• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will you join us in honoring a fallen hero and his family?

In summary, the Taylor family has lost their son in Iraq, and they are holding a service to bury him today. His older son is active duty military and just returned from a tour in Iraq. As many as possible of the family and friends are going to line the route from the church to the graveside today. Please pray for comfort and understanding and peace in the midst of such grief.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Please pray for the Taylor family in our county. Their son was killed in Iraq last week and will be buried today. They are Christians. Our oldest daughter dated their older son years ago. This older son is active duty military and just returned from a tour in Iraq a few weeks ago. As many as possible of us are going to line the route from the church to the graveside holding flags this afternoon. Please pray for comfort and understanding and peace in the midst of such grief. July 4th celebrations will never be the same for them. They have erected a HUGE flagpole with a brand new flag a the family cemetary. His grandfather and father are both vets too.
Thanks to each of you who sacrificest to maintian the freedoms we enjoy and way too often take for granted.

Diane,
How awful. :( I can not even imagine. Prayers said!
God bless,
Amanda

Prayers for the Taylor family coming your way, Diane!

Sorry to hear Diane - I'm sure your family will appreciate reading the condolences here:http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForums/tabid/61/view/topic/forumid/11/postid/907965/Default.aspx

Oh, let me warn you to have a whole Kleenex box handy!

what a shame....prayers for comfort and peace winging their way from IL to NC

janetupnorth said:

No kidding... I didn't even make it past the first page!

Prayers for the Taylor family and all serving our country.

janetupnorth said:

Too bad I read this post after clicking the link.

Diane, my heart-felt condolences for the family.

I am so sorry for this family & community and so grateful that my nephew is now home, safe & sound from Iraq....I will keep the Taylor family in my prayers.

My sincere condolences and loving prayers going to the family for comfort and peace.

May his family find comfort in his love for them & may his warrior brothers be waiting at the gates to greet him.

My heart breaks for his family. My condolences.

We wept with sorrow for his family but thanksgiving for his sacrifice to keep us free. It was truly an honor to be a part of lining the roadway with flags as they all passed by. The Patriot Guard passed by early in the procession. In a world that hungers for heroes in all the wrong places... these men and women are the true ones.

janetupnorth said:
'

Thanks Janet! I clicked the link first....

I'm so sorry Diane. He's in my prayers...

Paul Funeral Home

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/22881354.html

These are just in case anyone wants to see more. I will warn you, the service that was webcast overseas to the troops is nealy 2 hours long. Very special but long. The news clip shows his father, friend and brother I think.

Alright Diane. I can NOT watch that. I really tried but too many tears started strolling down my face.

Sorry.

quiverfull7 said:
We wept with sorrow for his family but thanksgiving for his sacrifice to keep us free. It was truly an honor to be a part of lining the roadway with flags as they all passed by. The Patriot Guard passed by early in the procession. In a world that hungers for heroes in all the wrong places... these men and women are the true ones.
Amen and amen. His service was truly a sacrifice so that ALL the world can experience freedom just as we here in America take for granted every single day. I will pray for his family that they will be granted peace from God, and that they can celebrate his life, and the fact that he loved what he did for others in service for our country.

Related to Will you join us in honoring a fallen hero and his family?

1. What does it mean when the flags are at half-staff?

When the flags are at half-staff, it is a sign of mourning and respect for a significant loss or tragedy.

2. Who determines when the flags are at half-staff?

The President of the United States or the Governor of each state has the authority to order the flags to be flown at half-staff. This can also be done by a mayor or other local officials in their respective jurisdictions.

3. How long do the flags stay at half-staff?

The length of time the flags stay at half-staff varies depending on the reason for the order. Typically, they are flown at half-staff for a certain number of days following a national or state tragedy, or to honor the death of a prominent figure.

4. Can anyone request for the flags to be flown at half-staff?

Yes, anyone can make a request for the flags to be flown at half-staff. However, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the President or Governor to approve the request.

5. What should I do if I see the flags at half-staff?

If you see the flags at half-staff, it is recommended to take a moment to reflect and honor the reason for the order. You can also inform others about the significance of the lowered flags and encourage them to do the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rebeccastt
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
grainsmommy