• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am so Aggravated at My Self!!

In summary, the guest ordered a scraper but only received one. She contacted the host and the host found out she only paid for one and will have to pay for shipping.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had a show in Feb. Followed up with the host when the products arrived and everything was fine. I didn't do a whole lot in March (long story) and didn't do any CC calls.
I get an email today from a guest at that early Feb show saying she is sorry that it has taken so long to get back with me, but she ordered 2 scrapers and only got one. So I look it up. On her original receipt she did order 2, but I only entered 1 in P3 (I take my laptop to my shows). So now because the receipt she has says 2 I am going to have to eat the other one plus the shipping to direct because she lives an hour from me.
:cry: ARGG

Did she technically pay for 2? If not, I'd tell her that she was never charged for the 2nd one and you'd be happy to order the other for her and give her 10% for the confusion.

OK, silver lining. At least it was a scraper and not a piece of cookware or forged cutlery!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Did she technically pay for 2? If not, I'd tell her that she was never charged for the 2nd one and you'd be happy to order the other for her and give her 10% for the confusion.

If that is the case I would charge her full price but pay the shipping since she had it on the order.

Do you have a show closing soon, that you could add it to the host order? I have done that before if the show I am closing is for someone I am close enough to ask to add something. That save you money and majority of the time, she will not need the warranty on a scraper. Or do you have one you are hosting of your own soon?

Check to see if she paid for two already though? That way you have the money already and are only loosing the shipping if you have to do a seperate order. I know that would make me feel better.

Also, call HO anyway. I have done this when I misordered the right amount and they still sent the one out and did not charge me for shipping, they only charged me for the actualy product. As a matter of fact, I just did an adjustment a few weeks ago for a missing item that I was not contacted about until after the 30 days was up and they did not charge me shipping on it.

I agree with Kristie and Addie. Check to see what you received payment for first.

After doing some research, she only paid for one, but she is going to think I am a total flake. I would add it to a different host order, but I wouldn't know how to get it to her without driving the hour to get it to her.

I would just apologize for any inconvenience and do what others on here have said, cover the shipping, but have her pay for the product.
She has to understand that we are human and mistakes happen.
Plus, it's a little weird that she waited so long to contact you.

Leslie - if she only paid for one then it will show on her receipt as well - ask her to pull it out and go over it with her - Apologize for your error and offer to order it for her and give her 10% off it - or better off - have her book a show and give it to her for free when she hosts - good luck and don't get so mad at yourself - we all make silly mistakes!! Pampered not Perfect!!!

In that case say "Sorry I made a mistake and did not add it to your order so you were only charged for one. If you still want a second one I will cover the shipping."

I've done this before, too - not entering in more than one of something and only charging for one. I simply apologize and tell them I can add it to another show/person's order. I don't eat the cost because they didn't pay for it, and they really should have realized that what they paid didn't add up to what they thought it should have cost. I'm out the sale and they saved a little money, really. I don't offer to pay shipping, but I will add it to someone's order if they want the order placed.

1. How can I manage my frustration in the kitchen?

Managing frustration in the kitchen can be challenging, but there are some tips you can follow to help. First, take a deep breath and step away from the situation for a few minutes. This will give you time to cool down and regroup. Next, try to identify the root cause of your frustration. Are you struggling with a specific task or recipe? Once you know the source of your frustration, you can work on finding a solution or alternative approach. Finally, don't be too hard on yourself. Cooking is a skill that takes time and practice to perfect.

2. How can I avoid making mistakes while cooking?

Mistakes are a natural part of the cooking process, and it's important not to beat yourself up over them. However, there are some things you can do to minimize the chances of making mistakes. First, make sure to read the recipe thoroughly before starting. This will help you understand the steps and avoid missing any crucial ingredients or instructions. Additionally, try to prep all your ingredients before starting to cook. This will help you stay organized and focused while cooking. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask for help or clarification if you're unsure about something.

3. How can I improve my cooking skills?

Improving your cooking skills takes time and practice, but there are a few things you can do to speed up the process. First, try new recipes and techniques to expand your knowledge and skills. You can also take cooking classes or watch tutorial videos to learn from professionals. Additionally, pay attention to the details and techniques used in recipes and try to replicate them in your own cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment and make mistakes – that's how you learn!

4. How can I stay calm and focused while cooking?

Staying calm and focused while cooking can be challenging, especially if you're feeling frustrated. One way to stay calm is to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment. Focus on the task at hand and try not to let outside distractions bother you. Additionally, make sure to take breaks and rest when needed. Trying to do too much at once can lead to feeling overwhelmed and making mistakes. Lastly, listen to some relaxing music or have a positive mantra to help you stay calm and focused.

5. How can I avoid burning or overcooking my food?

Burning or overcooking food can be frustrating, but there are some ways to avoid it. First, make sure to monitor the heat level of your stove or oven. If a recipe calls for medium heat, make sure the burner or oven is set to that level. Additionally, use timers to keep track of cooking times and avoid forgetting about your food. Pay attention to the color and texture of your food while cooking – this can be a good indicator of when it's done. Lastly, don't be afraid to use a meat thermometer to ensure your proteins are cooked to the correct internal temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • KellerCooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellerCooks
  • esavvymom