• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Often Before You Write a Host Off?

In summary, the host has rescheduled for a different date. The other person is still interested in the show, but is hesitant to book because the host has not responded to messages.
lisacb77
I have a host that booked for 9/8. She booked about 2 weeks ago. I got the host packet out to her in about a week's time. I was scheduled for my call #1 with her this week. I have called at least 4 times since Saturday and no response at all. She just started a new job so no number there yet, just home & cell (but now she works part of time from home).

I was hesitant to schedule with her in the first place as she's a former co-worker and HORRIBLE on follow-through. But I try not to judge. And she was so excited about 1/2 price cookware.

My question is this. In a few days, the message is going to change from "calling to follow up w/you on your show" to "let me know if you are still going to do this b/c if not, I can release the date to someone else...let me know either way."

I'm not jumping the gun am I? After all, we're 2 weeks out on Friday. If she's not in, I have time to rebook another one at some pt that weekend. But if she's on, she's about an hour away, so I wouldn't want to do multiples that weekend.

Thanks!

Let her know that you plan on being at her house at a certain time and if she doesn't call you back, you will get the ingredients and give her the receipt in order to be reimbursed. Or, let her know nicely, but firmly, that you are in this as a business and that you need to make sure that you don't lose out on work...she knows how that is...and you need to make sure that she really wants to do this or to let you know to schedule someone else.If either of those don't elicit a response in a day or two...let her know you need to know by a certain day...then drop her and schedule someone else. Make sure you let her know that you are doing that so you don't lose out on possible customers. You might want to drop her a note in the mail or even drop by her house to make sure she gets the info.

I have a host that has rescheduled for 8/29 and I still don't think she's doing the show. She was coming by to pickup her host packet and doesn't even have that yet and we're 4 days away from her show date. I've decided unless she gives me a guest list, I'm not going to plan another show. She just isn't going to follow through. I'm going to take advice from other people and start sending out my own invitations after I get their guest list.

Jeanie

Thanks ladies. That helps.

Thing is I have not talked to her or gotten an email back since I booked her almost three weeks ago. I may take that "business" approach. I figured when I got to talk to her, I'd offer to do the invites even tho I sent them to her already. But now that is looking like an IF I talk to her.

That makes me feel better about the whole thing. It's her loss, I figure. I just don't know right now where I'll find another host so quick! I really wanted 4 shows for my Sept!

I had a host I met through a fair. We discussed a date but didn't confirm a time. I e-mailed, called and figured it was a loss cause. Seven days before the show, she says "yes, I've been out of town but send me a packet." There were seven people at her show and it closed at $500 with two bookings. I was pleased because it was the week before school started and no one else has wanted to do anything until after Labor Day.

I didn't have a need to give the date to someone else so it didn't matter to me. Some people as verbally telling their friends and neighbors and forget to tell you that they are planning on it.

good luck either way....

Thanks Bee. There is hope if I don't rebook!

I actually do have someone interested in that weekend now. So I didn't feel as bad leaving this gal a message today that I needed to know either way if that date still worked, if it didn't, I understand but just need to know (she just started a new job so I told her if it was too hectic now, we could do later, but this is my biz and I told the other gal that I would check with her first before giving the date away). I hope that sparks a response. I will now wait about 2 days to call back, but will follow-up with my potential over the weekend.

I just hate to lose out with this being the big stoneware month! So if she's postponing, fine but I want to rebook!

Thanks all!

My husband is a DJ and he uses this when he doesn't hear from people: (greeting) We keep missing each other (or I haven't heard from you) and I wanted to give you a call because I just got another call for your date. As soon as possible, if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor, give me a call and let me know if you still want to have your show, if not, that's OK, I just wanted to give you the option before I call this other person back because you booked first." He ALWAYS gets a response.

Thanks Anne! I like that and I will need to use that next time (though I hope there isn't one again, I'm sure there will be!).

You're welcome... oh, and to actually answer your question, I have hosts that I have been calling for a year, I just call them once a month or so to check in. I had thought doing it was useless until I had a host call me back and schedule a show, and sign up a month later and I know she's going to be my best consultant. If this question had been posted in May, I would have given you a very different answer! LOL SO, just keep at it!

Okay, great. If I can get the date rebooked, I'll just keep calling her each month to let her know the new special and see if it's a good time. Thanks again!

Update...she FINALLY emailed me today! Turns out she's had some stuff going on w/her house, and the original date is not good but she does want to reschedule as she's already been talking it up and has interest.

So I let her know some of my next available dates. And this frees me up to rebook that weekend. Which is great b/c now I have TWO potential hosts for that! Yahoo!

Thanks for all the ideas & support :D

YEA!!!!!!!

You just never know!!! HTH

Related to How Often Before You Write a Host Off?

How Often Before You Write a Host Off?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that sometimes a host may not be able to follow through with their party plans. That's why we have a system in place for when a host has not yet submitted an order. Here are the top five questions we receive about this situation:

1. What is the timeframe for a host to submit an order?

We ask that hosts submit their orders within two weeks after their party date. This allows enough time for guests to place their orders and for the host to collect any late orders.

2. Can a host still submit an order after the two-week timeframe?

Yes, a host can still submit an order after the two-week timeframe. However, they will not receive any host rewards or incentives. The order will be treated as a regular customer order.

3. What happens if the host does not submit an order within the two-week timeframe?

If the host does not submit an order within the two-week timeframe, we will mark them as a "no show" and they will not receive any host rewards or incentives. We will also follow up with them to see if they would like to reschedule their party.

4. Can a host cancel their party after it has been scheduled?

Yes, a host can cancel their party at any time before the party date. However, if they do not submit an order within the two-week timeframe, they will be marked as a "no show" and will not receive any host rewards or incentives.

5. Can a host reschedule their party if they cannot make the original date?

Yes, a host can reschedule their party as long as they notify us at least two days before the original party date. This will give us enough time to update our records and inform any guests who have already RSVP'd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies