• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at a Booth/Fair: Tips for Holiday Bazaar Vendors

In summary, the conversation discussed tips and strategies for setting up a successful display at a holiday bazaar, including borrowing items from a director, having a variety of popular and seasonal products on display, and offering a raffle for a free cooking show. The conversation also mentioned the importance of not handing out catalogs at the event, but having them available for guests to request, and using recipe cards and coupons as promotional materials. Lastly, the conversation briefly touched on the idea of donating a portion of sales to the event and setting it up as a fundraiser in P3.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
This has probably already been discussed many times over, but what do I need if I do a Holiday Bazaar? Assuming I have no inventory (I don't!), what do I take? Just all of my samples, catalogs and order forms? Should I do a raffle for something? The one I am considering is also a fundraiser, so they want a small product (??) to raffle off and 10% of sales. Is this just the sales at the show or sales from any parties I book?
Thanks

I usually set up a display with popular items and seasonal items- borrow things from my director. I have one coming up in two weeks and this is what my display will include- I will use the snowman tablecloth (borrowing my director's, didn't make it to conference this year), popular items such as DCB, mandolin, food chopper, my tool turnabout loaded with stuff, a few cookbooks to display (especially the holiday desserts one), trifle bowl filled with XMas balls, small bowl/caddy set with red and white peppermint candies, cranberry Simple Additions pieces, beaded serving pieces, a few Bamboo serving pieces, snowman platter and app plates

I will do a drawing for a free cooking show- I have guests fill out customer care forms and put them in a batter bowl (everyone wins, btw- they just don't know that ;) )

I don't hand out catalogs or have them out on the table. I have one or two catalogs in binders available for guests to flip through if they'd like to place an order. If they want a catalog they must fill out a customer care form- I will mail it to them and follow up with them after they've received it. Putting out/handing out catalogs at an event like this is a good way to quickly loose catalogs!

As far as the raffle, you can just give them something small- for my upcoming fair we're giving them the 1-2-3 dip set to raffle off. Maybe we'll put it in a cute little basket with a catalog. As far as the donation, just sales from this actual event- not from bookings, but they would get $3 from each booking. I would set it up as a fundraiser in P3.

GL and enjoy!

Oh, and be sure to have plenty of recipe cards with your info to hand out- that is what I always hand out to people at fairs. That and a coupon for $5 off their next order or something similar if you're feeling generous :p

kdangel518 said:
I usually set up a display with popular items and seasonal items- borrow things from my director. I have one coming up in two weeks and this is what my display will include- I will use the snowman tablecloth (borrowing my director's, didn't make it to conference this year), popular items such as DCB, mandolin, food chopper, my tool turnabout loaded with stuff, a few cookbooks to display (especially the holiday desserts one), trifle bowl filled with XMas balls, small bowl/caddy set with red and white peppermint candies, cranberry Simple Additions pieces, beaded serving pieces, a few Bamboo serving pieces, snowman platter and app plates

I will do a drawing for a free cooking show- I have guests fill out customer care forms and put them in a batter bowl (everyone wins, btw- they just don't know that ;) )

I don't hand out catalogs or have them out on the table. I have one or two catalogs in binders available for guests to flip through if they'd like to place an order. If they want a catalog they must fill out a customer care form- I will mail it to them and follow up with them after they've received it. Putting out/handing out catalogs at an event like this is a good way to quickly loose catalogs!

As far as the raffle, you can just give them something small- for my upcoming fair we're giving them the 1-2-3 dip set to raffle off. Maybe we'll put it in a cute little basket with a catalog. As far as the donation, just sales from this actual event- not from bookings, but they would get $3 from each booking. I would set it up as a fundraiser in P3.

GL and enjoy!

Oh, and be sure to have plenty of recipe cards with your info to hand out- that is what I always hand out to people at fairs. That and a coupon for $5 off their next order or something similar if you're feeling generous :p

Thanks for the great tips!!!:chef:

cookingwithdot said:
This has probably already been discussed many times over, but what do I need if I do a Holiday Bazaar? Assuming I have no inventory (I don't!), what do I take? Just all of my samples, catalogs and order forms? Should I do a raffle for something? The one I am considering is also a fundraiser, so they want a small product (??) to raffle off and 10% of sales. Is this just the sales at the show or sales from any parties I book?
Thanks

I've done a booth like that. Turn your booth into a fundraiser show for them and they automaticly get 10 or 15%. Once you leave for the day, any future sales or bookings are just yours. Make the give away item something that you can get back as the host of the fundraiser for 60% off.

for your helpHi there! I can definitely understand your concerns about preparing for a Holiday Bazaar. It sounds like you're on the right track by thinking about taking your samples, catalogs, and order forms. Those are definitely essentials to have on hand at any event. As for a raffle, that's a great idea! It's always a good idea to offer something special or exclusive to draw in potential customers. As for the fundraiser aspect, it's important to clarify with the organizers if they want a percentage of sales from just the event, or any parties that are booked as a result of the event. It's always best to communicate and make sure everyone is on the same page. Best of luck at the Bazaar! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. How can I attract more customers to my booth at a fair?

To attract more customers to your booth at a fair, make sure your display is eye-catching and visually appealing. Offer samples of your products, have a demonstration or cooking show, and provide special promotions or discounts. Engage with passersby by greeting them and offering information about your products. You can also use social media to promote your participation in the fair and generate buzz.

2. What products should I bring to a fair?

It is important to bring a variety of products to a fair to appeal to different customers. Consider bringing some of your best-selling products, as well as new and seasonal items. You may also want to bring a mix of higher-priced and lower-priced items to cater to different budgets. Don't forget to bring enough inventory to restock throughout the fair.

3. How can I effectively set up my booth at a fair?

When setting up your booth at a fair, make sure to have a clear and organized display. Use tablecloths and props to create a cohesive and visually appealing display. Place your products at eye level and make sure they are easily accessible for customers to touch and try. Consider using signage and banners to promote your brand and products. Don't forget to have business cards and order forms readily available.

4. What should I bring for my booth set up?

In addition to your products, you may want to bring a table or two, tablecloths, signage, banners, and any necessary props for your display. It is also helpful to have a cash box, order forms, business cards, and any other promotional materials. Don't forget to bring any necessary equipment for demonstrations or cooking shows, as well as samples of your products.

5. How can I make the most of my time at a fair?

To make the most of your time at a fair, it is important to be organized and prepared. Make a schedule for breaks and restocking, and stick to it. Engage with customers and be knowledgeable about your products. Take advantage of networking opportunities and connect with other vendors. Follow up with potential customers after the fair to continue the relationship and potentially make a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies