• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Use a Checker Board Cake Pan: Missing Instruction Sheet Help

F
friday
I got this in my new product release (its new to Canada) and one of my team lost my instruction sheet. I seem to remember that you were supposed to add flour to the batter but I don't know how much. Can someone help with this?

Oh Shoot...I just read it but I forgot already I am suck a dork sometimes...anyway it is on CC. Under the use and care guide.

You make the batter as you would for any cake.

To use the checkerboard insert:

Put the insert in the pan and put one color batter in the outer and inner ring and a different color batter in the center ring. Pull out the insert (don't worry, the colors won't mix). Do the same in a second cake pan and then the opposite (first color in center and second color in outer and inner rings) in the third pan.

Then bake as directed (make sure the insert is not in one of the cakes - it is plastic!:eek: ). Cool with pans inverted on cooling rack so top is flattened and stack with frosting between with the one that's different in the middle.

It is not on the Canadian CC for some odd reason. And I can't get to the US CC the sneaky way we used to be able to do. Some programming guru closed that glitch awhile back.

I know that my instructions said add flour? You don't have to?

Not to Hijack but I wanted to share something...I never bought this because I couldn't figure out how it worked just by looking at it and I was afraid to even try it...but now that I have it figured out I think that I might try it just for fun.

My grandmother always made checkerboard cakes for my dad's birthday and they are part of my childhood memories of both of them who I loved dearly and no longer have. A month or so before PC came out with them I saw a set at William Sonoma and almost bought it but DH and I decided to wait and see if I could get my grandmother's set from my aunt. Well I didn't but now I have ours!

MY granddaughter turned 14 this month and she made herself a checkerboard cake for her birthday. She said because I had made one for her sister the rare time that they were here for a birthday - we live 1000 miles apart - and she had that good memory from me! ahh... the circle of life!

I used it when I first got it to make a chocolate/lemon cake. It turned out great (I used the flour it suggested though). Then I started lending my new products to my team for kick off shows. I had it in my hands for a few days... it is out for another kick off show now, and the consultant wants to make one but- no instructions... I really should learn to pull all the instructions before I lend. (maybe I should learn not to lend to anyone who was on the team during SAT....) ANYHOW... thats my sad sorry tale :)

friday said:
I used it when I first got it to make a chocolate/lemon cake. It turned out great (I used the flour it suggested though). Then I started lending my new products to my team for kick off shows. I had it in my hands for a few days... it is out for another kick off show now, and the consultant wants to make one but- no instructions... I really should learn to pull all the instructions before I lend. (maybe I should learn not to lend to anyone who was on the team during SAT....) ANYHOW... thats my sad sorry tale :)

The use and care guide with instructions is available on CC.....

It won't let me look at it- it wants a consultant # and password. When I enter them, I get that page with the flags. I don't know WHY the U&C for this one isnt on the Canadian CC. I called HO and asked for it. They said it SHOULD be on CC, but its not. I asked if someone could email me the file. No one ever did.

Friday - I just emailed you!:thumbup:

Thank you huge!!

friday said:
I got this in my new product release (its new to Canada) and one of my team lost my instruction sheet. I seem to remember that you were supposed to add flour to the batter but I don't know how much. Can someone help with this?
I just made a cake using this...in the US we add 1/4 cup to 1 box of cake mix and follow directions on box. If you are making a 3 layer cake you will need 2 boxes of cake. Hope this helps!

1. What is a checker board cake pan and how does it work?

A checker board cake pan is a type of baking pan that allows you to create a cake with alternating colors or flavors. It works by having dividing walls inside the pan that create separate compartments for each color or flavor of batter.

2. How do I use a checker board cake pan?

To use a checker board cake pan, you will need to prepare two different colored or flavored batters according to your recipe. Then, pour one batter into the outer compartment of the pan and the other batter into the inner compartment. Repeat until all compartments are filled. Bake according to your recipe's instructions.

3. Do I need to add flour to the batter when using a checker board cake pan?

Yes, you will need to add flour to the batter when using a checker board cake pan. This will help the batter hold its shape and prevent the colors or flavors from bleeding into each other. The amount of flour to add will depend on your recipe, so be sure to check the instructions before baking.

4. What should I do if I have lost the instruction sheet for my checker board cake pan?

If you have lost the instruction sheet for your checker board cake pan, you can usually find the instructions online by searching for the specific brand and model of your pan. You can also try reaching out to the manufacturer for a digital copy of the instructions.

5. How can I prevent my checker board cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your checker board cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan thoroughly with baking spray or butter before pouring in the batter. You can also try lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easier removal after baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbdowd0798
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • SusanBP0129