• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Husband Is Getting Transfered to Alaska....

In summary, the speaker suggests that you purchase a CD called "Move it, don't lose it" and recommends that you contact past hosts to get referrals. They also recommend that you start stocking up on supplies in case of a move.
afwife98439
Ok...not sure what to do....My husband just found out that He is getting transfered up to Elmendorf AK. Is there anything special I need to do with Pampered Chef? I know I'll have to change my address and what not...but yea... I hope this works out and what not. If you have any advice or information that would help me that would be great...totally new at this whole moving thing. I'll be up there in July....So yea...This should be interesting!!

I don't know much, since I'm so new, but I think that PC has a hospitality program so that even though you're a distance from your cluster, they can help you find a group to meet with up there. Just a thought. We have some people who are in our cluster who are from out-of-state.
You might want to call HO and ask if there's anything else they would recommend, besides the standard change of address, etc.
Good luck with your move...I think Alaska sounds like such an adventure...let us know how it works out!!!

We just transferred to Alaska this summer, and it wasn't that bad. We are in Valdez and the "summer population" is 4,000 and we are remote basically. In Anchorage you should have a great time. I know there is one lady (sorry can't remember her name) that hits the top of sales and such that lives there. So at least you should have contact with other PC people there. As far as Alaska, I doubt our husbands are in the same branch, but I can help some if you'd like. This is our second tour here in AK. We're actually going to be staying at Elmendorf in 3 weeks when we have to go up there for my son's doctor's appointment. I have the number to their hotel on base if you want to keep that onhand. It's REALLY cheap for great, huge rooms. PM me if you need any info I can help get you.

Don't know anything about transferring, and I'm brand-new to PC...but wanted to say "Welcome to Alaska!":)

Deb

There is a great CD you can order on supply, I think it is called "Move it, don't lose it" and it has wonderful ideas. I ordered it last supply order, because we are contemplating a move, and I wanted to be ready.

My husband was stationed at Elmendorf for his 1st base 10 years ago. He loved it there and wants to go back. I do know that from my research you will do really well with PC there. Have fun and enjoy it there!

A director in our cluster is in AK. Her name is Robyn Neilko. She is great! I am not sure exactly where she is but I can find out for you!

Hey wanted to pass on some wisdom that was given my one of my upper Directors who has moved her biz. twice in the past 1 yr. she contacted all of her past hosts and told them what was going on and offered to help them find another consultant to take her place alot of them was so impressed that they want to know if she keeping her Website and would be willing to do long distance Catalog shows. She said yes and she had set up enough catalog show to keep her booked for the 1st 2 months after move. She also starting asking people if they knew anybody in the area she was getting ready to move to that would be willing to do a catalog show and was surprise to get severval referrals from that .

So don't be afraid to ask people for teh referrals to help make moving your biz. smoother and give you time to spend more time on making things easier on you family.

Hopefully this was some help.

Not to hijack, but we had alaskan salmon for dinner last night (it was fresh and flown home by his uncle) and my DH said "Maybe I will be stationed in Alaska, wouldn't that be cool?" And while I do admit it would be, its too far from New Jersey for me.

Good luck with the upcoming move!

mrssyvo said:
There is a great CD you can order on supply, I think it is called "Move it, don't lose it" and it has wonderful ideas. I ordered it last supply order, because we are contemplating a move, and I wanted to be ready.

Morphia (you'll see her name on this sight) was one of the speakers...I highly recommend this CD! There is wonderful info on this, and I pull it out and listen often - I moved last Feb and still gain info from it. I would recommend getting "plan"...it sounds as though you want to keep your PC business so you'll need some catalog shows from your current location to keep you afloat until you can start doing shows in Alaska. Do you know anyone there? It is never too early to ask for referrals.

I'm not sure if you're worried about the business side of this, but one my Director's Directors is up there and she was a 5 TPC achiever last Conference...business can be found whatever your level is and I have no doubt that you will love it there. Keep an open mind and get excited! This is a fabulous opportunity for you and your family!

So while Alaska seems like a scary move...There is a recently promoted director within my cluster as well that is in North Pole Alaska. She will be cruising this year. She works two days a week and has had a HUGE response to Pampered Chef in the last two years :)

Good Luck!

Moving was the best thing for my business. It forced me to get out of my comfort zone and start talking to people!!! Good luck to you!

afwife98439 said:
Ok...not sure what to do....My husband just found out that He is getting transfered up to Elmendorf AK. Is there anything special I need to do with Pampered Chef? I know I'll have to change my address and what not...but yea... I hope this works out and what not. If you have any advice or information that would help me that would be great...totally new at this whole moving thing. I'll be up there in July....So yea...This should be interesting!!

I live on Elmendorf AFB! I think that you are usually given a hospitality director, but you are welcome to come to our meetings! I will give you any info on the base or Anchorage that you desire as well! My email address is [email protected], feel free to email me anytime. I hope you get excited about Alaska. You are coming at the most beautiful time of the year. Hope to talk to you soon!

Jenni

Is that close to Gillian that use to be on here all the time?

JenniHorn said:
I live on Elmendorf AFB! I think that you are usually given a hospitality director, but you are welcome to come to our meetings! I will give you any info on the base or Anchorage that you desire as well! My email address is [email protected], feel free to email me anytime. I hope you get excited about Alaska. You are coming at the most beautiful time of the year. Hope to talk to you soon!

Jenni

I live in Anchorage... I'm in a family of 5 Directors and 1 Advanced, we have meetings in Anchorage, Eagle River and Wasilla pretty much every week of the month depending on where you want to go! We have a lot of hospitality! Alaska is the best, you can email me too... [email protected]

jrstephens said:
Is that close to Gillian that use to be on here all the time?

Yes, but Gillian doesn't do much PC anymore, only a little. Best for someone active here to get her some good connections. Gillian's director Jan and a few others are good contacts.

Also Sara Philbin (an ED) whose banquet I was at has a director in AK.

There are lots of resources there.

1. Will I still be able to purchase Pampered Chef products if I move to Alaska?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are available for purchase in all 50 states, including Alaska. You can also order products online through our website and have them shipped directly to your new address.

2. Will there be any changes to the shipping time or cost for orders placed in Alaska?

There may be a slight increase in shipping time and cost for orders placed in Alaska due to the distance and logistics involved. However, we strive to provide timely and affordable shipping options for all of our customers, regardless of their location.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef consultants in Alaska that I can work with?

Yes, we have a team of dedicated consultants in Alaska who would be happy to assist you with your Pampered Chef needs. You can search for consultants in your new area on our website or contact our customer service team for a referral.

4. Will there be any changes to the Pampered Chef parties or events held in Alaska?

No, our consultants in Alaska continue to host Pampered Chef parties and events just like consultants in any other state. You can still enjoy the same fun and interactive cooking experiences and have the opportunity to purchase our products.

5. Can I continue to host Pampered Chef parties and events in Alaska?

Absolutely! Our consultants in Alaska would be happy to help you host a party or event in your new location. You can also choose to host a virtual party, which allows you to connect with friends and family from all over the country while still enjoying the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpartridge
  • cwcollins
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dollfangs
  • pamperedlinda