• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How is Recovery After ACL Reconstruction with Hamstring Graft?

In summary, "Ot-Knee Surgery" is a minimally invasive procedure used to repair or replace damaged knee tissue. Recovery time can vary but most patients are able to return to normal activities within 4-6 weeks. The surgery is often covered by insurance, but it is best to check with your specific provider. Risks and complications, such as infection and nerve damage, may occur and your surgeon will discuss these with you beforehand. To prepare for the surgery, follow your doctor's instructions carefully, which may include stopping certain medications and arranging for transportation home.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
Well it has been 24 hours since my ACL reconstruction.

I have one thing to say....OOOOWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

The site where the harvested my hamstring hurts more that my knee.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

They did keep me over night-so I should get sprung here in the next few hours.:D

My husband just had arthroscopy on his knee first week of May but its still not working properly so they are thinking that they are going to have to go back in and do ACL reconstruction. The only thing is he only gets 6 weeks of short term disability at 100% and he is using that this time around, so I have no idea what we are going to do if he has to go back.

But hoping you have a speedy recovery. I may be asking you some questions here in the future.

I know how you feel, I had this done @ 10 years ago (except for the harvest part, my replacement was from a donor). My doctor said this surgery was a 'piece of cake' - I think he meant for him!

Take care!

As long as I don't move...all is good. Once I try to move, that is when the shit hits the fan so to speak

But you're still on Chef Success ~ love it! Hope you have a speedy recovery...

Related to How is Recovery After ACL Reconstruction with Hamstring Graft?

1. What is "Ot-Knee Surgery"?

"Ot-Knee Surgery" is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that involves using small incisions and specialized instruments to repair or replace damaged knee joint tissue.

2. How long does the recovery process take after "Ot-Knee Surgery"?

The recovery time can vary depending on the individual and the extent of the surgery. However, most patients are able to return to their normal activities within 4-6 weeks.

3. Is "Ot-Knee Surgery" covered by insurance?

Many insurance companies do cover "Ot-Knee Surgery" as it is a medically necessary procedure. However, it is best to check with your specific insurance provider to confirm coverage.

4. What are the potential risks and complications associated with "Ot-Knee Surgery"?

As with any surgery, there are potential risks and complications involved with "Ot-Knee Surgery." These may include infection, blood clots, nerve damage, and allergic reactions to anesthesia. Your surgeon will discuss these risks with you in detail before the surgery.

5. How can I prepare for "Ot-Knee Surgery"?

Prior to the surgery, your doctor will provide you with specific instructions on how to prepare. This may include stopping certain medications, fasting before the surgery, and arranging for transportation home from the hospital. It is important to follow these instructions carefully to ensure a successful surgery and recovery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedape
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott