• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Applying for Full-Time Job: Hoping for Prayers and Tips to Stand Out!

In summary, the person is applying for a full-time job with their old employer. They are qualified for the job and are looking for a job that will give them enough vacation time. They hope that their resume will be the only one that is ready.
pampchefrhondab
Well I've decided to apply for a full-time job:D ! I really kinda wanted to wait about 5 more years until my kids are all out of school, but this job is the perfect one for me which I am highly qualified for. This would be with my old employer so I could get my years of service back and my vacation time. That is why this is the only place I would consider working full-time for since other companies would only give me 2 weeks of vacation a year. We could also use the extra money since my oldest is starting college and the gas prices:yuck: !

I know this is a long shot since many people will be applying, but if you could please say a prayer for me that if this is meant to be that it happens for me.

I've completed my on-line resume and will be submitting it tomorrow (want to reveiw it one more time). Any tips on on-line resume's so I can stand out?

Thank you everyone!

I pray if this is God's will for you and your family, that you will be working full time very soon!

If I had tips on how to make an online resume stand out, I'd be selling them! :) I wish you the best of luck, and pray that your resume is the only one that they are able to ready because for some odd reason all other submitted resume's show up in binary code! :) 01110001010001011011110000- HAHAHAHAHA LOL

The only suggestion I have is to make sure you use some of the same wording in your experience that they use in the job description/requirements. Best wishes. I'll be praying.

That would be wonderful! Prayers coming your way!

Thank you so much! I applied - we will see what happens. I'm hoping to at least get an interview. I feel I at least have a chance if I get an interview.

What is the best way to stand out when applying for a full-time job?

The best way to stand out when applying for a full-time job is to tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job and company you are applying for. This shows that you have taken the time to research and understand the job requirements and company culture. Additionally, showcasing your relevant skills, experience, and achievements can make you stand out from other applicants.

How important is networking when applying for a full-time job?

Networking is very important when applying for a full-time job. Many job openings are not publicly advertised, and networking can help you learn about these hidden opportunities. Building professional relationships and connecting with people in your desired industry can also give you insider tips and recommendations, which can greatly increase your chances of standing out during the application process.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when applying for a full-time job?

Some common mistakes to avoid when applying for a full-time job include submitting a generic resume and cover letter, not proofreading your application materials, and not following the instructions provided by the employer. It is also important to avoid badmouthing previous employers or colleagues, as this can reflect poorly on your professionalism and character.

How can I make my application stand out in a competitive job market?

To make your application stand out in a competitive job market, it is important to showcase your unique skills, experiences, and achievements. You can also include relevant keywords and phrases from the job description in your resume and cover letter to catch the recruiter's attention. Additionally, consider creating a professional online presence, such as a LinkedIn profile, to showcase your skills and qualifications.

Is it necessary to follow up after submitting a job application?

Following up after submitting a job application can show your enthusiasm and interest in the position. However, it is important to follow the instructions provided by the employer and not to be too persistent or pushy. If the job posting specifically states not to follow up, it is best to respect their wishes and wait for a response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ragschef
  • General Chat
Replies