1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser How do you contribute your comm. to FRs?

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I liked the idea of giving the org. part of my own commision. So how do you handle doing this say if I want to contribute 10%? I was told it wasn't done thru PP? So do I cut them a personal check once I get my commission check? :confused:

Oct 27, 2005
  2. Kristen

Kristen Member

Yes, you would send them a personal check. Don't forget you can count this as a charitable deduction when it comes to tax time!

Oct 27, 2005
  3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Charitable donations

I did this with a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser. I sent out a personal check to the Cancer Society and had to put it in as a Show Expense.
    Charitable Donations are only deductable if they are a certain percentage of your income. And I mean they need to be really high in dollars. Your total donations for the year must exceed about 30% of your income I think.
    I donate roughly $2000 a year and because my income is what it is, that was not enough to deduct as a charitable donation on my income tax. So this year any donations I put out there via Pampered Chef, I wrote in as a Show Expense. Sounds dumb but I refuse to let Uncle Sam get any more than he should.

Nov 30, 2005
  4. DeeisPampered

DeeisPampered Novice Member

John you are right. I prep taxes and this is a good way around donation requirement!

Jan 16, 2006
Have something to add?