• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far in Advance Do You Book?

In summary, Rae suggests trying to get other DS companies together at a local church or fire or ambulance hall and start your own. She suggests contacting your local Chamber of Commerce and/or Bureau of Tourism.
Humble Beginnings
I really want to get into doing fair etc. I'm finding it difficult to find any in the next few months that aren't already booked or already have a PC consultant. Any tips on getting started?

Some of the consultants I know have booked as far as 6 months in advance. The bookings that far out were usually w/repeat hostesses.

Fairs and booths are a bit different than regular bookings. The event can't change to fit your calendar. I'm currently booked for an expo in April 2009. If you hear about a fair or expo, don't hesitate to ask if they have an opening for you, and find out the details. Usually those work on a first-come, first-served basis, so booking early is best.

I have a standing booking at 3 different fairs. I have been the consultant at them for the last 3 years. I still have to send in my money and reserve my spot, but for the most part it is mine. The one is totally standing. I am great friends w/ the organizer and she holds my spot just for me.
To get your name out there, I suggest trying to get other DS companies together at a local church or fire or ambulance hall or meeting place and start your own. You will find that people will go to other places and say "so and so sells for X company" and then you will get contacted. Granted I am the only PC person right here in my area so that works for me.
I hope this helps!!

I agree with Rae...our cluster has a few fairs that we do EVERY YEAR...so they are technically booked a year ahead.

Keep asking around and good luck!

Do you have any helpful hints for finding craft fairs that we can participate in?

You might try contacting your local Chamber of Commerce and/or Bureau of Tourism.

Also, check your local paper. The paper in my area will post a special section listing some of the craft fairs in the area for the fall. I expect this to come out the end of August. When you start going to fairs.. talk to other booths to see where they get their info about upcoming events. I have even asked for #'s to keep in touch with others about future fairs. Some of the church and school fairs are not listed in the paper. Hope that helps. Most venues do not want more than say PC consultants there. So book early.

Related to How Far in Advance Do You Book?

How Far in Advance Do You Book?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of planning ahead for your events. Here are the answers to the top 5 most frequently asked questions about booking with us:

1. How far in advance can I book a party?

We recommend booking your party at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure availability. However, we understand that schedules can be unpredictable, so we also accept last-minute bookings based on availability.

2. Can I book a party several months in advance?

Absolutely! We are happy to book parties as far in advance as you'd like. This allows for plenty of time to plan and invite guests, and also ensures that you can secure your preferred date and time.

3. What if I need to reschedule my party?

If you need to reschedule your party, please contact your consultant as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request and find a new date that works for you and your guests.

4. Do I need to pay a deposit when booking a party?

No, we do not require a deposit for party bookings. However, we do ask that you confirm your party at least 7 days in advance to ensure we have enough time to prepare and plan for your event.

5. Can I book a party for a specific day or time?

Yes, you can request a specific day and time for your party. However, availability may vary depending on your consultant's schedule. We recommend reaching out to your consultant as soon as possible to secure your preferred date and time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jennc112
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bakinwithbacon