• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Challenges of Hosting a Pampered Chef Fundraiser?

In summary, fundraisers can be a challenging type of show to organize and the host benefits may not always be as attractive as a regular cooking show. It's important to thoroughly understand the host benefits and any policies or restrictions before agreeing to do a fundraiser. Communication with the host and guests is key in managing expectations and ensuring a successful event.
krahema
Ugh! I just finished my first HWC fundraiser tonight - not only was it a very small show - 3 people & under $250 in sales, but I obviously didn't understand the host benefits very well, because now I am at home entering the sales and realizing that

1. the host/chairperson has to pay shipping - did not factor that in on her order form (and don't really think she should have to pay shipping after orgainizing the event), and

2. the host ordered the DCB and now I am realizing she can't order one on a fundraiser

Is it just me, or does PC sometimes make the fundraisers appear to be a really unattractive type of show to organize? I may end up just turning it into a cooking show and making a 15% cash donation myself - at least that way the host could get the DCB.

Am I missing something, or is this really how it works?

Oh, and don't get me started on how you can only order the pink products online in October :)

For fundraiser shows, the host gives up her benefits in order to get the cash donation to the organization.

The host DOES get to take advantage of 1 item on the monthly host special (did she get her cookware piece?)

I ususally use HWC months to host my own show as a fundraiser. I don't want people thinking that I'm taking advantage of getting the host benefits + my commission.

I, too, would love it if they made pink products available to shows in October, even if they were only available to HWC Fundraiser shows (that might be an incentive to have more HWC shows!)

I completely understand your frustration. Fundraisers can be a tricky type of show to organize and often times, the host benefits are not as attractive as a regular cooking show. It's important to thoroughly understand the host benefits before agreeing to do a fundraiser.In terms of the host paying for shipping, I agree that it doesn't seem fair for them to have to cover that cost. However, it is stated in the fundraising agreement that the host is responsible for shipping costs. This is something that should be communicated clearly to the host before the show.As for the DCB, unfortunately, it is not available for purchase on a fundraiser. This is a policy set by the company and cannot be changed. You could potentially offer the host a discount on the DCB for their personal use, but again, this should be communicated before the show.It's understandable that you may want to turn the fundraiser into a regular cooking show and make a donation yourself. However, make sure to communicate this with the host and make sure they are okay with it. It's important to maintain transparency and honesty with your hosts and guests.In the future, make sure to thoroughly go over the host benefits with the host before booking a fundraiser. It's also a good idea to have a clear understanding of any policies or restrictions that may apply to fundraisers. This will help avoid any misunderstandings or disappointments.Overall, fundraisers can still be a great way to support a cause and spread the word about Pampered Chef. Just make sure to communicate clearly with the host and guests and manage expectations.

1. What are the benefits of being a Host/Chairperson for a Pampered Chef party?

As a Host/Chairperson, you will receive free and discounted products, as well as the opportunity to earn exclusive rewards and bonuses. You will also have the chance to learn new cooking techniques and recipes, and enjoy a fun and interactive party with your friends and family.

2. How do I become a Host/Chairperson for a Pampered Chef party?

You can become a Host/Chairperson by simply contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and scheduling a party. You can also host a virtual party, which allows you to invite guests from anywhere and still enjoy the same benefits and rewards.

3. What is the minimum requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The minimum requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef party is $200 in party sales. This can be easily achieved by inviting at least 10 guests to your party and providing them with a fun and engaging atmosphere to shop and learn about Pampered Chef products.

4. Can I choose the products I want as part of my Host/Chairperson benefits?

Yes, you can choose any Pampered Chef products that you want as part of your Host/Chairperson benefits. You will receive a certain amount of free and discounted products based on your party sales, and you can use that credit to choose the products you love.

5. How long do I have to redeem my Host/Chairperson benefits?

Your Host/Chairperson benefits will expire 30 days after your party closes. It is recommended to redeem your benefits as soon as possible to ensure you get the products you want before they go out of stock. Your consultant can help you with the redemption process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies