• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Have Already Forgotten?

In summary, Janet shares her thoughts on 9-11 and how it has affected her personal life. She also discusses December 7th, which she remembers as the day the world changed.
susanr613 said:
you all may "yell" at me...i am doing a show tomorrow night. the host and i discussed it, and we thought it was appropriate to celebrate our country, our culture, and our resilience in the face of evil. after all, bin ladin wanted to destroy all that, and he did not succeed! we live, we love, and we thrive!!

Susan ~ I HAD a show on 9-1-2001 ! ! ! On that day! I called my host that awful morning. She decided she still wanted to have it...she ended up having a $2,000+ show...turned it into a FUNDRAISER instead of benefiting herself. So American Red Cross got a nice check for that one...plus I wrote a check to AMC for the commission I made on that show. In fear that day, I personally didn't want to leave my family...so ALL 4 of us went to the show together!

9/11 is a day my family celebrates. It's my husband's birthday. I really hate it when someone asks his birthdate and when he tells them they say "Oh man, it sucks your birthday is on THAT day!" and I tell them "his birthday was long before that happened and he deserves to have a special day just like everyone else." It was a really bad birthday that year, but we try to make it a good day for him.

Kitchen2u said:
Susan ~ I HAD a show on 9-1-2001 ! ! ! On that day! I called my host that awful morning. She decided she still wanted to have it...she ended up having a $2,000+ show...turned it into a FUNDRAISER instead of benefiting herself. So American Red Cross got a nice check for that one...plus I wrote a check to AMC for the commission I made on that show. In fear that day, I personally didn't want to leave my family...so ALL 4 of us went to the show together!

Ginny, that is a GREAT story! You and your host did something amazing that day!

So, I just took the time to read this entire thread and just realized that it was bumped from last year!! :eek: Thanks Janet for bumping! And, I want to wish you a Happy Anniversary!

Yes Janet!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Kitchen2u said:
Susan ~ I HAD a show on 9-11-2001 ! ! ! On that day! I called my host that awful morning. She decided she still wanted to have it...

I had a show that day too. I think it was good for all of us to get away from the TV and just think about something else for a few hours. We were all a little frazzled but it turned out to be a nice evening.

Kitchen2u said:

That is AWESOME Ginny!

pampered.chris said:
I
3 years ago tomorrow at 10pm my sister was screaming at the hospital staff to give her drugs to hold it off until the 12th and they laughed at her (naturally they can't just stop it b/c of the anniversary of Sept 11th) and she had my first nephew. So now it is a bittersweet day for us as we celebrate his 3rd b-day while remember the fallen.

Thanks for the thread!!

I was the same way! My dr wanted to induce me (i was due 9/7) and I told him that I didn't want weds 9/11 or fri the 13th so it HAD to be the 12th!! We did with 45 minutes to spare!

I was at an Elementary School taking pictures (I worked for Lifetouch Studios at the time) when the principal came in and said, wrap it up quickly, there has just been a terrorist attack on the U.S. It was the scariest day. Driving home I kept watching the sky wondering if it was going to happen again.
I don't think people forget what happened, but I do think they forget the intesity of the feelings that day!

We were just discussing this on another board I go on.

People remember in their own way. I think about it quite frequently, but I don't need to talk about it to remember it.

Just because someone doesn't talk about it or have American flags all over the place doesn't mean they don't remember, don't mourne and aren't appreciative of the sacrifices people made/make.

redsoxgirl said:
We were just discussing this on another board I go on.

People remember in their own way. I think about it quite frequently, but I don't need to talk about it to remember it.

Just because someone doesn't talk about it or have American flags all over the place doesn't mean they don't remember, don't mourne and aren't appreciative of the sacrifices people made/make.

Thank you for putting into words my thoughts as well. I was in NYC when it happened, I saw more of it in person than on TV and think about it more than just on the anniversary. I lost a lot on that day and the love I lost is remembered every day just as I am sure the other thousands lost are remembered by their loves.

It's not that we want to forget, sometimes its just that we want to move on without salt on the wound.

Shawnna said:
Churches were filled after the attacks, but it didn't take long for life to go back to "normal" and people began to take things for granted again.

my brother (the one in iraq) has a tattoo on his arm that says "Our God and soldier we alike adore - just at the brink of ruin not before - the danger past, both are alike requited. God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"

everyone rushed to the churches & loved the soldiers/firefighters/policemen in our time of need. and now 7 years later - things are taken for granted again.

i was only a sophomore in high school on sept 11. i was still asleep in bed (probably oversleeping) when my mom rushed downstairs and turned the tv on. she was so loud and in such a panic i thought our mountain (mt rainier) had blown up (its also "predicted" to explode - sometime in the next 500 years. haha). one month later our family went to visit my uncle in bowie, maryland. this had been a trip we had been planning the whole year prior. we decided to still take the trip & spent a week in washington dc. everything was such down & there was very little tourists. that will forever be my favorite family vacation. i think i appreciated that trip so much more, going so close after sept 11.

& happy anniversary janet :love:

I remember it everyday. Where I was, what was going on, the sounds of the fighter jets scrambling...it's a feeling that for me has never faded. I have a picture of the towers from when we were crossing the bay from Staten Island & below it the "footprints" left...I see it everyday & that keeps the memory fresh. I also have a tattoo on my back that I got in memory of all those lost that horrible day.

I can't put my flag out today...living overseas you try to "blend in" as much as possible. But I carry the memory always regardless of where we're stationed.

Happy birthday to all those loved ones that share this day, and Happy Anniversary, Janet (& just in case you don't hear it, thank you for being one of the heroes).

I don't believe that people have forgotten. It's a part of our history. Even though it is not something that is a hot topic of everyday conversation, it has affected everyone. My husband is a pilot and I know lots of pilots and flight attendants (many of them were working that day) - I think of their safety everyday - part of that thinking always reminds me of 9-11 and is because of 9-11.

The same can be said of those who were alive for Pearl Harbor or any other major disaster - time goes on, but people do not forget. I was not alive for Pearl Harbor - but I did live in Hawaii for a while. You cannot live in Hawaii and not think of December 7th - everytime I drove past Pearl Harbor I envisioned the terrible events of that day. Everytime I went to the Memorial I was saddened and humbled (I aso did not have any relatives in the war). I saw visitors who were not American who were in tears at the memorial.

No, I do not believe that anyone has forgotten.

redsoxgirl said:

Thank you for putting "my" thoughts so well! :)

janetupnorth said:
It is 2 days away from the 6 year anniversary of 9-11. The theme afterwards was "We will never forget..." I look around me and think of how many people already are too young to experience it or how many people already live life as if it never happened taking their lives and freedom for granted.

Please take a moment this week to say a prayer for all those who lost something that day, and for all those who are serving daily to protect our lives and our freedom...whether it be the military, our firefighters and policemen, even the person scheduling our appointments at the doctor's office who helps the nurses and doctors care for our lives.

Let's not be part of the America of complaceny and forget the constant sacrifices given to protect our wonderful freedoms.
Isn't it the 7 year anniversary? Because my son was in kindergarten and he 's now in 7th grade!
I will never forget and I think of it often and this morning started to cry when I was watching the coverage on my local news.
I remember not wanting to let my son go to school because of the crazy insane world I felt I was leaving him in alone! I wanted to just hold my family close and not let them out of my sight. I think for weeks after I woke up and every morning when I'd open my eyes, I always saw the plane flying into the 2nd tower and I'd stand up out of bed with tears in my eyes!
Wow..... I thank everyone who has worked so hard to protect us from that happening again. God bless them all and all the families and friends that lost people they love on that day, may God continue to comfort them.

Cathy, Janet bumped this thread; it was started last year.;)

I agree; no one will EVER forget; no matter if they talk about it or not.

lacychef said:
Cathy, Janet bumped this thread; it was started last year.;)

I agree; no one will EVER forget; no matter if they talk about it or not.

oh!!! oopsss! I looked through it making sure no one had said it, but I never looked at the date! I even saw something that said bumping but I didn't read it all the way! Sorry Janet!~ I love ya!;);)

No problem Cathy! It IS the 7th anniversary!...and before people get off the topic about how they still remember, and if you don't show a flag it doesn't mean they don't remember, please remember, this is not a debate on whether you remember or not or how you remember.I started this thread last year and the title was related to what the tone of the forum was then and it was named after the song, "Have you forgotten?" which came after 9-11.It was meant to be a solemn tribute to that day and to remind you to be thankful for the little things around you during this day and be thankful for those people and your freedoms. (Read post #1).I don't care how you remember, how you express your remembrance, etc. If you wish to share a personal story from that day as many have, do so...if you lost too much and don't care to read/share, please don't. I choose to remember my firefighter brothers and sisters that day, my fellow medical volunteers/workers, and ALL the military personnel who serve to keep me free and able to do what I do today.I will never forget!

Just an added note, just as I wasn't around for Kennedy's assassination, my kids weren't around for 9-11, well DD was 4 months. They don't remember the day. It is a taught thing to them. I have not forgotten to teach them about what we went through, just as my parents taught me about WWII and things they went through. We talked about it on the way to school, talked about why we lower our flag, etc.

Don't forget to teach your kids about history if you can! :)

Well, I am proud of my little girl tonight. Her teacher asked her class if anyone knew why today was important and since 2/3 of the class hadn't been born yet, she was the only one that knew. She gave a nice speech about the day to her class that the teacher liked. :)

<h2>1. What is the significance of the 6 year anniversary of 9-11?</h2><p>The 6 year anniversary of 9-11 marks the passing of six years since the tragic events of September 11th, 2001, when the United States was attacked by terrorists.</p><h2>2. What was the theme following 9-11?</h2><p>The theme following 9-11 was "We will never forget..." This phrase was used to honor the victims and remind people to always remember the events of that day.</p><h2>3. How many people have already forgotten about 9-11?</h2><p>It is difficult to determine an exact number, but unfortunately, there are likely many people who have already forgotten or have not taken the time to remember the events of 9-11.</p><h2>4. How can we honor and remember those affected by 9-11?</h2><p>We can honor and remember those affected by 9-11 by participating in remembrance ceremonies, visiting memorials, saying prayers, and supporting organizations that help those impacted by the attacks.</p><h2>5. How can we show our appreciation for those who serve and protect us?</h2><p>We can show our appreciation for those who serve and protect us by saying thank you, supporting organizations that help them, and actively participating in our communities to make a positive impact.</p>

1. What is the significance of the 6 year anniversary of 9-11?

The 6 year anniversary of 9-11 marks the passing of six years since the tragic events of September 11th, 2001, when the United States was attacked by terrorists.

2. What was the theme following 9-11?

The theme following 9-11 was "We will never forget..." This phrase was used to honor the victims and remind people to always remember the events of that day.

3. How many people have already forgotten about 9-11?

It is difficult to determine an exact number, but unfortunately, there are likely many people who have already forgotten or have not taken the time to remember the events of 9-11.

4. How can we honor and remember those affected by 9-11?

We can honor and remember those affected by 9-11 by participating in remembrance ceremonies, visiting memorials, saying prayers, and supporting organizations that help those impacted by the attacks.

5. How can we show our appreciation for those who serve and protect us?

We can show our appreciation for those who serve and protect us by saying thank you, supporting organizations that help them, and actively participating in our communities to make a positive impact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol