• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Recipes Do You Make at Each Show.?

well, I stopped doing 2. I like 1 better now. Especially if I am demoing a product from our collections. Especially if you are just starting out, and need to get comfortable talking and cooking at the same time........concentrate on ONE recipe that demos alot of products - especially products from our collections. (cookware, stoneware, etc....)1.
coopersgirl
Tonight was my first show, and I made the Artichoke cups, and the Strawbery Amaretto pastries.I think it was too much. I only sold $300 worth. I think I am doing to much but I am not sure. Does anyone have any advise to offer.

One is soo much easier! I started out doing two also but will now only do two if the host has 12+ guests and will do a quick easy and cheap dessert recipe as the 2nd one. If you think it's too much work then by all means just do 1!

One recipe always. If I do a second, it's a quick microwave cake in the Rice Cooker or Fluted Pan or it's something I bring already done.

I'm doing mostly Real Food Real Fast shows it seems, so I guess I am actually doing 3 recipes right now - but it doesn't seem that much.
At the beginning of the show:

Put the 30 minute chicken in the microwave

then, put garlic biscuits in the oven

Then demo a salad or dessert......pull the whole thing together in 30 minutes. I am finding it to be a very simple show to do!

When I first started, I did two...one as my demo and a second that I "finished" off while the first was in the oven. I decided I was making myself a nervous wreck and changed to ONE recipe. My stress level went DOWN and my sales went UP!!!

Now, if I want to (and I stress only *if* I want to...) I may bring a second recipe already done if the host is going to have a bunch of people there. I usually don't even tell the host so if I run out of time, I just don't bring it!

I am considering doing the cinnamon or caramel bites as a second recipe, but if I do them, they will be coming out of the oven when it's time for the show to start...so everyone smells them baking as they come in and they can see me slide them off onto a SA plate and they can munch on them right away!

But, the simple answer to your question is:

ONE!

I made two!I was exhausted last night, the kitchen was wierd, the table facing the guest had my PC on it and I had to do the demo where I could not be seen well. I forgot to add the almonds and had to take the pastry out of the oven,and add them. I forgot to add the orange rind. On the other recipe I forgot the red pepper. It was just to much to do. I felt disjointed all night. I think I am going to switch to one recipe per show. (sigh)

coopersgirl said:
I was exhausted last night, the kitchen was wierd, the table facing the guest had my PC on it and I had to do the demo where I could not be seen well. I forgot to add the almonds and had to take the pastry out of the oven,and add them. I forgot to add the orange rind. On the other recipe I forgot the red pepper. It was just to much to do. I felt disjointed all night. I think I am going to switch to one recipe per show. (sigh)

Especially if you are just starting out, and need to get comfortable talking and cooking at the same time........concentrate on ONE recipe that demos alot of products - especially products from our collections. (cookware, stoneware, etc....)

2....I usually bring 1 done and demo a 2nd...

I only do ONE!!!! I would be there all night otherwise!

Depending on how many people she has and what kind of recipe I am making. As long as I am not demoing a dessert, I take a cake mix with me and make that in the Rice Cooker, while I am demoing my other recipe.

Yeah, that's the cheap and easy recipe I was talking about the micro cakes! :) And I do them as soon as I get to the hosts house so it's ready when they eat.

heat123 said:
Yeah, that's the cheap and easy recipe I was talking about the micro cakes! :) And I do them as soon as I get to the hosts house so it's ready when they eat.

Oh, I usually wait and start that AT start time even if people are still trickling in. That way I get started on time and since it only take about 5 minutes at the most to put together not including micro time. I then put that in the microwave to bake while I do the other demo. I like the wow factor of flipping in onto the Celebrate Plate and having the melted icing pour over the cake.

I only do 1. I was doing 2 when I started, but the shows were too long and I was disjointed, like the other gal said. It doesn't help your sales unless you have it down like Becky. Otherwise people are checking their watches or grimacing because they feel sorry for you. (solely my experience)

For a beginner I definitely recommend only doine 1 recipe. Pick abou 3-4 to get comfortable with at home then only offer those until they start to bore you, then branch out. I try to stick with the PC theme recipes. They are always really good and easy. I am soooo loving the Real Food Real Fast!! Good stuff!

chefkristin said:
I only do ONE!!!! I would be there all night otherwise!

Same here!! I have only ever done one recipe per show - as a newbie and now as a 4-year vet., and I will never do more than one recipe demo. Too much for me to think about and talk about, and I'm a gabber, so we'd be there all night! No one wants to hear me talk that much!! If the host wants more recipes prepared, I tell her (nicely) to prepare them herself beforehand.

I have started putting 3 recipes in my host packets - I pick 1 of each theme (appetizer, main dish, dessert) and put a copy in the packet and tell them to pick one for me to demo, then buy the ingredients before the show. This has made it SO much easier for me (I only do 3 recipes all season, so I get really good at all of them!) and for the host - she knows exactly what to do.

Hope that helps a little. I remember going to PC shows a long time ago, when it was common practice for the consultants to do 2 recipes, and feeling like it was going on forever and ever. The guests always got antsy, and people started leaving after the first recipe was done when they realized they had to sit through another one. I don't want that happening to me, or any of us!

I only so 1, I tell the host I'm not there to "cater". It's the products I am selling not the food.
I want to make my job look easy in case a potential recruit is in the audience. I also want to be mindful of my hosts and customers time.

coopersgirl said:
I forgot to add the almonds and had to take the pastry out of the oven,and add them. I forgot to add the orange rind. On the other recipe I forgot the red pepper. It was just to much to do. I felt disjointed all night. I think I am going to switch to one recipe per show. (sigh)

Future advice. When you forget something don't worry about it, most of the time the recipe will be ok without it. The almonds make a nice look but if they aren't there it is not a big deal. The missing rind is also unlikely to be noticed if mising. These mistakes give you a chance to use the "I'm a pampered chef NOT a perfect chef" line to show that anyone, even someone not a great cook can be a consultant.

Remember you want to have fun at your show, you want your guests to have fun, and you want guests watching you to be thinking "I could do that".

i did two the other night, and i regret it. i did the brownies first and while they were in the oven i put the chicken in the micro. bad idea! i should have done the chicken first and then while that was in the micro did the brownies, by the time the chicken came out the brownies would be almost done too but it's a learning experience.
for now on i think i'm going to still do two, the chicken while people are coming in, no demo, do they really need to see me rub it down when they can just watch me cut it and they eat. and then i'll do the brownies, everyone i have booked this month wants brownies, and i want the chicken for the bookings.
i still sold 3 deep covered bakers but for me thats not enough. lol

I try to only make one recipe, sometimes I will do two, but I have it done.

When I first started I did 2 recipes (that's what my recruiter did) ~ I was afraid if I cut to one, sales would go down . . . NOPE . . . 1 recipe, no difference.

If you hosts are concerned, you can say, "you're welcome to prepare other PC recipes (I'll provide you with some recipes) but we don't want to bore folks with 2 demos, their time is precious too." This works well, plus if folks know they going to be able to get out of there in a decent time period...it works out better.

Good luck ~

See, I LIKE doing 2 recipes. My demos are never long and drawn out, and I don't have a problem with bookings. So, sometimes it bothers me when I keep being told I should only do one recipe. (or that anyone else NEEDS to only do one recipe.) My demo presentation is entertaining and informative, and NEVER goes beyond 20-30 minutes - the whole show is about 1 hr - but part of that is just chatting and talking about our favorite products. It's all the gabbing that goes on before, during, and afterwards that makes my shows long.....:rolleyes:
I think if someone is just starting out, it is good to concentrate on one recipe, and get comfortable with presenting and cooking at the same time - and there is nothing wrong with doing just one recipe for all of your shows. HOWEVER - there is also nothing wrong with doing 2 recipes, if you are comfortable with doing 2 recipes. I am very much used to cooking and talking at the same time, and I am very quick, and I also know how to choose recipes that demo a maximum amount of products in a minimum amount of time.

I prefer to do one, but if a host request more than one sometimes I'll bend....sometimes!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's all the gabbing that goes on before, during, and afterwards that makes my shows long.....:rolleyes:

Oh, man, do I agree!! :rolleyes:

I'm with you Becky. I actually do three (usually all do ahead). I fully support doing one recipe, but don't feel it's "bad" to do more. I get reimbursed for groceries and I personally enjoy the whole process. My business routines have become pretty streamlined and, well, routine, so it doesn't take much extra time anymore. My hosts tend to be very social (it's an overseas military community so we are each other's support network) and this is what works for me. Most of the consultants in my Hospitality Cluster do 2-3 recipes as well....but it is each consultant's option.

-leggy

I was doing one, but lately adding on. I'm doing a lot of bites n bev shows this month so they are all pretty basic.

I try to do just one but still demo a drink or quick dessert like 2-step fudge or something.

BTW, All the top-performers I talked with at conference do only 1.

If I am making the 30 minute chicken, I demo the garlic bites. Other than that, I make one. I am still new, in my 90 days, and I would feel overwhelmed if I had to concentrate on more than 1 recipe. I want it to look like I am having fun, because I AM having fun, not stressed over what's cooking.

ChefBeckyD said:
See, I LIKE doing 2 recipes. My demos are never long and drawn out, and I don't have a problem with bookings. So, sometimes it bothers me when I keep being told I should only do one recipe. (or that anyone else NEEDS to only do one recipe.) My demo presentation is entertaining and informative, and NEVER goes beyond 20-30 minutes - the whole show is about 1 hr - but part of that is just chatting and talking about our favorite products. It's all the gabbing that goes on before, during, and afterwards that makes my shows long.....:rolleyes:
I think if someone is just starting out, it is good to concentrate on one recipe, and get comfortable with presenting and cooking at the same time - and there is nothing wrong with doing just one recipe for all of your shows. HOWEVER - there is also nothing wrong with doing 2 recipes, if you are comfortable with doing 2 recipes. I am very much used to cooking and talking at the same time, and I am very quick, and I also know how to choose recipes that demo a maximum amount of products in a minimum amount of time.

I also do 2 recipes at my shows. I have for many years and I too enjoy this. I don't do the full recipe in front of them though. I have ALOT of stuff prepped. My shows are between 45 mins-1 hour. My show average is around $800 and I average 3 bookings per show. Tomorrow at my show I will have the Turtle Fudge SKillet Cake completed, with the help of my Host when the guests arrive. I'll tell them about the cookware and show them the skillet that I turned the cake out of. I'll take a paper towel and wipe out the crumbs from the cake. I'll have 3 chicken breasts already cooked in the DCB in the microwave and show them the steam that comes out and I'll use them to make the Jerk Chicken Nachos, with most of the items prepped. While these bake I'll pass around the Salad Chopper Salsa and they will make that themselves. Sounds like alot, but there will be 20 people there and everyone will get to eat some of each recipe. I think each consultant needs to find the most comfortable way to do their presentation and go with it!

Ruthie

Ruthie, you obviously have a system that works for you! I wouldn't change a thing. If it's not broken, don't fix it. You go girl!

chefruthie said:
I also do 2 recipes at my shows. I have for many years and I too enjoy this. I don't do the full recipe in front of them though. I have ALOT of stuff prepped. My shows are between 45 mins-1 hour. My show average is around $800 and I average 3 bookings per show. Tomorrow at my show I will have the Turtle Fudge SKillet Cake completed, with the help of my Host when the guests arrive. I'll tell them about the cookware and show them the skillet that I turned the cake out of. I'll take a paper towel and wipe out the crumbs from the cake. I'll have 3 chicken breasts already cooked in the DCB in the microwave and show them the steam that comes out and I'll use them to make the Jerk Chicken Nachos, with most of the items prepped. While these bake I'll pass around the Salad Chopper Salsa and they will make that themselves. Sounds like alot, but there will be 20 people there and everyone will get to eat some of each recipe. I think each consultant needs to find the most comfortable way to do their presentation and go with it!Ruthie
Ruthie, that sounds like a show I would do!:D Last night,my host didn't want a lot of food (?) so I had easy caramel biscuit bites in the oven when guests arrived, and they all walked in commenting on how good it smelled in the house. I served them the biscuits as they sat down, and showed them how easy the pan wiped clean with a paper towel. Then I showed them the chicken in the DCB, popped it in the microwave, and made garlic/cheese biscuit bites.....able to demo the microplane, garlic press, cutting board and forged cutlery, along with again using the pan. We talked about our favorite products for the remaining 15 minutes while the biscuits baked and the chicken finished, and I went over host specials for Oct & Nov.......and then I served the chicken and the biscuits on SA pieces.....the whole show was 45 minutes from start to finish. But then again, it was an hour AFTER my presentation before I could pack up and go home! I hate to rush people when they are eating and having a good time!ETA: I'm glad I demoed the Caramel Sprinkles too - sold 3 bottles of them, and one bottle was to a lady who came "Just for the fun and food" - she wasn't going to buy anything - she doesn't cook and she lives alone.......she also bought an ice-cream scoop - so she can have ice cream with caramel sprinkles!

Last edited:
I have been doing this for a little over 3 years and I started out doing just one recipe. As my business grew, I added another one for "friends" and then ended up doing two for EVERYBODY - whether there were 3 people there or 20!! I have since gone back to just one recipe and my shows run more smoothly - I'm nowhere near as stressed out and my sales are still great. My advice - stick with one recipe...it's not about the recipe - it's about the products - and doing two recipes at a show loses their attention.

Related to How Many Recipes Do You Make at Each Show.?

1. How many recipes do you typically make at each show?

At each Pampered Chef show, we typically make 3-4 recipes. This allows us to showcase a variety of our products and give attendees a taste of what Pampered Chef has to offer.

2. Can I request specific recipes for my show?

Absolutely! We want to make your Pampered Chef experience personalized and enjoyable. If there are specific recipes you would like us to make at your show, please let us know ahead of time and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

3. Are the recipes you make at shows difficult to replicate at home?

No, our recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. Our consultants will provide step-by-step instructions and tips to ensure that you can easily recreate the recipes at home.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes included in the show price?

Yes, the cost of the ingredients for the recipes is included in the show price. This allows attendees to try the recipes and see the products in action without any additional cost.

5. Can I purchase the products used in the recipes at the show?

Yes, all of the products used in the recipes are available for purchase at the show. Our consultants will have them on hand for you to see and test out, and you can place an order to have them delivered to your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Donna Partlo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies