1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths How to do a booth/fair?

1. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

This has probably already been discussed many times over, but what do I need if I do a Holiday Bazaar? Assuming I have no inventory (I don't!), what do I take? Just all of my samples, catalogs and order forms? Should I do a raffle for something? The one I am considering is also a fundraiser, so they want a small product (??) to raffle off and 10% of sales. Is this just the sales at the show or sales from any parties I book?
    Thanks

2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I usually set up a display with popular items and seasonal items- borrow things from my director. I have one coming up in two weeks and this is what my display will include- I will use the snowman tablecloth (borrowing my director's, didn't make it to conference this year), popular items such as DCB, mandolin, food chopper, my tool turnabout loaded with stuff, a few cookbooks to display (especially the holiday desserts one), trifle bowl filled with XMas balls, small bowl/caddy set with red and white peppermint candies, cranberry Simple Additions pieces, beaded serving pieces, a few Bamboo serving pieces, snowman platter and app plates

I will do a drawing for a free cooking show- I have guests fill out customer care forms and put them in a batter bowl (everyone wins, btw- they just don't know that ;) )

I don't hand out catalogs or have them out on the table. I have one or two catalogs in binders available for guests to flip through if they'd like to place an order. If they want a catalog they must fill out a customer care form- I will mail it to them and follow up with them after they've received it. Putting out/handing out catalogs at an event like this is a good way to quickly loose catalogs!

As far as the raffle, you can just give them something small- for my upcoming fair we're giving them the 1-2-3 dip set to raffle off. Maybe we'll put it in a cute little basket with a catalog. As far as the donation, just sales from this actual event- not from bookings, but they would get $3 from each booking. I would set it up as a fundraiser in P3.

GL and enjoy!

Oh, and be sure to have plenty of recipe cards with your info to hand out- that is what I always hand out to people at fairs. That and a coupon for $5 off their next order or something similar if you're feeling generous :p

Nov 5, 2009
    jmberrye likes this.
  3. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks for the great tips!!!:chef:

4. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I've done a booth like that. Turn your booth into a fundraiser show for them and they automaticly get 10 or 15%. Once you leave for the day, any future sales or bookings are just yours. Make the give away item something that you can get back as the host of the fundraiser for 60% off.

Nov 5, 2009
Have something to add?