• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far Will You Go to Get Your Name Out?

In summary, the conversation revolves around using family members to help promote a Pampered Chef business. The participants share stories of how their family members have helped spread the word, whether it be through carrying business cards or proudly showcasing products. They discuss the different ways they incorporate their business into everyday conversations and how it has not been perceived as pushy or annoying. One participant shares a heartwarming story of their 4-year-old son proudly promoting their business at the doctor's office. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of having a supportive family and the positive impact they can have on a business.
robbiesmom123
I have a very supportive family, yet they tease me at every oppoutunity they can. I will send them with catalogs at every chance I get. The latest was my daughter (age 17) informed me last night she needed a micro cake for her public speaking class for a "how to" project. So I went thru the step by step with her, she made the cake and we packed it up along with plates, forks, napkins and of course catalogs. We packed this all in the PC grocery bag for her to take to school. Now, she got her kicks of picking on me (picture her showcasing her PC stuff to class mates), but still took everything. I also sent the rice cooker along with her, and told her to offer free shipping on any sales (wishful thinking). Hopefully she'll give the teacher the catalog. Have I gone to far, or do I have a future PC consultant on my hands? :chef:

You didn't go too far. My son and my husband carry my business card in their wallets and DS use my pens when he works as a waiter; DH uses them at work and gives them to waiters when he goes to lunch. They have given my info out but stop short of getting their info for me. Your family can help you a lot.

If you are passionate about what you do, you will find ways of telling everyone about it. My friends and family know that I love what I do. They either ask me questions or I tell them about PC in our conversations. I always have business cards, recipe cards and catalogs with me wherever I go.

No one thinks I am over the top, pushy or annoying. I always have a big smile and use positive statements.

You're lucky that your family gets the word out for you, even if they tease you. I have sent catalogs to work with my exH, but he won't do more than just put them in the break room. DS is only 12 so he's a little young to be working for me ;-)

susanr613 said:
You're lucky that your family gets the word out for you, even if they tease you. I have sent catalogs to work with my exH, but he won't do more than just put them in the break room. DS is only 12 so he's a little young to be working for me ;-)

OR he's in that stage where it's just embarrassing to admit he has a Mother!

My DS, at 4, is a walking advertisement for me. We were at the Dr's a few weeks ago, and I set my little cranberry quilted purse (a gift from my drector for being #1 in her cluster!) on the desk to write a check. DS says to the receptionist: "See my Mommy's purse - she earned that from Pamper Chef. Do you like Pamper Chef? My Mommy has a catalog, if you want to see it."

The receptionist laughed and said that he was a great marketing tool!

ChefBeckyD said:
OR he's in that stage where it's just embarrassing to admit he has a Mother!

My DS, at 4, is a walking advertisement for me. We were at the Dr's a few weeks ago, and I set my little cranberry quilted purse (a gift from my drector for being #1 in her cluster!) on the desk to write a check. DS says to the receptionist: "See my Mommy's purse - she earned that from Pamper Chef. Do you like Pamper Chef? My Mommy has a catalog, if you want to see it."

The receptionist laughed and said that he was a great marketing tool!

Too cute! It reminds me of what my son did at church a couple weeks ago. He had a joint lesson with all the children between 7-11 in a room full of adult teachers for each age group. The woman teaching the lesson talked about different roles people have in families and responsibilities, etc. She did this one part about the hats women wear (nurse, taxi, police officer, teacher, etc.) She had a picture of a woman and then these little pictures of the different hats. She called on my 7 yr. old son to go up and pick a hat and then she'd talk about that role. His face lit up as he picked one and said "This is definitely my mom!" It was a chef's hat. Then he proudly told the group "She sells Pampered Chef!" He looked at me like he was just so proud! Melted my heart, it was really cute.

as far as your daughter becoming a consultant someday...I grew up with my mom being in direct sales (she sold dorling kindersly books) and now here I am, 10 years later, doing PC!

My daughter or her husband (the cook) said they would try the PC business as soon as they see me making money at it. I'm not setting a very good example so far only working this like a hobby.

My husband has played a huge role in my buisness from handing out books, collecting orders from the office staff (he's in construction and makes sure to leave catalogs/their orders or pick up money/checks first thing in the morning) all the way to getting me shows booked (my first wedding shower show was at the home of the owner of the company!) When he has appointments down town he's always sure to take catalogs and drop them off to any doctor's offices he sees on his way. Once the office manager told him he couldn't leave them b/c the cleaning people will just throw them away so he said "Well, here, then you take it."

I think it's SUPER for you to involve your family. They want us to succeed just like we want them to.

Well my DD came home with an empty cake container and said it was awesome. Her mates couldn't believe how moist the cake was and it was gobbled all up. They were surprised that it was cooked in the microwave. Did I get any leads, well, I'm hoping maybe one of these kids goes home to tell their mom about a cake the was made in the micro. She had fun, that's all that matters.

My twin grandsons are almost 5 and love PC. We went to the doctor's to get my blood drawn the other day and one of them found one of my mini catalogs with the other catalogs and came up to me beaming -- LOOK GRANDMA, PAMPERED CHEF.

I always tell everyone that my husband is my "PR" person..he has my cards in his car and anytime he goes anywhere w/ my dd, he will hand out my cards to all the moms or anyone else around. He gave blood a few weeks ago, and when he came home he said that he should have taken some catalogs w/ him because when he asked them if they liked PC they fell all over themselves about it. I sent him back up there w/one and they are doing a book party right now!

Funny story, when I was teaching my dd last year our names, her addresses, phone number, etc, I kept asking her what my name was and she kept saying "Stephanie Pampered Chef"!

My husband and kids are walking billboards for me. My son told his 2nd grade teacher that she needed to buy Pampered Chef from his mom so he could go to Disney!

I sent DD to school today with 2 rice cooker cakes for her 2 teachers. We had parent/teacher conferences last week, and the discussion came up about the cake she took last week. They were both saying how much they LOVE cake, so we offered to make and have her bring in today. Again I sent her w/ the PC bag and 2 catalogs, with explicit directions that the catalogs must accompany the cakes. Cross you fingers. I'd really love some school business. They all know I'm PC, but I'm not pushy enough with it.

1. How can I effectively promote my name and brand as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are several ways you can promote your name and brand. One effective method is through hosting parties or events, either in person or online. This allows you to showcase your products and services to potential customers and generate interest in your brand. You can also utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to showcase your products and engage with potential customers. Additionally, networking with other consultants and participating in local events or fairs can help increase your visibility and promote your brand.

2. Can I collaborate with other businesses or influencers to promote my name as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, collaborating with other businesses or influencers can be a great way to promote your name as a Pampered Chef consultant. You can reach out to local businesses or social media influencers in your area and offer to host a cooking demonstration or provide them with free products in exchange for promoting your brand to their audience. This can help expand your reach and introduce your brand to new potential customers.

3. Is it important to have an online presence as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, having an online presence is crucial for promoting your name as a Pampered Chef consultant. It allows you to reach a wider audience and engage with potential customers who may not be able to attend in-person events. You can use social media platforms, create a website, or even start a blog to showcase your products and services, share recipes, and connect with customers.

4. What types of promotional materials are available to help me get my name out as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a variety of promotional materials, such as catalogs, flyers, business cards, and product samples. You can also customize these materials with your name and contact information to help promote your brand. In addition, the company offers training and support on how to effectively use these materials to market your business.

5. What are some creative ways to get my name out as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are many creative ways to get your name out as a Pampered Chef consultant. One idea is to collaborate with local restaurants or cafes to host a cooking demo or popup shop. You can also offer cooking classes or workshops in your community, partner with non-profit organizations for fundraising events, or participate in local food fairs or festivals. These unique opportunities can help attract new customers and promote your brand in a fun and engaging way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76