• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Pitch Pampered Chef Full Time to Dh...

In summary, the conversation revolves around a military spouse venting about their job at the commissary and seeking advice on leaving to work full time with PC. Other military wives in the conversation offer support and advise the spouse to communicate with her husband about her job dissatisfaction and potential for making more money with PC. The conversation also touches on the non-traditional nature of military jobs and the need for understanding and support from spouses.
jessicafawn
Gold Member
Hello dear cheffers...

I work at the commissary on the naval base here in middle of nowhere Guam and I can't stand it... for those of you that don't know what a commissary is, it's a grocery store on base. It's boring and who wants to go grocery shopping take everything home, unpack it and put it away and then return to the same dreadful place you call work...

I'm a cashier and when I first started the "billet" was for 24 hours a week... since starting I worked 39 hours a week for the first month then requested they reduce my hours to the 24 stated. They asked why and I told them I have other commitments *PC being the largest one*. So they asked if 26 would work. I said that would be fine since it was just an additional two hours... They gave me my revised schedule and it was for 29. 29 does not = 26. I didn't want to argue so I let it be. Now they've needed to revise it again and when I got my copy I now have 31.5.... :mad:

So the reason I'm venting is to get your very worthy opinions and advice about leaving the commissary and working PC full time. I know it would be an up and down slope at times but I have such a large drive to do PC and work at it to my best ability... but with the commissary I dread going to work everyday. How do I tell my husband I want to quit my traditional job for PC?

Thanks for letting me vent and I hope everyone has a wonderful day...:balloon:

From a fellow military spouse, I want to thank you for your service at the commissary! I really appreciate you guys!As for your husband, I would suggest telling him that your morale would be better if you didn't work there anymore. And remember a happy wife makes a happy life...hahaha

Thanks Amie... I do enjoy helping most of my customers... I just hope my hubby won't be disappointed... I know PC isn't a traditional job in no way shape or form but I can potentially make some great money without feeling so down and irritated.Thanks again for your advice...

jessicafawn said:
Thanks Amie... I do enjoy helping most of my customers... I just hope my hubby won't be disappointed... I know PC isn't a traditional job in no way shape or form but I can potentially make some great money without feeling so down and irritated.

Thanks again for your advice...

"""I know PC isn't a traditional job in no way shape or form """

As a fellow military wife, Navy also. What is traditional about his job??????

Just ask many women on this board what they would say and think if their husband said that he was going underway for 3 - ? months and no communication on a sub.

I think that he should understand that reasoning.... ? If not show him how you can make $$$ with PC.:p

I wish I had some encouraging words to say. My BF's current goal is to get debt-free, sell our homes (we each have one), buy one together and get me working full time w/ PC. I am a busybody. I would go CRAZY be home all day everyday...I need to have a job, but he wants me to just do PC full time. I love the idea, but am not sure if I want to do that. Maybe still have a part-time job somewhere. Granted it is a 5 year plan of his. So...

I'd suggest giving it a period of time, and if it doesn't work you'll look for a "real job" but don't commit to going back to the commissary!

Flamingo said:
"""I know PC isn't a traditional job in no way shape or form """

As a fellow military wife, Navy also. What is traditional about his job??????
Just ask many women on this board what they would say and think if their husband said that he was going underway for 3 - ? months and no communication on a sub.

I think that he should understand that reasoning.... ? If not show him how you can make $$$ with PC.:p

As another Navy wife, I was going to say the same thing! LOL :) My husband understands completely. I have my teaching degree and need to go back for 6 credits so I can renew my license and he wants to know whats holding me up- Him, money, the kids, etc. So now I'll look into it but I need him to remember to help me too. So its all good!

I teach during the regular school day from 7 ;30 -3:00 then I do parties at night and sat or sun afternoons. I like my regular job but I love pc too and I have to get out of the house and I like to stay busy as well. I do wish at times I could stay home with PC fulltime since my kids are 19 and 11 but I still have to keep my day job! Good luck

UPDATE!!!

So I talked with my DH today and his concern is the economy... if we're heading towards another depression or recession (don't know what the difference would be) that people won't care to buy PC no matter what it costs and that I currently have a government job and it'll most likely be around while everyone else is losing their traditional jobs. He's gotta point, so I guess I'll be staying at the good ol' (not really) commissary until I get back stateside and then he said I can try it out because most likely the economy could change in the next 2 years.... :cry: I know it's a good point but I'm sad. :cry:

Related to How to Pitch Pampered Chef Full Time to Dh...

1. What are the benefits of pitching Pampered Chef full time to my spouse?

Pitching Pampered Chef full time to your spouse can have numerous benefits. It allows you to have a more flexible schedule, be your own boss, and potentially earn a higher income. You also have the opportunity to build and grow your own business, which can lead to financial stability and long-term success.

2. How can I convince my spouse that Pampered Chef is a viable full-time career?

Start by sharing the success stories of other independent consultants who have made a full-time career out of Pampered Chef. Show them the potential for growth and the company's proven track record. You can also offer to do a test run for a few months to show your spouse your commitment and dedication to making it work.

3. Will I receive any support or resources from Pampered Chef if I decide to pitch full time?

Yes, as an independent consultant, you will have access to various resources and support from Pampered Chef. This includes training, marketing materials, and a network of other consultants who can offer advice and guidance. You will also have a dedicated support team to help you navigate any challenges you may face.

4. Is there a specific income goal I should aim for if I want to pitch Pampered Chef full time?

There is no set income goal you should aim for, as it will vary depending on your individual goals and circumstances. However, it's recommended to have a financial plan and set achievable goals for yourself. This can help you stay motivated and focused on building a successful full-time career with Pampered Chef.

5. How can I balance pitching Pampered Chef full time with other responsibilities, such as taking care of my children?

One of the great things about being a Pampered Chef consultant is the flexibility it offers. You can create your own schedule and work around your other responsibilities. For example, you can schedule parties and events during times that are convenient for you and your family. It's all about finding a balance that works for you and your family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Poll
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views