• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help From Dancers/ Parents of Dancers

In summary, my daughter has a science fair project that needs 50 data points (dancers). So far she has about 12. If you are a dancer and have ever taken dance lessons, your data would count. She needs to know how many pirouttes a dancer can do and their age. They can be either jazz or ballet pirouttes. The information she needs is first name, last initial, number of pirouttes, dancers age in years, and.
floccies
My 6th grade daughter has a science fair project she is working on that needs 50 data points (dancers). So far she has about 12. If you have ever taken dance lessons your data would count.

She needs to know how many pirouttes a dancer can do and their age. They can be either jazz or ballet pirouttes.

The information she needs is
first name
last initial
number of pirouttes
dancers age in years

Thank you! --- Every single response will get us closer to 50.

I haven't danced in years, but I guess it counts.Brittany F.
21The number isn't very high, but we didn't do pirouttes often in the classes I was in. Anyways, hope this helps!

O.k., it has been a long time for me as well and I am assuming you mean number of pirouttes in a row?

Shawna F

my daughter answered for you not sure if she can answer for bothAshley T
3 JAZZ
15Ashley T
2 Ballet (hasn't taken ballet since she was 3)

Thank you to those that have answered !! :>

We are still a long way from my daughter having 50 data points -- so anyone else a dancer/parent of a dancer?

When I told Hannah I had posted here and received 3 responses she got a big smile. 50 seems like alot to gather when you are 12-years-old.

Terri C

My DH, Mike G. danced professionally with Boston Ballet. At age 30, he could do 5.

When do you need all the info by?

I can ask my daughter later & get back with you.

I think we need everything by the April 15th. The Science Fair itself is the very beginning of May. So that should give her plenty of time to put everything in presentation form and write her conclusion.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Have you thought about calling a dance school and seeing if your daughter could come in and "interview" the dancers there?

candiejayne said:
Have you thought about calling a dance school and seeing if your daughter could come in and "interview" the dancers there?

She has been taking dance lessons for 8 years, the 12 that she has collected are from there. She seems to have a hard time asking the dancers she doesn't know.

If she is too shy to ask, maybe she could make a sign up sheet and hang it in the dressing room or another obvious place at her dance studio. She could have columns for the information she needs and tape up a pen on a string so dancers she doesn't know can participate.

If I can remember, I'll ask my daughter's dance teacher and maybe they can take down some info for me to pass along to you. She has classes on Wed. and Thurs.

my daughter asked some of her friends today when they danced at a benefitPayton m
11ryanne K
16Ashley p
16Katie E
14Brittany f
17ashley c
15ashlynn A

My daughter took dance for 15 years. I asked her and she said:
Jill
23 (her age now)

WOW -- she is up to 39! It doesn't seem so impossible to have 50+ now.

Thank you all very, very much!

1. What are some easy and healthy snacks for dancers?

Some great snack options for dancers include fruits like bananas and apples, energy bars, trail mix, and hummus with veggies or whole wheat crackers. It's important for dancers to fuel their bodies with nutritious foods to maintain their energy and stamina.

2. How can I help my dancer prevent injuries?

Proper warm-up and stretching before dancing is crucial in preventing injuries. Encourage your dancer to listen to their body and take breaks when needed. Also, make sure they have the proper dance shoes and equipment to support their movements.

3. How much water should dancers drink during a performance?

Dancers should aim to drink at least 8 ounces of water every hour leading up to the performance. During the performance, they should have small sips of water between routines to stay hydrated without feeling too full.

4. What are some tips for dealing with stage fright?

Some helpful tips for dealing with stage fright include deep breathing and positive self-talk. Encourage your dancer to focus on their breathing and positive affirmations before going on stage. Remind them that mistakes are natural and to have fun and enjoy the performance.

5. How can I support my child's passion for dance?

Supporting your child's passion for dance can involve attending their performances, providing them with the necessary dance equipment, and enrolling them in classes or workshops to continue improving their skills. Additionally, encourage them to express themselves through dance and offer emotional support and encouragement along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies