• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi Friends,I See Lots of People Mention Doing Fairs and Booths.

In summary, participating in fairs and booths means renting a booth at an event, displaying products, and collecting orders. This can lead to earning host benefits and bookings for future shows. It also provides an opportunity to make new contacts and potentially recruit new consultants. However, be prepared for walk-up customers with warranty issues and have information ready to direct them to corporate for assistance. Overall, participating in fairs and booths can be a fun way to get out of the house, socialize with adults, and grow your business.
msmileyface
Hi friends,

I see lots of people mention doing fairs and booths. What exactly does this mean? Do you just get space at a craft show or bazaar and try to get people to book, or do you demonstrate/sell actual items, do you take catalog orders, etc? I just unfamiliar.

Thanks!

Re: Fairs/BoothsHaving products on hand to sell is called "cash & carry" and it's totally up to you if you do that or not.Yes, many of us rent a booth at an event, display products & collect orders. If you collect enough orders, you can add them together & make a catalog show out of it, with YOU as the host. Therefore YOU get the host benefits. :DGetting 2 or 3 (or 10) bookings is really where you can justify the cost of the booth. So when someone mentions how much they LOVE the product, that's when you jump in & suggest that they host a show to earn products for free and at a discount. :DI'm a stay-at-home Mom, so just getting out of the house for a few hours and talking to other adults without the distraction of my little ones is lots of fun for me. I was doing a monthly booth here on the military base in Japan. My average was $200-$250 in sales and 2-3 bookings. Since the military is about to move us to a new location, I've handed the booth down to my team. I'm not working it any longer. But I plan to look for booth events in my new location. They make life so much easier!Oh, and look at the progression of what a booth can do for you: someone picked up my business card at a booth > ended up calling me to order something > started stopping by my booth monthly to say hello > saw me again when she was a guest at a show > booked a show > signed up to be a consultant!Another example: booth customer booked a show > guest at her show booked a show > guest decided to be a consultant & is signing in 2 days, her grand opening is in 3 days!You can definitely make contacts "outside your circle" very quickly doing booths! :DBe prepared though, you'll also get the walk-ups who have a broken item & want you to solve the problem. So go prepared to give them the info on how to call corporate & check on their warranty issues and/or order replacement parts. ;) I usually write 1-888-OUR-CHEF on the back of one of my business cards & hand it to them as I'm explaining that they will need to call, give their name & the address where they were living at the time they made the purchase (all military customers here, so everyone of us are moving every 2-4 years!), and then explain how corporate can look up their purchase & verify when it was purchased & if the warranty is still in tact. ;)

A fair or booth typically refers to participating in a craft show, bazaar, or market where vendors set up booths or tables to sell their products or services. This can be a great opportunity for direct sales consultants to showcase and sell their products, as well as network and build relationships with potential customers. Some consultants may choose to demonstrate their products, offer samples or giveaways, and take orders on the spot. Others may have catalogs available for customers to browse and place orders later. It ultimately depends on the consultant's preference and the rules and regulations of the specific event.

1. What types of fairs and booths do you typically participate in?

At Pampered Chef, we attend a variety of fairs and booths including craft fairs, farmer's markets, home shows, and community events. We also host our own booths at company events and fundraisers.

2. How do you set up your booth for a successful event?

We have a standard booth set up that includes a demonstration table, product displays, and marketing materials such as catalogs and order forms. We also make sure to have plenty of samples and giveaways to attract visitors to our booth.

3. What are the benefits of participating in fairs and booths?

Fairs and booths are a great way for us to connect with potential customers and showcase our products in person. It also allows us to network with other businesses and gain exposure in the local community.

4. How do you handle sales and transactions at a booth?

We have a mobile payment system that allows us to accept credit and debit card payments right at our booth. We also have order forms and catalogs available for customers to make purchases at a later time.

5. Do you offer any special discounts or promotions at fairs and booths?

Yes, we often offer exclusive discounts and promotions at our booth to incentivize customers to make a purchase. We also have special deals for hostesses who book parties at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • yumyummum
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
yumyummum
  • kcmckay