• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Remove Stains from Your Square Baking Pan?

In summary, a guest had a stained square baking pan from making a berry crisp and was wondering how to remove the stain. The conversation reveals that it is common for stains to occur when using products and that regular use or a stainless steel cleaner may help remove the stain. However, it is important to avoid using abrasive cleansers to prevent damage to the pan's surface.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I was doing customer care calls this morning and I have a guest who ordered the square baking pan and made a berry crisp in it and it ended up with a stain! Any thoughts on how she could get that out?

Thanks,
Karen

Bar Keepers Friend

Barry Carlton said:
Bar Keepers Friend

Ditto to this!

LOL. I'm sorry- but why do we *people* seem to think that the tools/pans we get should look perfect after we USE them?? When you use a product, especially something like berries which DO stain products, that's what happens. I guess I don't get it.

esavvymom said:
LOL. I'm sorry- but why do we *people* seem to think that the tools/pans we get should look perfect after we USE them?? When you use a product, especially something like berries which DO stain products, that's what happens. I guess I don't get it.

EXACTLY what I thought. If you make berry crisp, expect stains. That's what berries do. Besides, it's a baking pan...really, who cares if it's stained? No one will see it but you - whenever anyone else sees it, it will most likely be covered with food. :rolleyes:

Very true guys and she even said that it doesn't affect the baking aspect of it, just wondering if there was a way to get rid of it. :p

sometimes I've noticed that the stains go away as I use the particular items. So if the baking soda suggestion didn't work, just regular use might make it disappear. I wonder if our Stainless Steel cleaner would work?? Here is what the Product information for the Metal baking pan says:
# If rust occurs, use Pampered Chef® Stainless Cleaner or an aluminum polisher and cleanser which can be purchased at most grocery stores. Rinse and dry completely.
# A nonabrasive sponge, cloth, or kitchen brush may be used on exterior and interior surfaces.
# Do not use abrasive cleansers, such as steel wool, cleansers with chlorine bleach or oven cleaning solutions as this may permanently damage the surface and void the guarantee.
So if we can use it for rust, it might work on a stain too.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out about the stain on your guest's square baking pan. I'm sorry to hear that happened, but I'm happy to help find a solution. First, I would recommend trying to soak the pan in a mixture of warm water and dish soap for about 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub the stained area. If that doesn't work, a mixture of baking soda and water can also be effective in removing stains. Simply make a paste and apply it to the stained area, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge. Lastly, for tougher stains, a small amount of white vinegar can also be added to the baking soda mixture. I hope these tips help in removing the stain from the pan. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What is the best way to remove stains from my Square Baking Pan?

To remove stains from your Square Baking Pan, start by filling the pan with hot water and adding a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. For tougher stains, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and use it to scrub the pan. Rinse thoroughly with hot water and dry with a clean towel.

Will using metal utensils scratch the surface of the Square Baking Pan?

Using metal utensils on the Square Baking Pan may cause scratches on the surface. To prevent this, we recommend using silicone or plastic utensils instead. These are gentler on the pan and will not scratch the surface.

Can I use the Square Baking Pan on the stovetop?

No, the Square Baking Pan is not designed to be used on a stovetop. It is meant for use in the oven only. Using it on a stovetop can damage the pan and can also be a safety hazard.

How do I properly clean and care for my Square Baking Pan?

To clean the Square Baking Pan, simply wash it with hot water and dish soap. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the pan. Dry the pan thoroughly with a clean towel before storing it. To prolong the life of your pan, avoid using metal utensils and do not put it in the dishwasher.

Is the Square Baking Pan safe to use in the microwave?

No, the Square Baking Pan is not safe to use in the microwave. It is made of stoneware, which is not microwave-safe. Using it in the microwave can damage the pan and may also cause it to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tloudermilk
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies