• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Mix the Itty Bitty Bevs as Non-Alcoholic Drinks?

In summary, there are several ways to make a non-alcoholic version of the Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita drink mix. One option is to use ginger ale or lemon-lime soda instead of alcohol. Another option is to use just water or sparkling water with the mix. Some people have also tried using half the recommended amount of mix to make it more affordable. Additionally, adding an orange wedge to rim the cups can add a hint of orange flavor. However, some people are sad that the lemon sprinkles used for rimming are being discontinued.
chefliz
Gold Member
:confused: I know there surely is a way, but I want it to taste good-have any of you found a way to serve our Itty Bitty Bevs without alcohol? I was going to try ginger ale, but I was so afraid of wasting the Margarita Mix. Should I use this or Sprite? I just wondered because I have some customers that simply don't drink and would like to market this to them as well.

Here is a recipe shared by another director on a loop I am part of. You could also just use water or sparkling water with the mix for a non-alcohol version of the drink.

ITTY BITTY BEVS MARGARITA DRINK MIX PIE AND BARS
(Pie)
1--graham cracker crust (regular size)
8 oz. cool whip, thawed
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
4 T. margarita drink mix (dry) (one package will make (2) pies)
zest of one small lime

In Classic Batter Bowl dissolve drink mix in sweetened condensed milk, fold in
cool whip and put in graham cracker crust. Garnish with fresh lime zest.
Freeze for 30-45 minutes. Slice & serve. Very refreshing and yummy!
Perfect for a cool, refreshing no-bake dessert!!

( Bars)
In Small Batter Bowl mix 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar, 6 Tbsp melted butter or margarine. Press in bottom of Medium Sheet Pan. Bake in 350⁰ oven for 8 min. Cool completely.
When crust is cooled make filling as above. Spread in pan and freeze for 30 min. Slice into serving pieces, top with Cool Whip swirl using Easy Accent Decorator, garnish with lime zest. Serve and enjoy. Makes 24 Serves

we used regular water & ice at my fajita party and they loved it! (my daughter did, too!)

How many times can I hit the "Like" button? Sounds yummy!

sushimommy said:
we used regular water & ice at my fajita party and they loved it! (my daughter did, too!)

The first time we used just water and the mix served over ice. It was very good. The second time we used the alcohol recipe but forgot the triple sec and people still liked it. So I think it is very flexible.

I personally wonder if you could stretch it and use half of the mix or x tbsp or something since making it as a non-alcoholic drink seems pretty pricy. I haven't priced the drink mixes in the liquor store, etc but I think it is an easier sell to market as an alcoholic drink then just as a favored beverage.

Tracy99 said:
The first time we used just water and the mix served over ice. It was very good. The second time we used the alcohol recipe but forgot the triple sec and people still liked it. So I think it is very flexible. I personally wonder if you could stretch it and use half of the mix or x tbsp or something since making it as a non-alcoholic drink seems pretty pricy. I haven't priced the drink mixes in the liquor store, etc but I think it is an easier sell to market as an alcoholic drink then just as a favored beverage.
Tracy - I almost wonder if you used a lemon-lime soda if you could use half the mix - i think i will try it that way when i get more. that would also let you make a gallon from one mix instead of 2 quarts :) also, when i rim the cups and salt them (sugar for my kids), i use an orange wedge instead of lime - adds that little bit of orangey flavor that is missing in the non-alcoholic because of the triple sec.

sushimommy said:
Tracy - I almost wonder if you used a lemon-lime soda if you could use half the mix - i think i will try it that way when i get more. that would also let you make a gallon from one mix instead of 2 quarts :) also, when i rim the cups and salt them (sugar for my kids), i use an orange wedge instead of lime - adds that little bit of orangey flavor that is missing in the non-alcoholic because of the triple sec.

I like the orange idea! I use the lemon sprinkles instead of salt. So sad they're going away.

sushimommy said:

Please be sure to report back about the lemon-lime soda test. Sounds like it might be a great plan!:)

We used 7up and it was good!

Sparkling water was suggested by Home office

I thought it was very "limey" as well.. I thought about freezing it (aftermixing with the alchohol) and then using the ice scream scoop to scoop into glasses and adding 7-up or sprite.. I think would stretch it too.. I'm going to try this for my open house at the end of the month.

Last night we tried the Cucumber Mojito mixed with plain water and served over ice and it was awesome and refreshing. There is NOTHING on the market to make Mojitos from a mix that is as good as the new Pampered Chef mix! (Some people thought it was too minty but adding some bruised cucumber peel or even slices might tone the mint down a bit if it's too strong for you.) Repeat - love, love, loved it! :love:​

I used a 2 liter sprite in the margarita mix and it was very good. But it is a little pricey to use at home just for casual use.

Has anyone tried yet making less of the mix? Sixteen servings is a bit much, but if we can make half or better yet, a quarter of it, then I can live with it. Occasionally I make a margarita, but would never make a pitcher, and I dont entertain enough to justify it. I have a couple of these from the freebies and from my samples....I would like to try them. I definitely am going to try the mock key lime pie recipe someone else came up with in another thread!!

Ok, if you look at the ingredients listed, it's basically limeade...I think you could mix it with anything...

I hate to say this, but I think the LACK of non-alcoholic directions on the box is yet another HO screw-up. Why mention it to us at all and not put any directions on the box? I haven't yet used either of my mixes, but with an alcoholic spouse, there is only one way I can mix them in this house...

lt1jane said:
I hate to say this, but I think the LACK of non-alcoholic directions on the box is yet another HO screw-up. Why mention it to us at all and not put any directions on the box? I haven't yet used either of my mixes, but with an alcoholic spouse, there is only one way I can mix them in this house...

There is now a label on the boxes suggesting the non alcoholic version.

wadesgirl said:

Lol.....ok, all of these mistakes...wow. It is almost funny. Almost. But glad they are fixing things. Keeping my fingers crossed they continue to fix them, and also that it is not an indication of things to come (new software).

esavvymom said:
Lol.....ok, all of these mistakes...wow. It is almost funny. Almost. But glad they are fixing things. Keeping my fingers crossed they continue to fix them, and also that it is not an indication of things to come (new software).

you HAD to go and say that!!! It's like at work, I work retail (pharmacy) you never mention the "q" word because when you do, you get slammed...

wadesgirl said:

I'm glad, I still have my two freebies and have not ordered any yet...

lt1jane said:
I'm glad, I still have my two freebies and have not ordered any yet...

The two I ordered on the sample list had the labels on them!

wadesgirl said:
The two I ordered on the sample list had the labels on them!

Interesting...I'm so glad they fixed it!

On the plus side, thanks everyone for your input! I just made the Cucumber Mojito mix with water and it is DELICIOUS!!! And I can't wait to try the Margarita Pie recipe. :love:

Can you make it with "club soda"? Is club soda the same as sparkling water?

1PamperedMommy said:
Can you make it with "club soda"? Is club soda the same as sparkling water?
I think it would be good, but don't know. I tried Ginger Ale and liked the fizzy effect, but it was a little sweet for me. I always drink diet soda and would probably use the diet version of Ginger Ale next time. Club Soda might be a good alternative for me as it wouldn't have that sweet flavor.

1. Can I mix the Itty Bitty Bevs with any type of non-alcoholic drink?

Yes, you can mix the Itty Bitty Bevs with any type of non-alcoholic drink. The Itty Bitty Bevs are versatile and can be mixed with juices, sodas, and even water to create delicious mocktails.

2. Are the Itty Bitty Bevs safe for children to consume?

Yes, the Itty Bitty Bevs are safe for children to consume. They do not contain any alcohol and are made with all-natural ingredients.

3. Can I use the Itty Bitty Bevs in cooking or baking?

Yes, the Itty Bitty Bevs can be used in cooking and baking. They can add a unique flavor to desserts, marinades, and sauces.

4. How many servings does one Itty Bitty Bev packet make?

One Itty Bitty Bev packet makes approximately 2-3 servings, depending on how strong you prefer your drink to be.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make the Itty Bitty Bev non-alcoholic drinks?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make the Itty Bitty Bev non-alcoholic drinks. Simply mix the packet with your desired non-alcoholic drink and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
  • naekelsey