspiring!

ChefBeckyD said:
I can see a Mennonite lady doing it - they are more into the community, and not as reclusive. People confuse Mennonite & Amish for each other quite often. I wonder if it was actually a Mennonite lady?

Edited to correct my grammar so the sentence wasn't so confusing!

My sitter belongs to the Brethren church, very similar to Mennonites - she says they get confused all the time because the dress is the same. She said to tell them apart, "we have bangs, they don't"

Thought that was cute and funny...:rolleyes:

chefann said:
I was insensitive to refer to that group as Amish, when they are Mennonite. I apologize. But they're still inspiring!
I didn't think it was insensitive - just a common misconception.:) I used to work at a camp in Northern Michigan, and there was an Amish community up there, and also Mennonite, and Brethern churches. The biggest difference is that a Mennonite or Brethern could be your neighbor, but the Amish lived in their own community, and kept to themselves. (other than the roadside stand where they sold the most incredible frosted cinnamon rolls!:chef: ) That is why I thought it would be difficult for an Amish lady to earn TPC......it would be an extremely small group that they would be selling to.

Can someone tell us her story?

ChefBeckyD said:
I didn't think it was insensitive - just a common misconception.:)

I used to work at a camp in Northern Michigan, and there was an Amish community up there, and also Mennonite, and Brethern churches. The biggest difference is that a Mennonite or Brethern could be your neighbor, but the Amish lived in their own community, and kept to themselves. (other than the roadside stand where they sold the most incredible frosted cinnamon rolls!:chef: ) That is why I thought it would be difficult for an Amish lady to earn TPC......it would be an extremely small group that they would be selling to.

I've met some of the upper Michigan Brethern group through my sitter. On occasion they will suddenly have a household of visitors. Very nice group...

chefann said:
I was insensitive to refer to that group as Amish, when they are Mennonite. I apologize.

But they're still inspiring!

I saw nothing insensitive about it at all!

jrstephens said:
I saw nothing insensitive about it at all!

She felt insensitive because they are two separate groups. Amish has more cultural beliefs along with religious beliefs and Mennonites have beliefs that differ from the Amish. Until you meet each group, they "seem" the same to us but are quite distinct. I am still learning all the differences. Ann felt bad lumping them into one.

It would be like saying all Baptists are the same when we recently had a discussion on a pretty wacky group that calls themselves Baptist but no organized Baptist group will claim them. I'd hate to be associated with them.

I hope that makes sense...

We have a local store that is run by some religious sect that I am not sure exactly their particular religion. Once a custodian was at their store and answed a cell phone call. He told the person that he was at the Amish store. The man behind the counter politely corrected him and told him that they are not Amish. So he said to the person on the phone, well I am at the Mennonite store. The man again politley told him, we are not Mennonite. So the custodian then told the person on the phone...I am at the very religious store! This particular group (are first of all VERY nice and run a very clean store) have their women wear white kerchief type hair coverings. All women wear dresses that come down to either mid calf or ankle length and usually a medium blue color. The men dress in white shirts and black pants.
Yes, I too have seen women that I believe are Mennonite earn TPC. The woman that AMAZES me every year is the woman who earns TPC in sales year after year...she is wheelchair bound. My excuses just fall by the wayside when she graces the stage with her wonderful achievement.
There are also many Amish in our area. It amazes me when I see young children driving a team of work horses (and scares me!).

That is rough. Too bad HQ can't bend the rules for those who really did have enough points to do something with them.

