• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Number Pages in Microsoft Word for Science Projects

In summary, Microsoft Word is a word processing software program that allows users to create, edit, format, and save documents. It is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems and offers features such as spell checking, inserting images and tables, and creating graphs and charts. Users can collaborate with others on a document using real-time co-authoring, comments, and track changes. Microsoft Word is part of the larger Microsoft Office suite, which includes other programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
In doing my son's science project with him, we need to number the pages on the document...how do I set that up in Word?

From WORD help:

Add page numbers
Microsoft Word provides two ways to add page numbers. In either case, the page numbers appear in the header or footer at the top or bottom of the page.

Add basic page numbers to headers or footers

On the Insert menu, click Page Numbers.
In the Position box, specify whether to print page numbers in the header at the top of the page or in the footer at the bottom of the page.
In the Alignment box, specify whether to align page numbers left, center, or right relative to the left and right margins, or inside or outside relative to the inside and outside edges of pages that will be bound.
If you don't want a number on the first page, clear the Show number on first page check box.
Select any other options you want.

Add page numbers and other information, such as the date or time

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
If you want to position the page numbers at the bottom of the page, click Switch Between Header and Footer on the Header and Footer toolbar.
On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Insert Page Number .
Select any other options you want.

Note The page number is automatically inserted on the left margin of the header or footer. To move the page number to the center or the right, click in front of the page number in Header and Footer view and press the TAB key.

THANK YOU - both from me AND my son!!!

Related to How to Number Pages in Microsoft Word for Science Projects

1. What is Microsoft Word and what does it do?

Microsoft Word is a word processing software program that allows users to create, edit, format, and save documents. It also has features for spell checking, inserting images and tables, and creating graphs and charts.

2. Can I use Microsoft Word on a Mac?

Yes, Microsoft Word is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. However, some features may differ between the two versions.

3. How do I insert images into my document?

To insert an image into your document, click on the "Insert" tab, then click on "Pictures" and select the image you want to insert. You can also drag and drop an image directly into your document.

4. Can I collaborate with others on a Microsoft Word document?

Yes, Microsoft Word offers collaboration features such as real-time co-authoring, comments, and track changes. These allow multiple users to work on a document simultaneously and make edits and comments visible to all collaborators.

5. Is Microsoft Word the same as Microsoft Office?

No, Microsoft Word is just one program within the larger Microsoft Office suite. Other programs in the suite include Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. However, Microsoft Word is often referred to as just "Word" for short.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KaryCam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • lacychef