• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get Hosts to "Book in Close"??

In summary, The person is a salesperson and is new to PC. They don't want to let someone know their February is free. They offer to make themselves seem in demand and give the person the choice of a few dates that are close that work for them.
esavvymom
Staff member
I know they talk about it and make it sound "so easy"...but realistically, how are you accomplishing this? I have a very WIDE OPEN February calendar.

I'd love to get a few shows for the week of the 8th, but how are you guys accomplishing it? And I mean specifics- because just 'getting on the phone' isn't enough. I bumble with my words as it is! even with a script.... What are you saying or offering to get them to schedule a show within 2 weeks?

esavvymom said:
I know they talk about it and make it sound "so easy"...but realistically, how are you accomplishing this? I have a very WIDE OPEN February calendar.

I'd love to get a few shows for the week of the 8th, but how are you guys accomplishing it? And I mean specifics- because just 'getting on the phone' isn't enough. I bumble with my words as it is! even with a script.... What are you saying or offering to get them to schedule a show within 2 weeks?

I'm new to PC but I'm a salesperson at my full-time job. Don't let someone know your February is free. Make yourself seem in demand and give them the choice of a few dates that are close that work for you.

I was going to say the same thing. Call your leads and tell them how awesome Feb is...."It's We Love Our Hosts Month, and TPC is allowing you to pick from our 9 most popular items! I know you had mentioned wanting to book a show, so I thought I'd call and see if you wanted the last 2 slots I have available." When the person is unsure because it's a quick turnaround...say, "Hosts who have a party with little notice tend to have higher attendance because everyone knows what they're doing in the next week or two. Let's get your friends and family together, have some fun and get you lots of free goodies."

HTH

Well, I booked one close in totally by accident! :) At my party last Sunday, I had my Calendar & at the top, I wrote "We LOVE our hosts in February!" I had 4 days outlined in red with hearts on them. I also put a different host "gift" on each day that I had open. I told them if they booked, not only could they get the great host specials, but would get a gift from me because we LOVE our Feb hosts! What totally surprised me was that a gal had marked "maybe" about hosting & when I asked her about it & told her about my deal for Feb she pulled out her calendar & said "next Sunday would work". :) Totally surprised! So, my "gifts" are "get the guest special as well as the host special", free rub, free bamboo set and 20% off a batter bowl. I've never tried this, so I thought I would give it a shot. Hopefully, I am on a roll and I can book a few more for the month this way. I am also planning on sending out an email re: the stoneware special. Probably set it up as a Online "show" to close by 2/15 if I get enough interest. :)

Hi there! I completely understand where you're coming from. It can definitely be challenging to fill up your calendar with shows, especially when you have a wide open month like February. But don't worry, there are definitely some specific steps you can take to make it happen.First and foremost, I highly recommend utilizing your network. Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and let them know about your availability for shows in February. You never know who might be interested in hosting a party or who might know someone who is looking to host.Next, make sure you are offering some incentives for booking a show in the next two weeks. This could be a special discount or free product for the host, or even a special offer for their guests. People are more likely to book a show when they feel like they are getting a good deal.When reaching out to potential hosts, be confident and passionate about the products and the opportunity to host a party. Share with them the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free and discounted products, and the fun experience of getting together with friends and family.If you struggle with talking on the phone, you could also try sending out personalized emails or messages through social media. This can give you more time to carefully craft your words and express your excitement for hosting a party.Lastly, don't be afraid to follow up with potential hosts. Sometimes people need a gentle reminder or a little nudge to commit to hosting a show. And remember, even if you don't fill up your entire calendar, don't get discouraged. Every show you book is a success and a step towards growing your business.I hope these specific tips help you in filling up your February calendar. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to reach out to your fellow consultants for support and advice. We're all in this together! Best of luck to you.

What does "booking in close" mean?

"Booking in close" refers to the practice of getting hosts to schedule their parties or events within a short timeframe, typically within the next 2-3 weeks. This allows for a more consistent and efficient booking schedule for the consultant.

Why is it important to get hosts to book in close?

Booking in close helps to maintain a steady flow of parties and events, which can lead to increased sales and bookings for the consultant. It also allows for better time management and organization for the consultant's business.

How can I encourage hosts to book in close?

One way to encourage hosts to book in close is by offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, for parties booked within a certain timeframe. You can also emphasize the benefits of booking in close, such as having a more successful party and receiving their products sooner.

What should I do if a host is unable to book in close?

If a host is unable to book in close, try to find a compromise that works for both of you. This could include finding a different date or offering a virtual party option. It's important to be flexible and understanding while still promoting the benefits of booking in close.

How can I maintain a consistent schedule for booking in close?

To maintain a consistent schedule for booking in close, make sure to regularly follow up with potential hosts and have a system in place for tracking and scheduling parties. You can also plan ahead and offer incentives for booking in close before your calendar fills up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
  • booksx2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
boisechef
  • TheFreddiesCook