I had a very paltry panorama ... only 38 points! I wish they had been "transferable" because I would have given them to my recruiter!

chefann said:
Addie- that's an awesome attitude! It's important to remember that if we're all adults, responsible for keeping track of our own businesses, that the other side of that is also true: we're responsible for deciding for ourselves whether to quit or stay active. I feel bad for your recruit. I'd be crushed if I had enough points to get some cookware and then forgot about them. But it was ultimately her responsibility.
Just saw this... thank you Ann. I have decided that I'm going to have a different attitude when recruiting from now on. Instead of "Please Join My Team!" It will be "Give it a try, if you prove yourself a winner we MAY keep you!" :)

I'm sorry, but I don't see how it is my director's job to "remind" me to redeem my points, or anything else...It is my business, my responsibility, etc and if some reason I lost out on an incentive I would only have myself to blame..I would never get upset w my director for that! She has to remind HERSELF to redeem the points!
I just don't understand how consultants are upset when THEY lose out on something and want to blame someone else. It is totally wrong.

I'm with you! :)

I felt a bit responsible because in this case I volunteered (my mistake) to submit her orders because she doesn't have a computer or access to consultant corner or anything else. She just signed up and didn't know how everything works or where to go for information. She doesn't live near me so that she could come over and I could show her. The only info she got was from me and our monthly mag which she probably didn't read. She missed my team meetings and is one of those people that are in "let's see" mode. She was thrilled when I told her about the promo because she already had lots of people interested in the cookware. This was definitely a lesson learned for me. She is not blaming me directly but like Ann says she is crushed because she missed out on a significant freebie.

raebates said:
I'm so sorry. If I were there with you, I'd put my arms around you and let you have a good cry.
Rae, one of the Realtors in my office has a sign on her door that says "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it"...something to that affect...don't you say something like that?

Edited to say: Oops, sorry I posted this here, I was thinking I was in a different thread, and I did NOT mean to hijack this.

I am sorry that you have to go through these difficulties with your recruits/downline. I have been very busy the past few months but did not forget to redeem my Pan-o-rama points...it's just easier to blame someone else for not reminding us than it is to hold ourselves accountable for being absentminded.

Addie, I think you have a wonderful attitude, and I would be proud to be in your downline! :)

Last edited:
Getting mad at the director is uncalled for. That's like calling your mom and yelling at her for not reminding you to pay your own bills. Every adult has their OWN responsibilities. I understand why you would feel bad, but don't let it get to you simply because you were helping her more in the long run with letting her submit things on your computer.

As far as bending the rules, I'm sure everyone wishes the rules would bend a little. Like the 5 and 7 piece set I sold right after the cut off. Sure wish that could count. And the 200+ points I had left over, that would have been nice to count towards at least half of a pan. No, I didn't like that with the amount of points I had, although I had a couple of options, I own everything that was offered. Do I complain, nope. I just get giddy knowing I got both of mine for free. (Last one was from a sell-a-thon.) Just know that some people won't be happy, but you can be one that chooses to see the bright side in it all. I sure choose to be that way!

Oh I've been there several times, I even cried when I missed my Directors box one time over $50!! I didn't calculate correctly and I missed it.:cry: I tried to see if anything could be done, I was crushed. I do understand that bending the rules would make it very difficult to run a tight ship and it would get out of control with everyone coming up with 1,001 excuses. I have learned the lessons though and still am. You better believe I double and tripple check my requirements for EVERYTHING now because I've missed it "by that much!" (GetSmart) :)

We do our best to be supportive, but ultimately we are all responsible for ourselves. We have all had these disappointments. A few months ago I showed up at 8:30 (Husband told me the time-I didn't check the letter myself before leaving) instead of 8:00 AM (later checked the letter and saw oops it was 8:00 am.) This was to provide my evidence for a court suit on a previous rental I was in. I automatically lost for showing up late. A $1600 lesson. I had a closed (win) case. I was mad at husband for several days, since it came out of my checks Nov and Dec. but ultimately, I should have double checked the time. Over and done with.

lockhartkitchen said:
We do our best to be supportive, but ultimately we are all responsible for ourselves. We have all had these disappointments. A few months ago I showed up at 8:30 (Husband told me the time-I didn't check the letter myself before leaving) instead of 8:00 AM (later checked the letter and saw oops it was 8:00 am.) This was to provide my evidence for a court suit on a previous rental I was in. I automatically lost for showing up late. A $1600 lesson. I had a closed (win) case. I was mad at husband for several days, since it came out of my checks Nov and Dec. but ultimately, I should have double checked the time. Over and done with.
OUCH!! I may have to share your experience! I have for the most part missed out on things, but I haven't had something cost me this much. Sorry that happened to you. I guess everything is relative. If we focus on the important things there is always someone that is going through something worse. I rather miss out on things with PC than deal with bigger things like sickness or other tragedies. You win some you lose some, but you win mostly if you learn a lesson and manage to keep a good attitude in the process. :)

so happy!!!!!!i just got this email!!!:) wanted to share with those of you who maybe didn't see it!!!!

Dear Consultant, As you know, you earned Pan-O-Rama points by selling The Pampered Chef® cookware from Aug. 1– Nov. 30, 2007. These points could be redeemed for free Stainless or Executive Cookware pieces. As stated on the promotional flyer, the Pan–o–rama redemption page and in Weekly Bites, all points had to be redeemed by midnight on Dec. 31, 2007 or they would be forfeited. It has come to our attention that there was some confusion regarding the forfeiture of unused points. Because we know how important it is for you to have cookware to demonstrate at your Shows, we will make a one–time exception to the rule. As a result, you will have until Jan. 31, 2008 to redeem your unused points. Please be aware, after this date, the unredeemed points will be forfeited and no exceptions will be made. Also, going forward, exceptions will not be made to promotional rules, so please make sure you read the promotional flyers carefully and adhere to any deadlines. To redeem your points, go to Consultant’s Corner > Consultant Incentives > Promotions and Programs > Redeem Pan-O-Rama Points. Remember, you only have until Jan. 31, 2008 to redeem your points or they will be forfeited. Don’t wait! The Pampered Chef

Oh - I'm so happy for you! And for Addie, and her consultant that was so upset - what a wonderful company we represent! That is just GRACE!

Wow, do we work for an amazing company, or what?

<h2>1. What are panorama points in Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Panorama points are rewards that can be earned by Pampered Chef consultants for meeting certain sales and recruiting goals. These points can be redeemed for various products and incentives within the company.</p><h2>2. How often are panorama points awarded?</h2><p>Panorama points are awarded on a quarterly basis, meaning every three months. The points are typically tallied and awarded at the end of each quarter.</p><h2>3. Is there a way to track my panorama points?</h2><p>Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a personal account where you can track your sales and recruiting progress, as well as your panorama points. You can also contact your team leader or the company's customer service for assistance in tracking your points.</p><h2>4. Can panorama points be carried over to the next quarter?</h2><p>Unfortunately, panorama points cannot be carried over to the next quarter. They must be redeemed within the quarter they were earned, otherwise they will be forfeited.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I realized I have forfeited my panorama points?</h2><p>If you have realized that you have forfeited your panorama points, you can reach out to your team leader or the company's customer service to see if there are any options for redeeming them. It is always best to keep track of your points and redeem them within the allotted time frame to avoid losing them.</p>

1. What are panorama points in Pampered Chef?

Panorama points are rewards that can be earned by Pampered Chef consultants for meeting certain sales and recruiting goals. These points can be redeemed for various products and incentives within the company.

2. How often are panorama points awarded?

Panorama points are awarded on a quarterly basis, meaning every three months. The points are typically tallied and awarded at the end of each quarter.

3. Is there a way to track my panorama points?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a personal account where you can track your sales and recruiting progress, as well as your panorama points. You can also contact your team leader or the company's customer service for assistance in tracking your points.

4. Can panorama points be carried over to the next quarter?

Unfortunately, panorama points cannot be carried over to the next quarter. They must be redeemed within the quarter they were earned, otherwise they will be forfeited.

5. What should I do if I realized I have forfeited my panorama points?

If you have realized that you have forfeited your panorama points, you can reach out to your team leader or the company's customer service to see if there are any options for redeeming them. It is always best to keep track of your points and redeem them within the allotted time frame to avoid losing them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies