• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Did a 5-Year-Old Raise for UNICEF?

In summary, a mother shares how proud she is of her 5-year-old daughter who took the initiative to raise money for UNICEF. The daughter emptied her piggy bank and then went on to raise $254 by canvassing the neighborhood. She now wants to raise $1500 to help build latrines for boys and girls in need. The mother is touched by her daughter's compassion and determination and is asking for fundraising ideas for her and her brothers to do independently. One suggestion is a quarter drive, which has proven to be successful in raising money for a friend's son's fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. The mother is proud of her daughter and her sons for being caring and giving individuals.
peichef
I am so proud of my 5 y.o. DD. Last week, the kids were given envelopes to collect money for UNICEF as part of their Trick or Treat for UNICEF campaign. DD really took the idea to heart. The morning after she received the envelop, she came to me with her piggy bank, wanting to empty it to make a donation to the cause. She took all but the pennies & put the $$ in her envelope. But, she had decided that her $$ wasn't enough so she asked if I'd help her raise more $$.
So that night she canvassed our neighbourhood, telling the neighbours that she is trying to raise $250 for UNICEF. We set her up on the UNICEF website & sent emails to a few relatives....

She has raised $254 :) And she has more donations still to collect. Now she wants to raise $1500. (She has no concept of just how much $$ that is.) once she turns in her $250+, she will begin her own project (probably over the next 12 months) to raise $1500. Her reasoning?? It costs $1500 for a latrine & boys & girls need and deserve clean bathrooms.

I'm just so proud of her for having the compassion to understand that other kids need help & wanting to be part of the solution. She is starting to "get" just how blessed she is.

Charity you have every right to be proud. That is awesome!

That a a wonderful story!! Bless the little one for caring so much! And kudos to a proud mama!!

That is so awesome. It is great when children see the needs of others in their own eyes.

That is so sweet! You should be very proud indeed.

What a sweetheart! You have every right to be proud of her.

That's so cool!
You've raised her well. Most kids are concerned only with their own lives. It's so nice to hear of one who's trying to see the big picture.

Good job you raised her very well be proud, as we say in Yiddish "shep Nachas" :)

Oh my gosh....I had tears in my eyes reading that. What a sweet little girl. And bravo to you and your DH for raising such an amazing child. You should be very proud :)

That's great Charity! You must be doing something right! :)

I should have known not to read this post at work because stuff like this always makes me cry. lol.. I'm so sappy. That is a a beautiful story and a wonderful tribute to the values you've instilled in your little one. Congratulations Mama, you're a great one!!

So here's an update.... Sidney raised $300!!! She is still determined to raise $1500, but I have convinced her to take that goal on as a long term project. She is going to put penny jars at DH's business & also do lemonade stands, etc once we see spring again.We will need some good fundraising ideas that she & her brothers (aged 7) can do somewhat independently..... any suggestions??

What about a quarter drive? I have a friend who told me her son wanted to raise money for the American Cancer Society...so he decided to ask everyone (ok, not everyone, but almost everyone) he met for a quarter. That's it. One quarter. The surprising thing they learned was that most people, if they don't have a quarter on them when asked, would contribute a dollar. They raised over $150 in four days, just asking for quarters.

Good luck with your efforts! You should be SO proud of your daughter...and your sons, too!

WOW!!! must feel good to know you are doing a good job! I can only hope my kids learn early to be so giving.

Pat yourself on the back! You've done an amazing job! Congratulations on raising a well rounded, caring child. You have every right to be proud!

Related to How Much Did a 5-Year-Old Raise for UNICEF?

What is a "Proud Mom Moment" event?

A "Proud Mom Moment" event is a celebration of motherhood and the achievements of moms in the kitchen. It is an opportunity for moms to showcase their cooking skills and share their favorite Pampered Chef products and recipes with friends and family.

How do I host a "Proud Mom Moment" event?

To host a "Proud Mom Moment" event, simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date. The consultant will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your event a success.

What can I expect at a "Proud Mom Moment" event?

At a "Proud Mom Moment" event, you can expect to learn about new Pampered Chef products, watch cooking demonstrations, and taste delicious dishes made with Pampered Chef tools. You will also have the chance to purchase products and receive special discounts and promotions.

Do I have to be a mom to attend a "Proud Mom Moment" event?

No, anyone can attend a "Proud Mom Moment" event. It is a celebration of motherhood, but all are welcome to join in on the fun and learn about Pampered Chef products and recipes.

Is there a cost to attend a "Proud Mom Moment" event?

There is no cost to attend a "Proud Mom Moment" event. It is a free event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants to celebrate and empower moms in the kitchen. However, there may be opportunities to purchase products at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjenkunkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • kam