• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Full-Time Job: Tips for Balancing Home Childcare and PC Work

In summary, Kara is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is good at. She is also trying to find ways to make more money.
K_Jurich
Ok ladies, I do PC part time and I love it, but I also do home childcare full time. I want to GO back to work out of the home but I don't know where to start. . .I am not sure even really what I want to do. I know I need to make about $20 an hour if possible. I do have some college I actually have enough college credit for an AA but never aplied for it(it is for nursing) but since I have left school my heart just is not into the nursing field anymore so I would like to do something else. But where do I look. I also still want to have timefor PC. Any suggestion?:confused: :confused:

Well, I don't know if that is an average wage in Jersey, in NC the only jobs that pay that are ones that require a degree of some sort. But, good luck!!!!
Maybe you could see if your credits would transfer to another degree.

Yeah, in my area $20/hour is GOLD! What are your interests? Do you have a local job center or tech college where you could take an interest survey and get a feel for what is available in the area?

Why not do more shows? In November I did 6 shows and earned $1300. If you are consistent with your show schedule and your host coaching, you can budget with PC!

cmdtrgd said:
Why not do more shows? In November I did 6 shows and earned $1300. If you are consistent with your show schedule and your host coaching, you can budget with PC!

That was my thought exactly! Then again I'm really big on leaving my day job at Staples to work PC full time, I have no doubt that it can be done!

I am trying to do more shows, it is just getting the shows to do. My Mach and May look great but nothing for April. So thats why I figured I would do both til I could really get PC going Full time.

Kara - what you need to do is ask for what you want. Whenever you contact ANYONE let them know you are trying to increase your business and take it to the next level. Tell them you are planning a show blitz (5-7 shows in one week) and would they like to help by hosting or attending.

1. How can I balance working full-time for Pampered Chef with taking care of my children at home?

Balancing work and childcare can be challenging, but there are a few tips that can help. First, create a schedule that allows for dedicated work time and childcare time. This may mean working early in the morning or after the kids go to bed. You can also consider hiring a babysitter or enlisting the help of family members to watch the children while you work. Additionally, make use of technology such as video conferencing or online tools to stay connected with your team while working from home.

2. Is it possible to work full-time for Pampered Chef while also running my own home-based business?

Yes, it is possible to balance both roles, but it will require careful planning and time management. It may be helpful to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities when possible. Also, be sure to communicate clearly and set boundaries with both your Pampered Chef job and your home-based business to avoid burnout.

3. How can I make sure my Pampered Chef work doesn't interfere with my children's schedules and needs?

Communication is key when it comes to balancing work and childcare. Be open and honest with your team and communicate any scheduling conflicts or needs for flexible work hours. It may also be helpful to involve your children in your work by having them help with tasks or planning events, so they feel included and understand the importance of your job.

4. Can I bring my children to Pampered Chef events or parties?

While it may not be appropriate to bring young children to all events or parties, there may be some opportunities to involve them in a family-friendly way. For example, you may be able to bring your children to a cooking demonstration or have them help with setup or cleanup at a party. Just be sure to communicate with your host or team leader beforehand to make arrangements.

5. Is there a support system in place for working parents at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef values and supports working parents. You can connect with other working parents through our online community and seek advice and tips from those who have successfully balanced work and childcare. Additionally, you can reach out to your team leader or the company's HR department for any specific concerns or challenges you may be facing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • Poll
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views