1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser How do you contribute your comm. to FRs?

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I liked the idea of giving the org. part of my own commision. So how do you handle doing this say if I want to contribute 10%? I was told it wasn't done thru PP? So do I cut them a personal check once I get my commission check? :confused:

Oct 27, 2005
  2. Kristen

Kristen Member

Yes, you would send them a personal check. Don't forget you can count this as a charitable deduction when it comes to tax time!

Oct 27, 2005
  3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Charitable donations

I did this with a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser. I sent out a personal check to the Cancer Society and had to put it in as a Show Expense.
    Charitable Donations are only deductable if they are a certain percentage of your income. And I mean they need to be really high in dollars. Your total donations for the year must exceed about 30% of your income I think.
    I donate roughly $2000 a year and because my income is what it is, that was not enough to deduct as a charitable donation on my income tax. So this year any donations I put out there via Pampered Chef, I wrote in as a Show Expense. Sounds dumb but I refuse to let Uncle Sam get any more than he should.

Nov 30, 2005
  4. DeeisPampered

DeeisPampered Novice Member

John you are right. I prep taxes and this is a good way around donation requirement!

Jan 16, 2006
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted