• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Is Everyone Doing Earning Conference?

In summary, many consultants have already earned half price or are close to earning it for this month. Some are hoping to get it for free, but it seems unlikely for most. Many are also planning to attend conference this year and are excited for it. Some consultants are already at the $300,000 mark for the year and are aiming for $400,000 next year. Others are transitioning into retirement and have cut back on their business. Reimbursements for conference expenses will likely come after the pay on the 8th.
DebPC
Staff member
Half price or free? It's a great opportunity!

neither yet!! I have $1888 with 3 shows this week and a fundraiser to close out next week. I'll definitely earn it half price, we'll see about FREE!!

Congrats to those who have already earned something!!!

I have half price in the bag (just need to submit), won't make it to free, though.

I've already earned 1/2 price!:) I have 4 shows yet to close this month! So I'm hoping they push me over the free level!

Half price is a done deal. Free is going to be sooooo close. Depends on the next 3 shows I have. I just booked one for April 30th the other day. But I doubt I can get her to close that night.

chefkugler said:
Half price is a done deal. Free is going to be sooooo close. Depends on the next 3 shows I have. I just booked one for April 30th the other day. But I doubt I can get her to close that night.

Ahh the light bulb came on. I will offer my April 29th show the host special for FREE if she closes by 4/30.
Worth a shot.

I think I will hit half off (my usual) but free doesn't look like it will happen. I do have 4 parties between Friday and Sunday so maybe I have a shot. Just my luck I will get 4,899 or something very close!!:(:grumpy:

So far I have 1/2 price -- I am at $4100 in sales, no more shows....hoping for a REALLY big online order! :p

1/2 price for me.
Really wanted free, but my total will be 4K for the month.

I'm going to be working to get 1/2 price. Congrats to everyone!!

1/2 is $18. away---just coasting--

1/2 is just about there with 2 shows and 1 probable catty still to do.

I just earned 1/2 but not sure about free...it might be close but 1/2 is better than none I guess :)

Unfortunately, I won't even make 1/2 price for free, though Lord knows I could use it!

my goal was free but definately have 1/2 price...so i am happy with that!! so glad to be going to conference this year! I really wanted to be there last year and couldn't sit still the whole 3 days last year..but no worries this year! Can't wait to see everyone in July!
Good luck earning 1/2 off or free registration!

pckrissy said:
my goal was free but definately have 1/2 price...so i am happy with that!! so glad to be going to conference this year! I really wanted to be there last year and couldn't sit still the whole 3 days last year..but no worries this year! Can't wait to see everyone in July!
Good luck earning 1/2 off or free registration!

YAY!! You're in wave 3 right? We'll have to do career club lunch with Colleen!!

I'm up to $2783.85 with 2 more shows (tomorrow and saturday) and my fundraiser closes out on Monday. I really hope to earn conference for FREE!!! $2200 to go!

I will be at the $300,000 this year and $400,000 in 2010 (Good Lord willing). Wave 3!

Debi said:
Unfortunately, I won't even make 1/2 price for free, though Lord knows I could use it!

I hear ya! Oh well.........maybe I can get a great airfare deal!;)

I've got 1/2 price done already but am about $600 short of free - no more shows this month but am scraping up as many individual orders as I can to see if I can get it for free.

I am trying to reach my hostesses to close so I can get my 1/2 price. Two messages each so far and no return phone calls. UGH! And with one of them I had scheduled the closing date in advance!

I will hit 1/2 price but not free. I AM going to conference now though! Plane tickets are purchased so there's no turning back now...lol!

Christ Follower said:
I will hit 1/2 price but not free. I AM going to conference now though! Plane tickets are purchased so there's no turning back now...lol!

Congrats Ellen!!! I'm all ready to go as well!!

Christ Follower said:

YEAH! So you gonna room with us?

Congratulations Ellen!! Yes, Please room with us!!

I earned half-price, but probably won't be going to conference this year. We're transitioning into full retirement, so I've significantly cut back on my business. (Ironic that I had my highest cooking show ever this month. Go figure! :rolleyes:)

RETIREMENT?? What??? You are far too young to retire! :)

Congrats, though!

Oh, btw, does anyone know when we get reimbursed? Is it the pay on the 8th or after conference?

Just trying to recoup some of the thousands we are spending renovating our living room!! :yuck:

jwpamp said:
RETIREMENT?? What??? You are far too young to retire! :)Congrats, though!Oh, btw, does anyone know when we get reimbursed? Is it the pay on the 8th or after conference?Just trying to recoup some of the thousands we are spending renovating our living room!! :yuck:
Kris~Congratulations!! Janice~I was wondering the same thing!! I wasn't sure so this is what I found:
To earn free or half-price Conference 2009 registration, all commissionable sales must be from Shows held and individual/online orders placed April 1–30, 2009, and submitted by midnight CT on April 30, 2009. Cooking Show, Catalog Show, Fundraiser Show, Wedding Shower, individual, online and Wedding Registry orders count toward the commissionable sales requirement. Free and half-price registration is based on a registration fee of $200. When you earn free or half-price Conference registration and have already registered, you’ll be reimbursed the amount you earned in the same form as original payment.I'm very excited to have earned conference for FREE!! I submitted $5453 which is my 2nd highest month!! Yay!! I'll definitely earn Disney if I keep these months up!

I missed full price by $500. I couldn't get my last two shows to close on time. My month was great, and well over $5000 but 900 was a carry over from last month. No free conference = :( Paycheck for April =:money::party::)

I made it to 1/2 off and am so thankful. I was not sure with this month that I'd make that so I'm thrilled. That online order for $297 made the difference! Actually all my online sales this month carried me... it was $785 total of online orders. Yahoo and Thanks you Lord! May looks more promising for cooking shows and catalogs ones as well so I'm excited.

1-2 OFF yippeeeeee

quiverfull7 said:
I made it to 1/2 off and am so thankful. I was not sure with this month that I'd make that so I'm thrilled. That online order for $297 made the difference! Actually all my online sales this month carried me... it was $785 total of online orders. Yahoo and Thanks you Lord! May looks more promising for cooking shows and catalogs ones as well so I'm excited.

Congrats on that much in online orders!! I had $597 and that's great for me!!

I earned half off too! Yippee!

Half off for me and my team did $4k again. Woohoo!

I hit $3247 in April. Although I didn't get the whole thing free, I am very happy with my April sales!

jwpamp said:
RETIREMENT?? What??? You are far too young to retire! :)

Have you ever seen the old B&W Cary Grant-Katherine Hepburn movie "Holiday"? (Not affliated with the film that came out a couple years ago with the same name.) I first saw it my teens, and it generated a major "a-ha" moment for me. Despite it's light and breezy nature, it's essentially a movie about choosing between 'working to live' or 'living to work'.

Anyway, it's been my goal for over 20 years to retire before 50. We really don't need much, so living within our means isn't a stretch. (Had I been able to have children, I'm sure I would have a different timeline.) Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always pursuing a bizillion interests and causes (right, Debi?). That's what I want to keep doing, but with more free time. :)

I'm still engaged with PC, but on a much lighter scale than before. My focus is on helping my team and doing a few shows a month. I'd love to go to National (I am such a PC-product junkie), but it wouldn't be the best decision for us.
:chef:

legacypc46 said:
Have you ever seen the old B&W Cary Grant-Katherine Hepburn movie "Holiday"? (Not affliated with the film that came out a couple years ago with the same name.) I first saw it my teens, and it generated a major "a-ha" moment for me. Despite it's light and breezy nature, it's essentially a movie about choosing between 'working to live' or 'living to work'.

Anyway, it's been my goal for over 20 years to retire before 50. We really don't need much, so living within our means isn't a stretch. (Had I been able to have children, I'm sure I would have a different timeline.) Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always pursuing a bizillion interests and causes (right, Debi?). That's what I want to keep doing, but with more free time. :)

I'm still engaged with PC, but on a much lighter scale than before. My focus is on helping my team and doing a few shows a month. I'd love to go to National (I am such a PC-product junkie), but it wouldn't be the best decision for us.
:chef:
Good for you!

That was my husband's goal too (retire by 50) but then he married a woman with 3 kids and had 2 more. Now we are just hoping to finish paying off the house before his job disappears.

