• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Avoid Muffin Tops and Whale Tails at the County Fair?

In summary, these high wasted pants don't look good on most people, and they are not a style that is going to last.

High-Waist Trousers?

• Yes, I love the high-waist look!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need a couple years for 'the look' to sink in...

• No, never!

• Total voters
chefkugler
Fair slipsDoes anyone have a special survey slip they use just for fairs? My cluster is doing our county fair next week and this is the first time, that I'm doing this for my cluster.
Any suggestions is a appreciated.
Thanks

I have seen several celebrities wear these already--Rihanna on TRL, for one--and they look horrible! :yuck: I have learned never to say *never*, as far as fashion is concerned [I eventually eat my words], but this is one style I don't think I can give in to. I think they are extremely unflattering! :rolleyes:

Didn't we USED to wear those back in the days of St Elmos Fire and stuff? I distinctly remember owning a pair of pants that zipped clear up to my ribcage.

I don't remember them looking as bad as these do. It's just looks repulsive to me. :p

Not sure yet, but I am tired of the muffin top and whale tails!

I personally try to cover my "baby fat" not flaunt it!

The only highwasted trouser I remember wearing was Z cavarricci baby! :)

I'm glad to see the low waists go away. They just don't flatter that many people.I don't think we need "up to the ribcage" high waists, but higher than they've been of late.

Doesn't is seem like fashion goes from one extremem to the other. I hate when I go to the store and the colors of the season are yellows, oranges and greens - Especially neons. Those colors look good on SO few people

I know! A lot of these 80s styles that are out right now just do NOT look good on me. I'm trying to lose more weight before I buy more clothes anyway, but I do need some more warm blouses and sweaters... and I have to pick and choose VERY carefully because this stuff has GOT to last more than one season and if it's all trendy-weird I can't do that.

I don't like the mini dress trend - Seem to b kind of baby doll and empire waist styles mostly I don't think it looks good even on models and celebrities - Who usually look great in so many different things

It's not really high waisted but I wish I could find stuff again that hits MY waist - The low and mid rise stuff doesn't look good on me but the extreme high waist is too extreme

janetupnorth said:
Not sure yet, but I am tired of the muffin top and whale tails!

I personally try to cover my "baby fat" not flaunt it!

What are muffin top and whale tails?

friday said:
What are muffin top and whale tails?

LOL! Muffin tops are when someone is wearing low waisted pants and the fat rolls can clearly be seen above them because of the higher shirts - they look like a muffin top...

Whale tails are when someone wears the same low waisted pants and when they bend over you see the thong sticking out the back of their pants and it looks like a whale tail.

I saw one of the ladies on the Today show wearing high wasted pants. They are skinny with long legs. I am not skinny and I have short legs.

friday said:
Didn't we USED to wear those back in the days of St Elmos Fire and stuff? I distinctly remember owning a pair of pants that zipped clear up to my ribcage.

OMG... LOL Quite the visual friday!

janetupnorth said:
LOL! Muffin tops are when someone is wearing low waisted pants and the fat rolls can clearly be seen above them because of the higher shirts - they look like a muffin top...

Whale tails are when someone wears the same low waisted pants and when they bend over you see the thong sticking out the back of their pants and it looks like a whale tail.

Oh THAT. I had never heard terms put to those nasty things before.

Related to How to Avoid Muffin Tops and Whale Tails at the County Fair?

1. What are high-waist trousers?

High-waist trousers are pants that sit above the natural waistline, typically around the belly button. They provide more coverage and support than regular trousers and have a flattering, elongating effect on the legs.

2. How do I know if high-waist trousers will fit me?

It's best to refer to the size chart provided by the brand or retailer to determine your correct size. High-waist trousers should fit snugly around the waist without being too tight or uncomfortable. You can also try them on in person to ensure the best fit.

3. Can high-waist trousers be dressed up or down?

Yes, high-waist trousers can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. They can be paired with a blouse and heels for a more formal look, or with a t-shirt and sneakers for a casual, everyday outfit.

4. What body type looks best in high-waist trousers?

High-waist trousers are a versatile style that can work for many body types. They are especially flattering for those with an hourglass or pear-shaped figure as they accentuate the waist and create a balanced silhouette. However, anyone can rock a pair of high-waist trousers with the right fit and styling.

5. How do I care for high-waist trousers?

High-waist trousers can typically be washed in the washing machine on a gentle cycle and hung to dry. It's best to follow the care instructions provided by the brand or retailer to ensure the longevity of your trousers. Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents and iron on a low setting if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
PCMelissa
  • straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies