• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Summer Schedule Filling Up? Let's Talk Sales and Exciting New Products!

In summary, many people are having a slow summer, with fewer bookings than they would like. However, those who are still booking shows are doing well.
heat123
Silver Member
Just wondering who's calanders are all filled up for July and August? This is my first Summer Selling Season and it's awefully slow for me!

I sadly, only have 2 for July and 2 for August!:(

Can't wait for September and the New Catalog and new products!!:D

I have none for July (my second month inactive!:( ) and one for August. I am excited because I have two shifts at the state fair (only fun summer thing in alaska with TONS of people!!) at the beginning of September. I am hoping to hold on to my career sales by getting through the summer, but I think Fall is going to be great for me!!

I don't have any shows booked for July:( but I do have 2 for August. I agree I can't wait for Sept for the new catalog.

I had 6 for July, but just got 1 cancelation today. I have 2 for August and am hoping to get more w/July shows.

My summer has been pretty slow - but it is partly my own fault. I have a limited availability to begin with (I am divorced and only do shows on the nights my children are visiting their father...every other weekend, every Tuesday night and every other Thursday night). In June I had two cancellations, and due to Conference in July, I miss 2 days I normally would have booked shows. I have only 4 shows booked for July. Thankfully, of the 4, one was last Thursday and I have already received guest lists for the other three so I feel confident they won't cancel. I have 4 scheduled for August so far, two of which I already have the guest lists for.

I already had 1 for July that I am praying it can get some outside orders to actually make it a show and have 4 more scheduled for July. Right now I have none for August, but am all about filling up my July first! I figure I will be so stoked after conference that I will be waaay better at my shows and able to get some August bookings from the rest of the July shows (I have 2 or 3 the week I get back from conference!)

Slowwwwwwww:(

I have 5 shows for JUly. Starting on the 13th but I only have one show for August . I hope to get moere.

Mt summer is going SLOW, A lot of people want to either wait until the summer is over or want to wait until the new catalog comes out.

I have been having a pretty good summer so far- I have 6 booked for July and 5 booked for August already and 2 for Sept. I need lots of parties since my daughter and I do it together and share the commission. And it is Great mother-daughter time!:D

I had one show that I'm hoping will close at between $700-$800. I don't have anything else right now. I need to get on the phone.

AJPratt said:
I had one show that I'm hoping will close at between $700-$800. I don't have anything else right now. I need to get on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Me too!:) :rolleyes: ;)

I have 2 cooking shows and one catalog for July and 1 for August - need to get a few more people on the calendar. A lot of people want September so I hope their shows stick. Can't wait for conference - heading there tomorrow!!

Gina Miller

Well so far I have 6 cooking shows and 1 catalog show for July and 2 shows for August. So, I feel like I'm doing pretty good. I only have 1 date left in July that I want to fill and it's a Friday night so hopefully I will be able to accomplish that. I've talked to all my hosts and they all seem like they are excited about their shows so I hope they will all go through. I'm really excited about this business. Although I do briefly mention that the new catalog comes out in September and don't over do it so that it doesn't mess up my August. And when I do mention the new catalog I make sure to tell them that I will have the catalogs in August and I will be able to tell them what items are going to be discontinued so August will be the last month they will be able to purchase them. I also try to push the host special for August.

I am walking a fine line in August with telling them that the new catalog comes out in September, and getting them to still book in August. Stess the things that are leaving like the colors! As long as I am active to get the new stuff I am pretty much scrappin' the rest of the season and bringing in Fall with a bang!

My business seems to always be slow in the summer. In Florida people would rather be at the beach, in the pool or on their boat instead of at a show. I do have 2 or 3 shows booked a month, but I only had 1 in June. I usually try to hit September extra hard. Everyone knows or thinks they know that Sept is the "cheap stoneware month" and the new catalog comes out so they are already booking Sept.

gilliandanielle said:
I am walking a fine line in August with telling them that the new catalog comes out in September, and getting them to still book in August. Stess the things that are leaving like the colors! As long as I am active to get the new stuff I am pretty much scrappin' the rest of the season and bringing in Fall with a bang!
You also want to remind people that they will want to give their friends the opportunity to get the things that are being discontinued like the Gen II cookware and the RoundUp stone.

August used to be awesome! They allowed customers to buy the new fall products as well as everything in the spring book. It was "change-over month". People loved to hold shows that month! And September was easy too because of the stoneware special that usually happens that month.

Oh for the good ole days...

Much Better than Last Year!My summer is much better than my summer last year!

I did double in June this year than I did last year. My July last year, I had one show, and had to do an open house to get people buying! :) But I still pulled off $1300 last year. This year, I am already at $1500, with 1 more show in July. I have 1 booked for August, with 2 trade shows, and already have 2 for September, 3 for October (and I'm going away for a week that month too!!), and 1 (possibly 2) for November, with a trade show in November as well.

Once you establish your business and contacts, I now know it only gets easier. If you can get through your first year, it gets easier from there. Just remember to STAY ON THE PHONE. Call your customers, and do customer care. I have gotten many additional outside orders and show bookings from this. It truly helps!!!! Even if you get 10 no's and only 1 yes, it's better than not trying!

Good luck to everyone keeping your summer afloat! I know I'm blessed with what I have. I would LOVE more, but am happy that I can enjoy MY summer too. My guests aren't the only ones who want to be out at the lake, or in the garden. I do too! :)

Cheers!

M:p

BethCooks4U said:
You also want to remind people that they will want to give their friends the opportunity to get the things that are being discontinued like the Gen II cookware and the RoundUp stone.

August used to be awesome! They allowed customers to buy the new fall products as well as everything in the spring book. It was "change-over month". People loved to hold shows that month! And September was easy too because of the stoneware special that usually happens that month.

Oh for the good ole days...

Beth,
Outside of the colors do you know what else will be discontinued?

I have a total of 5 this month, 4 for next, and 2 for september. i did the mystery host show and got a lot of bookings off of that party!

Where did it say that the gen II cookware is being discontinued? Everyone knows and I don't know where I missed this important info!!

BethCooks4 said:
UAugust used to be awesome! They allowed customers to buy the new fall products as well as everything in the spring book. It was "change-over month". People loved to hold shows that month! And September was easy too because of the stoneware special that usually happens that month.

I'd love that again!

1. What are the summer hours for Pampered Chef?

The summer hours for Pampered Chef vary depending on your location and job position. However, most employees work from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.

2. Will there be any changes to my work schedule during the summer?

There may be some changes to your work schedule during the summer, as it is a busy season for Pampered Chef. Your manager will communicate any changes to you in advance.

3. Are there any summer holidays or days off for Pampered Chef employees?

Pampered Chef observes the same holidays as most other companies, such as Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Your specific holiday schedule will depend on your job position and location.

4. Can I request time off during the summer?

Yes, you can request time off during the summer. However, it will be subject to manager approval and will depend on the needs of the business during that time.

5. Are there any company events or activities planned for the summer?

Pampered Chef may host summer events or activities for employees, but this will vary depending on location and business needs. Your manager will communicate any planned events to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • chelynn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies