• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Organise Your Receipt Folder?

In summary, the person wrote a summary for their conversation with another person. They explained that they keep their show receipts in a manilla folder by show number, alphabetized by host last name, and in show # order. They also explained that they use file folders for storing shows that are "in process" or waiting for payment or delivery. Lastly, they shared a tip for booking shows with another person.
PCwithStay-C
If you have one??
I went out last nite and bought some dividers for my foler but am having a hard time figuring out what would be the most efficient way to organise it.

I thought alphabetized, or by show or by month....I just dont know which would be easier to look up past info.

Any helpful ideas???

For show receipts I have always used a manila envelope. I write the host name, show date, show # on the front (to start). On the back is where I list the product totals of orders as I collect them so I have an EZ way to add up totals at the end of the show. If I have a booking or an amount due, I write that next to the amount so it is a visual reminder to cover that with the host before I leave her home. All the orders and payments go in here.

I put the door prize slips in there also at the end of the show and pull them out for followup and filing (as needed).

After I close the show, I write the transmission date and time on the front of the envelope.

I like the manila envelope cause this way I easily capture any small scraps of paper that might have an order or other info (like a request for a custoemr service call) on them. This method also allows for "containment" over time without worry of items falling out of a file folder. I can finish a show, update the envelope, close the flap, and toss on the pile of other closed shows.

I keep about 1 years worth in my office, in show # order. My family has a storage unit so I do box up old folders once a year and store them, rather than toss.

I keep my show receipts in a manilla folder for each show. I write the host's name and show # on the tab, and keep them on my desk in a divider that has 5 slots so that I can see all of them. Once the show is held and submitted, I keep them in a drawer with hanging file folders by month. Once the year is over, I take the manilla folders out of the hanging file folders, key in any information for my taxes (in the expenses/income on PP) and then file them all in a paperwork box, so I only have the current year on file at my fingertips (after 4 years of doing this, I can't possibly keep them all in that drawer!). It is easy to go back to each paperwork box to look something up if I have to, though, since I have them divided by calendar year. HTH!

oh i love this idea!!! that is so cool! i think i will definately have to try this instead of what i'm doing! thanks stacey for asking, its always great to hear more and new ideas!

By show number. I do the "print show" option just before I transmit the show. When the transmission is complete, from view logs menu I write down the session number, date and time of the transmission. Then I staple this page to my copies of the customer receipts. Then I file these papers (no file folder or envelope) in the cabinet. The most recent show is in front.

Shhh. Don't tell the folks who are shredding their paperwork that I have 6 years of shows in my file cabinet. One of these days I’ll begin at show number one and start shredding.

When a show is "in process” they go into one of these file folders:
SHOWS WAITING TO CLOSE
CLOSED: Waiting for payment.
CLOSED: Send receipts/thank you.
CLOSED SHOWS: Waiting for delivery.

I also use file folders, but I use the colored version, instead of the plain buff. Then I can color-code. When I do remember to put the filled folder into my drawer, I file by host last name, because if I need to look something up for that host, it's easier to find and I don't have to hunt for her show number.

My Director has a good tip for booking. She sets out the number of file folders that she wants shows for a given month. Then she gets on the phone until she has a name and date on each folder. Leaving the blank ones on your desk until they're assigned is a good reminder that you need to get to work. ;)

again, these are all great ideas ... i like the idea your director had ann ... i really need to get my game on and get my butt in gear!!! wheres that 3-2-1 thread LOL

chefann said:
I also use file folders, but I use the colored version, instead of the plain buff. Then I can color-code. When I do remember to put the filled folder into my drawer, I file by host last name, because if I need to look something up for that host, it's easier to find and I don't have to hunt for her show number.

