• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Full-Time-Rs Do It?!! :)

In summary, the conversation focused on the challenges of juggling customer care duties while also working full time and managing family commitments. Many of the participants admitted to struggling with keeping up with customer care calls and instead opt for sending thank you notes or postcards. Some mentioned the importance of following up with potential bookings and team members, while others acknowledged that they do what they can with the limited time they have. The conversation ended with a discussion about the effectiveness of sending thank you notes and whether or not to mention potential bookings or opportunities.
babywings76
Gold Member
Oh my goodness! I am swimming in customer care duties! I have had such a busy show calendar this month and I loved it! But now I have so much follow-up work to do. I'm a bit overwhelmed. This week I'm glad I don't have any more shows because I still need to close 4 shows. And I have 4 catty shows out there somewhere. Plus I'm printing off receipts from all the outside orders and mailing them off, calling up all the potential bookings from the shows, making customer care calls, etc. :eek: Aahh! Taking a deep breath....

It's the customer care and after care issues that get me when I do more than 8 shows a month. It does get overwhelming.

When I'm doing 8 shows a month, my customer care seriously drops off. If it's a straight forward 'everything okay' call, I intentionally ring them up when I know they won't be home. I leave a nice friendly message and my contact info should they have any problems. This way I can knock out a whole show's worth of calls in only a few minutes. (If there is the possibility of a booking or other business, I do try to actually talk with them.)

Honestly... as much as I would like to have the time to do CCC, I really don't have the time. I just did 10 shows this month and I work full time. I know I may be missing out on something by not following up but I do what I can for my business.

Wadesgirl...I hear you. I also did 10 shows this month and work FT. What CCC? Between doing shows, closing shows, sending out next months host packets, follow up with upcoming hosts/future host follow up...blah, blah, blah, who has time for CCC. Plus there is family commitments, my house needs to be cleaned, etc. I have been with a city job for 10 years so the idea of quitting and doing PC FT is not going to happen. There is only so much time in the evening to be on the phone (I am usually glued to it from 7-9 p.m.). We do what we can in the time we have.

Whew...it's good to hear that I am normal!!! I work full time and I have all I can do to do 2 parties a week. This time of year doesn't seem as busy as it has in past years as far as the number of parties, but the sales are good and I am at a pace I can handle (I think the climb up "the hill" and hitting 50 this year has something to do with it!!:cry::grumpy:)

Customer Care calls do go by the way side for me too. One of my cluster mates discribed it as the man trying to keep the 10 spinning plates going without one of them falling!! You do the best you can.

For me, doing the party the best way possible for the host (which I have faultered with) and following up on phone calls is the most important. And, of course, keeping up with your team members. I am surely not a text book example.

Okay, I'll admit to totally blowing off ccc when my schedule is really busy.:blushing:

I really don't have the time to make CCC.

I am terrible at CCC, but I send thank you notes or postcards to all my buyers and that goes a long way too. It is easier to write thank yous, than call, i think. I don't work full time, Ibut I have 2 kids under 3 and a teenager and they are like a full time job.

merego said:
I am terrible at CCC, but I send thank you notes or postcards to all my buyers and that goes a long way too. It is easier to write thank yous, than call, i think. I don't work full time, Ibut I have 2 kids under 3 and a teenager and they are like a full time job.

What kind of response if any, do you get from these? What do you say... just thanks or do you mention bookings, oppt? Inquiring minds want to know!:confused:

Whew, glad to hear I'm not alone with this! But since you are making the effort, try keeping up with it.

heat123 said:
What kind of response if any, do you get from these? What do you say... just thanks or do you mention bookings, oppt? Inquiring minds want to know!:confused:

I just say thank you for your order, I know you'll love your ( whatever they ordered). i mention I'll send them recipes if they gave me their e-mail. I say please let me know if I can help you with hosting a party or our business opportunity in the future. I put one of my cards in too.
I realize phone calls are cheaper than postage, but I think people like that personal touch and I hate the phone~ ha ha :)

I get a good response, if they didn't give me their e-mail, I usually get a phone call or e-mail asking for recipes or outlet specials. I have had success with it.

I am also way behind on my cc calls, and feel so guilty about it.

I found it interesting at a recent training I went to (Jan from Home Office came), that there were at least 3-4 Advanced Directors and Senior Directors (one is on the cover of the opportunity brochure), and all of them admitted they did not do customer care calls (but knew they needed to). (It was a session where we got into groups of parts of business that we wanted to improve on, ie. CC, host coaching, bookings, etc., and they were all part of the "Customer Care" group).

I work alot... I have 5 jobs, at last count, and they all want me full time!!! In November, I think I will end up with 11 shows and yes, CC is not the best. What I find that works best for me is that I always have a list of people to call with me at any given time. Today, on lunch break, I made three calls, etc. Waiting in the bank drive-thru, another one. They don't get made as soon as they should, but I am slowly chipping away at them.

Do the best you can, something is better than nothing.

ccc's made during day -UNLESS I think I may get some bookings and/or I need bookings and have run out of leads. Now, having admitted that, I am way behind and I need January shows. Guess I'll be making those calls in the evening this week.

My biggest challenge outside of those calls? Office organization. I have boxes. Yes boxes of "stuff". Some I'm not even really sure what is in there. And when the show schedule gets busy, it gets way worse.

I lack discipline. Pure and simple.

amy07 said:
ccc's made during day -UNLESS I think I may get some bookings and/or I need bookings and have run out of leads. Now, having admitted that, I am way behind and I need January shows. Guess I'll be making those calls in the evening this week.

My biggest challenge outside of those calls? Office organization. I have boxes. Yes boxes of "stuff". Some I'm not even really sure what is in there. And when the show schedule gets busy, it gets way worse.

I lack discipline. Pure and simple

I love you!:love:

That describes me to a "T"! boxes and boxes of stuff!:eek: It's scary in my office, which has now spilled over into the hallway, and up the steps!

merego said:
I get a good response, if they didn't give me their e-mail, I usually get a phone call or e-mail asking for recipes or outlet specials. I have had success with it.

Good for you! Since I hardly ever do CCs, I should start doing this!;)

What do people consider F/T with PC?

I lack CONSISTENCY - one month I do $10,000 - one month I do $3,000. :S

stefani2 said:
What do people consider F/T with PC?

I lack CONSISTENCY - one month I do $10,000 - one month I do $3,000. :S

That's a great range! $10k would be full time to me even 3K lol!

ChefBeckyD said:

That describes me to a "T"! boxes and boxes of stuff!:eek: It's scary in my office, which has now spilled over into the hallway, and up the steps!

And I too am in this catagory! My home looks like a box convention! Although, I am collecting boxes in anticipation of selling off the products I do not use. (that is my excuse for today!!)

baychef said:
And I too am in this catagory! My home looks like a box convention! Although, I am collecting boxes in anticipation of selling off the products I do not use. (that is my excuse for today!!)

Good thing we get an endless supply of nice sized boxes from PC!:D

Oh wow, you guys have your stuff in boxes?! Hmmm, that would make my many piles easier to ignore. Oh wait, what piles? I don't see no stinkin' piles.:rolleyes:

legacypc46 said:
Oh wow, you guys have your stuff in boxes?! Hmmm, that would make my many piles easier to ignore. Oh wait, what piles? I don't see no stinkin' piles.:rolleyes:

Piles easier to ignore? It makes them easier to move, then ignore.

And if I remember correctly, boxes are NOT the best method for you. ;) Or for your husband! Wasn't he the one who had to do a catty show to replace your samples?

I think organization tactics should be a class at Conference. And it needs to be broken down into 2 categories (or more): filers OR pilers. Files scare me - I like to SEE what I have, even if it is buried under other things I have:rolleyes:

amy07 said:
Piles easier to ignore? It makes them easier to move, then ignore.

And if I remember correctly, boxes are NOT the best method for you. ;) Or for your husband! Wasn't he the one who had to do a catty show to replace your samples?

I think organization tactics should be a class at Conference. And it needs to be broken down into 2 categories (or more): filers OR pilers. Files scare me - I like to SEE what I have, even if it is buried under other things I have:rolleyes:

Exactly! The reason I can't take the tips of neatnik organizers and get organized myself, is that really, my mind rebels at being that organized! If everything is tucked away and out of sight how will I ever find it - or remember where it is or what I have?

Nice to know I'm not the only one too. CCC have been lacking lately, especially with my full show schedule I had in November (and I work FT as well). I did enjoy being that busy with shows though, so I do believe I will keep it up. Two shows a week is great, if I can keep myself organized, which I have been doing well at, thanks to tips and tricks from many of you (a special thank you to WinnipegK, wadesgirl and stefani2 for your help and words of encouragement :)).

One thing I heard on a Belinda Ellsworth CD regarding CCCs is to choose customers who have spent over a certain amount. You decide what that amount is. That relieves the pressure of thinking you need to call EVERYONE!

And, for those who have BOXES of stuff in your office, take just 15 minutes a day (set your timers!) and go through them. You'll be amazed how much you get done in those little bits of time. When we look at the big picture, we get overwhelmed. Break it down into little tasks, and it doesn't seem so bad. You can do the same for phone calls and other tasks.

PChefPEI said:
Nice to know I'm not the only one too. CCC have been lacking lately, especially with my full show schedule I had in November (and I work FT as well). I did enjoy being that busy with shows though, so I do believe I will keep it up. Two shows a week is great, if I can keep myself organized, which I have been doing well at, thanks to tips and tricks from many of you (a special thank you to WinnipegK, wadesgirl and stefani2 for your help and words of encouragement :)).

One thing I heard on a Belinda Ellsworth CD regarding CCCs is to choose customers who have spent over a certain amount. You decide what that amount is. That relieves the pressure of thinking you need to call EVERYONE!

And, for those who have BOXES of stuff in your office, take just 15 minutes a day (set your timers!) and go through them. You'll be amazed how much you get done in those little bits of time. When we look at the big picture, we get overwhelmed. Break it down into little tasks, and it doesn't seem so bad. You can do the same for phone calls and other tasks.

Your welcome! Glad to help out!

PChefPEI said:
. When we look at the big picture, we get overwhelmed.

But I like seeing the big picture. If it isn't in my line of sight, it isn't in my brain either. (I'm not actually that bad, but given my preference, everything would be visible. In the interest of marital harimony, I tolerate such things as drawers and cabinets.)

...and yep, it was my hubby who threw away one of my June SAT boxes:grumpy:

PChefPEI said:

bwahahahahha!! You're kidding right?!?!:D:D:D
See, the problem with us "pilers" is that when we start going thru a box, we create more piles. it's a vicious cycle.

I have found the best method is this..................
1. box it
2. if I have not had to go into said box for 6+ months, then it's time to burn the box. And I do mean burn. As in set afire. Like put lighter fluid on it and burn the ENTIRE box. No peeking at said contents. If anything survives the fire, then I am meant to keep it. If not, it's up in smoke.
3. If I have had to rummage thru the box within the 6months, it's lifespan starts over. There MAY be something important in there.

just kidding......kind of:rolleyes::eek:

legacypc46 said:
but I like seeing The Big Picture. If It Isn't In My Line Of Sight, It Isn't In My Brain Either. (i'm Not Actually That Bad, But Given My Preference, everything would Be Visible. In The Interest Of Marital Harimony, I Tolerate Such Things As Drawers And Cabinets.)

...and Yep, It Was My Hubby Who Threw Away One Of My June Sat Boxes:grumpy:

Exactly!!:d:d

amy07 said:
bwahahahahha!! You're kidding right?!?!:D:D:D
See, the problem with us "pilers" is that when we start going thru a box, we create more piles. it's a vicious cycle.

I have found the best method is this..................
1. box it
2. if I have not had to go into said box for 6+ months, then it's time to burn the box. And I do mean burn. As in set afire. Like put lighter fluid on it and burn the ENTIRE box. No peeking at said contents. If anything survives the fire, then I am meant to keep it. If not, it's up in smoke.
3. If I have had to rummage thru the box within the 6months, it's lifespan starts over. There MAY be something important in there.

just kidding......kind of:rolleyes::eek:

I had no idea we were so much alike!

When I was young and single, I moved every year or so. Often because of my job. So, when I would move to a new place, stuff would always stay in boxes. When it came time to move again, if there was stuff still in boxes from the last move, I would just throw the box in the dumpster - obviously, if I'd lived without it for a year, I could live without it.

Wish DH would let me do that now. He is actually the REAL packrat in the family. He gets upset if I throw away junk mail before he reads it. :rolleyes:

Uh Becky, you are starting to scare me! I did the exact same thing. And still do.

Interesting question.

I was wondering the same thing. I work FT too and can barely seem to call hosts and host coach. I can't imagine making CCC.

I think what is starting to get to me when I have more shows are the trips to the PO and bank at lunchtime. So, some weeks, depending on how the shows close and when I get checks, I could spend 3 lunch breaks during the week doing these things.

I have also become frustrated trying to get a hold of HO. It's almost like I have to plan my evening around it. If I don't call in AS SOON as I get home (and get on the call back list) then forget it. Tonight they weren't offering call back by the time I called. I can't call during the day since I am at work.

So, if I get on the "callback", then that hampers me leaving the house or making calls anywhere near the time I might get the callback.

Last week, the call back time was 3:40 hr - 4 + hours!! That had put the time that it could have been at something like 10:45 pm. So I had to stay up and keep the computer on waiting for the call.

I just feel that the wait time might be less during the day. Not sure if that is accurate.

ChefBeckyD said:

My office is a disaster too!! Right now some of the drawer and closet space is taken up w/ my BF's stuff (why does a guy need a different drawer for white t-shirts vs black/dark t-shirts?) and Christmas and is acting as the "catch-all" and is SERIOUSLY a disaster!! I can't even stand to walk into the room to even consider CCC b/c I just can't focus. I have a desktop PC up there but I work from my laptop downstairs b/c I can't stand the mess. :yuck:

I am so glad to hear I am not alone!!:D

I feel like I just read an entire thread about ME!! I was laughing so hard my husband came over to see what was going on. I read him the posts and he rolled his eyes. He dispises my boxes and totes of "stuff". I am currently sitting at my desk with sleeping Matthew in my arms staring at the piles and knocked over piles of paper covering my desk!!

Oh and I have so moved and moved and moved again with boxes of crap. It is currently in my attic or garage.

laylaleigh said:
Oh and I have so moved and moved and moved again with boxes of crap. It is currently in my attic or garage.

Do NOT get me started on the garage!!! Oy vay!! When BF was gone this summer I cleaned that garage spotless (2.5 bay) and when he came home and moved in, there are now pathways...yes pathways...before he came home two cars could have fit in there...now...the 4 wheeler doesn't even fit.

Anyone need a washer/dryer??? One of the perks of BF moving in...FRONT LOADERS!!!! :love:

pampered.chris said:
My office is a disaster too!! Right now some of the drawer and closet space is taken up w/ my BF's stuff (why does a guy need a different drawer for white t-shirts vs black/dark t-shirts?) and Christmas and is acting as the "catch-all" and is SERIOUSLY a disaster!! I can't even stand to walk into the room to even consider CCC b/c I just can't focus. I have a desktop PC up there but I work from my laptop downstairs b/c I can't stand the mess. :yuck:

I am so glad to hear I am not alone!!:D

chris, are you living at my house?? ha ha

I'm going INSANE!!! I closed 2 show yesterday, and 3 shows today, and I still have 2 more to do this week! I NEVER EVER EVER WANNA DO THIS MANY SHOWS AT ONCE!!! LOL I got into a fight with the bank teller over $.11 on my checks today, I finally said screw it, but told her when her draw is added up $.11 over, to remember me cause I want my money! LOL

I'm ready to quit my full time job just to take care of my PC stuff and I'm just beginning... lol it won't be so crazy after this week, I just had all of my shows packed into one week, and had 2 cattie shows close this week too!

If possible, email HO instead. TRUE, it may take a couple days to get a response, which I think is crazy since it should be quicker to email vs taking a call. However, it's less of your time actively thinking about it. Plus, you can do it at anytime of the day/night!I know that the most important thing for not feeling overwhelmed is organization. If only there were a method that would work for everyone (at keep itself going too). Doing much of the same task at once helps. Different days for different tasks.I LOVE to be organized. I just wish that my house loved it too. I think it's plotting against me b/c everytime I get things organized, I turn around and it looks just like it did the day before!

Legacypc46 - I know what you mean about having to see everything. I'm totally visual too, and am working on not having to actually see everything that is in my office. I figure if I can find a home for all my "stuff" and know where it is, then I don't have to see it. For papers that I do need to see, I can set up file holders on the wall, or on a desk.

Amy - glad I could make you laugh...:D I love your box idea. I've heard it before, just never put it into practice!! :rolleyes:

Kathleen - Yes, I agree with Jules, email HO instead of call. As she says, it may take a couple days, but would free you up for making calls and other things you need to get done.

Okay, now don't laugh at me. I have another idea. I got the book "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh (I :love: Peter Walsh!! :)) and I think it will be my solution!! I borrowed it from the library at work, but I do believe I will have to buy it for myself! ;)

*ding*
count me among the pile-filers and box-storers.Those PC boxes are awesome for packing away clothes that are too small for one son but still too big for the younger one... if I actually got around to putting them into the boxes.PChefPEI - You and your 15 minutes. Do I detect a flybaby?

myinnerchef said:
PChefPEI - You and your 15 minutes. Do I detect a flybaby?

hehe...I actually have not done the flybaby thing for a while. I always have too many "self improvement" things on the go...:rolleyes: I actually got the idea from Belinda Ellsworth and her Power Hour.

i need to get back into flybaby! I need to organize my life and house!

The Flylady drove me crazy.

I guess I just don't want to be that organized. I couldn't stand having thousands of email reminders to do things all through the day.

I want it to magically be organized, and stay that way. I need to hire a permanent, on-call 24 hours a day, professional organizer/housekeeper.

Yeah - that's what I need!:D

Glad to hear I'm not the only "piler"! I inherited that trait from my dad:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
The Flylady drove me crazy.

I guess I just don't want to be that organized. I couldn't stand having thousands of email reminders to do things all through the day.

I want it to magically be organized, and stay that way. I need to hire a permanent, on-call 24 hours a day, professional organizer/housekeeper.

Yeah - that's what I need!:D

that would be my husband:D:D:D

I think he really enjoys cleaning.

I guess it's true - opposites attract;)

Last edited:

Related to How Do You Full-Time-Rs Do It?!! :)

1. How do you manage your busy show schedule while also handling customer care duties?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that having a busy show calendar can be overwhelming. To manage this, we recommend prioritizing tasks and setting aside dedicated time for customer care duties. This can include setting specific days or times for follow-up calls, organizing receipts and orders, and staying organized with a planner or digital calendar.

2. How do you handle follow-up work after a busy show?

After a busy show, it's important to stay organized and prioritize follow-up tasks. This can include sending out receipts, calling potential bookings, and following up with customers who expressed interest in purchasing products. We also recommend setting aside dedicated time each day to tackle these tasks to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

3. How do you stay on top of customer care while also managing outside orders?

Managing outside orders can be challenging while also handling customer care duties. To stay on top of this, we recommend setting aside specific times during the day to process and fulfill outside orders. This can include printing off receipts and mailing them out, as well as keeping track of inventory and restocking as needed.

4. What is the best way to handle potential bookings from shows?

Potential bookings from shows are crucial for maintaining a successful Pampered Chef business. We recommend following up with potential bookings within 24-48 hours after the show. This can include sending a thank-you email or text with your contact information and availability for future shows.

5. How do you manage customer care calls on top of all your other duties?

Customer care calls are an important aspect of maintaining a successful Pampered Chef business. To manage these calls, we recommend setting aside dedicated time each day to make these calls. This can include calling customers who have recently placed orders, following up with potential bookings, and addressing any customer concerns or inquiries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ameliasurf
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcchefmichelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Skippylouwho
  • naekelsey