I managed to get all but 2 of my April shows to close by the 30th. So I was able to earn FREE conference registrations. I'm so excited, I usually get 1/2 price every year.

Kris -- CONGRATS to you!! I am glad that it's working out the way you had planned!

Oh, btw, LOVE, LOVE Cary Grant & Katherine Hepburn (Spencer Tracy, too for that matter) and yes, I HAVE seen the movie!! So glad it motivated you -- great things are to come!

bethcooks4u said:
Good for you!

That was my husband's goal too (retire by 50) but then he married a woman with 3 kids and had 2 more. Now we are just hoping to finish paying off the house before his job disappears.

I am just hoping to have enough energy to work long enough to "break even"!!! I would need a lot of money to retire because I would have to travel to keep busy! Don't see myself ever fully retired. To some that may seem sad, but I just think I would be too bored.

chefkugler said:
i managed to get all but 2 of my april shows to close by the 30th. So i was able to earn free conference registrations. I'm so excited, i usually get 1/2 price every year.

congratulations!!!!

baychef said:
I would need a lot of money to retire because I would have to travel to keep busy! Don't see myself ever fully retired. To some that may seem sad, but I just think I would be too bored.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll share the following and then step away from the topic.

Our situation is a little different than some, because DH and I both draw military retirement (and have the associated health care benefits). That said, I think retirement can cost a whole lot less than many people think. This is going to sound terribly cliche, but retirement communities are a great option.

Don't think rocking chairs and shuffleboard. Most retirement communities now are designed for active living. Ours is in a nature preserve with walking trails, over 150 different clubs and all kinds of sports. With just under 1000 homes, we also get to know each other. There is simply no lack of interesting things to do and interesting people to do things with. Because of this, we find we don't have to spend much to genuinely enjoy ourselves. (Picture being a kid again but with alcohol ;))

The whole thought process about money is different in a retirement community. Obviously, there is the reality of utility bills and medical costs, but the mindset here is pretty much that of Dave Ramsey. No one really cares what you did in your previous life and they care less about what you have. Over the past three years, we've become best friends with both sets of neighbors next to us. One couple lives on their joint pensions; the other only on social security. Neither couple have any debt and neither 'go without.' (All six of us though are skilled shoppers...we rarely pay full price for anything.)

As for traveling, there are all kinds of inexpensive opportunties out there (both age specific and in general). The nice thing is when you're retired you have the time to both research the low-cost options available and actually take advantage of them. (Low cost doesn't necessarily mean no-frills...I found a $5000 rack rate cruise for $900.)

I share all this only because we accidentally stumbled into the retirement community life. I hate to think what decisions we may have made otherwise. An off-hand comment about how much some great neighborhoods change for the worse over time, made DH and I start thinking about how to avoid retiring someplace we wouldn't want to be 20 years later. We did the research and found (to our surprise) that retirement communities offered the stability and neighborhood features we were looking for...at a reasonable cost. We give thanks every day for going this route. It isn't for everyone, but it is worth considering.

1. How do I earn conference attendance for half price or free?

To earn conference attendance for half price, you can host a qualifying show and reach $1,250 in sales. If you reach $2,500 in sales, you can earn conference attendance for free. You can also earn conference attendance through the Pampered Chef Host Rewards program or by promoting to a higher sales level.

2. What is the process for earning conference attendance?

The process for earning conference attendance varies depending on how you choose to earn it. If you are hosting a show, you will need to reach the minimum sales requirement to qualify. If you are earning through the Host Rewards program, you will need to reach the designated level. If you are promoting to a higher sales level, you will need to meet the requirements for that level.

3. Can I earn conference attendance multiple times?

Yes, you can earn conference attendance multiple times as long as you meet the qualifications each time. However, you can only use one earned conference attendance per conference.

4. Are there any restrictions on how I can use my earned conference attendance?

No, there are no restrictions on how you can use your earned conference attendance. It can be used for any conference-related expenses, such as registration, travel, and accommodations.

5. Is earning conference attendance a guaranteed opportunity?

No, earning conference attendance is not a guaranteed opportunity. It is based on meeting specific requirements and is subject to change at any time. However, there are multiple ways to earn conference attendance, so there are plenty of opportunities to strive for it each year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lostinco