• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Keep Your Drinks Hot with the Carafe: Expert Answers

In summary, the Carafe is a great product that can keep drinks hot or cold for a long period of time. It has been tested and proven to keep boiling water hot for up to 12 hours and ice water cold for up to 4 days. It is a popular item among customers and is often purchased along with the Trifle Bowl, which has a removable stand. It has also been recommended by customers for its use in weight loss journeys.
raebates
Staff member
I have a host who's wondering whether the Carafe keeps drinks hot or just warm. I don't have that product, so I told her I would ask my wonderful friends. So, anyone have an answer for her?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I totally love the Carafe : ) When i first got it, I filled it with boiling water (6pm Thursday) 6AM on Friday Morning it was still 145 Degrees. 6pm Friday Night it was 125 (hotter than tap water)

Sat AM filled 1/2 way with Ice, 1/2 with water and I still had a few pieces of ice on MONDAYAM : )

Great thing! : )))))

Wow, thanks Gail. Now I know what to tell her. She's considering purchasing the Carafe as a 1/2 price item. She's planning to get the Trifle Bowl as her host special. She has one, but fell in love with the idea of the removable stand.

raebates said:
She's planning to get the Trifle Bowl as her host special. She has one, but fell in love with the idea of the removable stand.

I have a really nice Mikasa trifle bowl that I splurged on a couple of years ago, but I can't wait to get my PC trifle bowl!!

My sister was asking about the carafe. She couldn't decide between it and the trifle for her host special. She went with the trifle bowl, so I think I'll get her the carafe for her bday.

I can't speak of the new carafe since I haven't used it yet, but the old white carafe kept coffee from brewed hot for a party Friday night to lukewarm when I dumped it out Sunday afternoon. Definitely not still steaming but it was almost 48 hours later.

Yeah, I have the old one, but I rarely serve hot beverages. Most of my friends are the soda pop and iced tea types.

I use the carafe for hot and cold. I thought it was pricey at first, but after seeing how long it kept things hot or cold, I felt it was worth it.

gailscookingbiz: Thanks for the info! I will be using that from now on!

Gail - thanks for doing the research! I know that mine keeps water cold all day, but I've never tried to see just how long it will keep it cold.

Here is something I've been saying at my shows to sell the Carafe:

"I've been doing weight watchers for about 4 weeks now (7 lbs lighter too!) and one of the healthy guidelines is to drink at least 48 oz of water a day. I usually have a glass in the morning with my vitamins, and then I fill the Carafe w/ water and ice, and when it is gone, I know I've had 48 oz of water for the day. The great thing is, it's always icey cold water, w/o having ice cubes bumping my nose everytime I take a drink!"

raebates said:
Wow, thanks Gail. Now I know what to tell her. She's considering purchasing the Carafe as a 1/2 price item. She's planning to get the Trifle Bowl as her host special. She has one, but fell in love with the idea of the removable stand.
I'd have her do it the other way, If I was you!!! If she got the Carafe at 60% off she's spend less and getting the Trifle Bowl at 1/2 off of $39 is better than 1/2 off of $64 for the Carafe! That's just how I see it, I think you'd save her a few dollars and she'd be impressed with what you, her personal PC lady, did for her!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Gail - thanks for doing the research! I know that mine keeps water cold all day, but I've never tried to see just how long it will keep it cold.

Here is something I've been saying at my shows to sell the Carafe:

"I've been doing weight watchers for about 4 weeks now (7 lbs lighter too!) and one of the healthy guidelines is to drink at least 48 oz of water a day. I usually have a glass in the morning with my vitamins, and then I fill the Carafe w/ water and ice, and when it is gone, I know I've had 48 oz of water for the day. The great thing is, it's always icey cold water, w/o having ice cubes bumping my nose everytime I take a drink!"
Congrats on loosing the weight! I need to get up and get moving, I'm tired of feeling tired and having extra weight on! I need to start walking and eating right! My hardest struggle is that my man loves all the snacks so I buy it for him and when they are here, I struggle with staying away from them! I know that no one holds me down and forces me to eat, I'm not blaming anyone! I'm just struggling with my own will power! All though, the other day my hubby made a comment about the fact that he needed to "trim down" again and that he was "getting fluffy!" I told him that as soon as he was ready to let me know! I also told him that as soon as the Easter snacks were gone and my son's birthday treats were gone, that I would not buy anything else to put in the house unless it was healthy! Sooooo.... maybe I'll have good news to report soon too!:)

Thanks, Cathy. At this point she is DEFINITE about getting the Trifle Bowl. She had asked me if it was possible to get both host specials. I told her that she can only get one, but she can get the other at 50% off. If she chooses to do that, I'll be sure to point out that this is the better deal.

I'm all for impressing people!

The great part is that she's seriously considering doing a May catalog show, too. She likes the pink bowls. She thinks she can get enough orders together to make it a legitimate show. I told her I would bring the HWC products with me. We'll set up a second little station and take orders for that show on the same day. (She's doing an Open House, so it should be fairly simple to do.)

Woo hoo! Two, two, two shows in one!

MissChef Congrats on loosing the weight! I need to get up and get moving said:
Cathy,
My big problem wasn't (isn't) so much the foods I'm eating, it's the quantities of food! I am a mindless eater! My favorite place to be is the kitchen - I love to cook, and I cook to relieve stress, I cook to relax, I cook when I'm happy, I cook when I'm angry or frustrated......and of course, while I'm cooking, I'm tasting and adjusting etc.....and then I have a very bad habit of cleaning my toddler's plate. I NEEDED Weight Watcher's to help me see what I was actually eating over the course of a day! I love the fact that I still eat all the same things (I'm a very healthy eater to begin with) and still have treats - but now they are in moderation, and I'm learning that I don't have to eat everything in sight every day.......for instance, I decided against chips at lunch on Saturday, because I knew we were going for a walk to the Ice Cream Stand Saturday evening! It makes me feel good to be in control of my eating habits again! My DH and I do Pilates together 3 mornings a week....and we ride our bikes quite often when the weather is decent - that helps in the exercise dept. I joined WW online, because I couldn't find a WW group that had meetings that fit my schedule. Good Luck in your journey to get healthy! :D

The carafe will definitely keep things hot (or cold), especially if you prime it according to the Use and Care card.

For hot beverages, fill the carafe with very hot tap water while your beverage is being prepared. Dump it out and then fill with the beverage.

For cold: fill carafe with cold water and an ice cube or 2. Let sit for a few minutes before emptying and filling with beverage.

Priming the carafe gets the liner and air layer acclimated to the appropriate temp. Filling the carafe all the way also helps keep beverages at the appropriate temp, since there's more thermal mass to hold the heat.

Another thing it's good for is keeping sauces warm without getting icky. So throw out the gravy boat, and put your warm gravy in your carafe!

I've decided to just copy and paste all this wonderful information into a document for her. She'll be thrilled!

1. How long does the carafe keep drinks hot?

The carafe is designed to keep drinks hot for up to 12 hours. However, the exact duration may vary depending on the type of drink and the surrounding temperature.

2. Can I use the carafe for both hot and cold drinks?

Yes, the carafe is versatile and can be used for both hot and cold drinks. It is designed to keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for an extended period of time.

3. How do I clean the carafe?

The carafe is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water for best results. Make sure to rinse and dry thoroughly before use.

4. Is the carafe leak-proof?

Yes, the carafe is designed to be leak-proof and spill-proof. It has a secure lid with a silicone seal to prevent any leaks or spills.

5. Can I use the carafe for carbonated drinks?

It is not recommended to use the carafe for carbonated drinks as the pressure from the carbonation can cause the lid to pop open and create a mess. Stick to using it for hot or cold non-carbonated drinks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chesse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chesse
  • DebbieJ