My Director has a good tip for booking. She sets out the number of file folders that she wants shows for a given month. Then she gets on the phone until she has a name and date on each folder. Leaving the blank ones on your desk until they're assigned is a good reminder that you need to get to work. ;)
Ooooo....a GREAT idea!! Can you hear me stealing it???:D

Steal away - that's why I shared. :D

I use the manilla envelopes too
.. there is a great page in our PC binder called Host Information.. I glue it to the front of my folder and on it are spaces for the host's info. show info... the first through third call info. comment space, all kinds of useful stuff...
It should be on the main site under downloads so that you can print it off...I do a whole bunch at a time to keep ready (stealing Ann's idea about setting out a set amount!!) I put all the receipts and any emails that were sent back and forth in it so I can go back if they have questions on what went on.

oh thats a great idea too momma! then when you make your calls for that show, you dont have to dig thru the envelope, its right on the outside!

I was so excited when I found it.. about 5 months into my PC-ing! It made things incredibly organized and easy! I had my hubby look up a host's phone number for me and he could actually find it really easy with my "system". Using his man eyes even! Amazing! :)

Here, I'll be a good momma and post it:D

Attachments

• Host Information Form.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 355
Momma .. what IS your "system"? how do you keep your manilla foldiers etc when your not using them? When my hubby gets deployed in August I'm goign to totally redo the office I think so all of my PC stuff is easily accessible and WELL organized!!!!

OK Im jealous but at the same time Im slyly noting all these Ideas!!
I dont have an office right now. We live in a small apartment with no extra room for setting up a defined space for my paperwork. So currently it follows me to wherever Im choosing to work on a particular day :p Right now its on the couch!!
So I have a binder that I labeled as receipts. Maybe Ill change it to incorporate some of these things.
Thanks again for everyones great ideas and advice

I need to get more organized. I think I will steal some of these great ideas!

Thanks ladies!

I use that host information form, too - it's a great way to make sure you make your 3 host coaching calls and don't forget anything! I file them in the folder when the show is closed, but I do like the idea of stapling or gluing it onto the front of the manila folder - I just stick them in the folder before I go to the show. Before the show, I keep them in the "old" recruiting binder with all of my other PC-related stuff, so if I'm out and about, I can make host calls from the road. I also have all of my recruit's phone numbers, potential recruit list, cust care call log and the monthly specials, along with whatever consultant or recruiting specials are going on. That way, I have everything with me should I run into someone! :)

abrahamlaur said:
Momma .. what IS your "system"? how do you keep your manilla foldiers etc when your not using them? When my hubby gets deployed in August I'm goign to totally redo the office I think so all of my PC stuff is easily accessible and WELL organized!!!!
We are limited on space, so I am really lucky to have a beautiful huge cherry desk we bought from Sam's club.
It has a roll down top and drawers everywhere for office supplies, a file on the bottom left where I keep all my PC stuff that is "old". The top drawer to the left has my current cattys, drawing slips, invites.. so I can assemble envelopes for hosts and guests really easy.
The drawer under it is for bill paying.
Then the file drawer has all the folders for the current year grouped by show number. I suppose there are better ways.. especially if you do lots of shows. You could further organize by month, using different colors too would be great. No one gets into my stuff though so I know where everything is. I keep my stickers, notes from meetings, recipes, etc. in their own folders. um...when I can keep my boys' toys off my desk it looks great.:rolleyes:
I've looked through lots of organizational books but nothing blows my mind.. it all seems to be grouping like items and keeping them in their place.
I did read once to never use sticky notes and to go from using a daily to-do list , into a master list kept in a notebook that doesn't get thrown out.

I just printed 12 host forms on NEON color paper.The reason I picked 12 forms is because on my bullentin board over my desk- I have 12 index cards in a huge circle like a clock. In the center I have a Sucess button from Nancy's. I had put this up last month with a goal to get 12 things going at once. I know it may take some time to 12 things going but I will.

Right now on the board 4 index going on , I have an July kitchen show that just closed, august catalog show (closing on 10th), Sept kitchen schedule (9/6) and my first Wedding Registry. The wedding registry should generate sales in September because the girl's first of 4 showers is Sept. Her wedding is in Jan.2008.

So now I have these 12 folders ready to use when calling about August disconitued items and new catalogs. I know I have 12, but I want SIX set shows (mainly catalog) for August and September because my daughter is due 9/10 with third grandchild. And maw-maw has to babysit when Samatha arrives on 9/10 or earlier!

I have my annual pokereno ladies for supper Friday night here so I am hoping one or two will do a show. One lady is real supporter of my business.

Well, let me do some contacts.

thanks for idea!!

Glad to help! The neon colors should really inspire you too!! congrats on your new grandbaby~ don't forget to take some cattys with you when you go to visit in the hospital! Nurses love Pampered Chef!

As a new consultant I have a silly question.....why would you file your shows by show number? I LOVE the host sheet glued to the front and the manila envelopes so nothing falls out!!! Amazing ideas! I realize theres no right or wrong answer, its how everyone feels as individual. But why not alphabetically or monthly? Thanks for humoring me, btw....

Dena

I find it easy to file by show number.. .they are listed in Pampered Partner this way. If you need to find someone's show number even if they have hosted multiple times, go to show listings and click on the column for last names. This will sort your Hosts alphabetically and makes it easy to find their show number(s). Then you can look them up in your files.

However, there are many folks who don't save paperwork or save it only for a few years/months. Do what makes you comfortable.

Not a silly question, I just have it by show number because it is easy.. I put the new one behind the old one. You could do it any way you want! If you have a better memory than me, monthly would be good too :) or by last name.

Im over 30 and the mother of an8 yr old boy...memory is SHOT! My MOTHER has a better memory than I do!;)

i took the manilla folder idea .. i stappled the host information sheet to the back and wrote the hosts name in the tap. i have all my upcoming shows on my desk and i have filed the closed shows in a hanging folder, so the hosts name is showing up. just gotta get my receipts up to date so i can file taxes!!

chefjeanine said:
....Shhh. Don't tell the folks who are shredding their paperwork that I have 6 years of shows in my file cabinet. One of these days I’ll begin at show number one and start shredding.

I am right there with you - I signed my agreement Feb. 2001 and have not shred one bit of show information yet!!!:eek: Maybe once school starts I will dig in while the kids are gone!?!?!:rolleyes:

I have used 2 different labels for file folder tabs...I first started with a generic label so I could hand write the info and then I started typing the info so I could actually read it!! Here is the generic label:

View attachment PC Host File Labels.doc

and this is what I have on the typed labels:

0003 - K 3/30/2001
Leea Harris 763.123.4567
123 Any Street
Any City, MN 12345

Top line is the show # and then what type of show it is (K used to be for Kitchen show before they changed them to cooking - you could do how ever you want - Cook/Cat/Bridal/Fund...etc.), then I have the date of the show. The rest is all the host info.

What is the best way to organize my receipt folder?

The best way to organize your receipt folder is to create categories such as groceries, household items, personal care, etc. within the folder. Then, sort your receipts according to these categories and label them with the date and store name for easy tracking.

How often should I update my receipt folder?

It is recommended to update your receipt folder at least once a week. This will ensure that your receipts are organized and easy to find when needed. You can also set a reminder on your phone or calendar to help you remember.

Should I keep all my receipts or just the important ones?

It is not necessary to keep every single receipt in your folder. Keep receipts for items that may need to be returned or exchanged, big purchases, and any tax-deductible expenses. You can also keep digital copies of your receipts to save space and reduce clutter.

How can I make sure my receipts don't fade or get damaged?

To prevent your receipts from fading or getting damaged, you can store them in a plastic sleeve or use clear tape to protect them. You can also take a photo of your receipts and save them on your phone or computer as a backup.

Is there a digital alternative to a physical receipt folder?

Yes, there are various apps and software available that can help you organize your receipts digitally. Some even allow you to scan your physical receipts and save them electronically. This can be a convenient and eco-friendly option for managing your receipts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Jessamary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless