• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hug Your Family Today | Reflections on Life, Loss, and Cherishing Loved Ones

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficult past few days and the sadness and destruction caused by recent events. One person shares that a friend's father passed away, while another talks about a young girl with a heart defect. The group reminds each other to cherish every day and to appreciate loved ones. One person shares their own experience with loss and how they try to make the most of each day.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
This has been a hard past couple of days. I have been down after reading just a few of the posts this week, and saddened by all the friendships destroyed.
one of my son's friend's father died Monday morning. I saw him on Sunday. April turned 17 two weeks ago. She has a heart defect and is generally not well. This will definately take a toll on her The tribute she wrote to him had me sobbing.
they are neighbors to Zach's girlfriend so we see them alot.
Zach turned 17 today, so our dinner & celebration will be moved around to accomodate his visitation

We never know how many more days (or minutes) God has granted any of us. Hug your family & play with your kids. Enjoy the sunshine if you have it or marvel in the snowflakes he is scattering.

Amen! and Amen!

I'm so sorry for your loss Teresa. You are absolutely right. Hold your family tight to cherish them!

You are so right; we should cherish every day, because nothing is garuanteed! Sorry for your loss.

You're right. Life is way to short. Since I lost my daughter I try to live every day like it is my last. (No I 'm not out of control) what I mean is I make sure I spend all the time I can with my family. I call my mom every day just to tell her I love her. Little things like that, so if I die tommorrow they will know how much I love all of them.

Brooke,
I'm so sorry that you lost a daughter. I cannot imagine what you go through each day, but it sounds as though you are doing your best to live each day to the fullest, to the best of your ability! I applaud you for your strength and courage.

Related to Hug Your Family Today | Reflections on Life, Loss, and Cherishing Loved Ones

1. What inspired you to write "Hug Your Family Today"?

The passing of my father and brother within a short period of time made me realize how precious and fragile life is. I wanted to share my personal experiences and reflections on the importance of cherishing our loved ones while we still can.

2. Is this book only for those who have experienced loss?

No, this book is for anyone who wants to deepen their appreciation for their family and loved ones. While loss may be a central theme, the book also focuses on celebrating life and the moments we have with our loved ones.

3. How do you suggest incorporating the message of this book into daily life?

One way is to make a conscious effort to hug your family and loved ones every day, even if it's a virtual hug. Additionally, take time to reflect on the moments and memories you have with them and express gratitude for their presence in your life.

4. What do you hope readers take away from this book?

I hope readers are reminded to not take their loved ones for granted and to cherish the time they have together. I also hope the book encourages readers to be more present and intentional in their relationships.

5. Can this book be helpful for those going through grief?

Yes, while this book is not a guide for coping with grief, it offers reflections and insights that may resonate with those experiencing loss. It may also serve as a source of comfort and understanding during a difficult time.

Back