• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Pitch to Relay For Life: Tips & Success Stories

In summary, the Relay For Life participant made a fundraiser pitch to local teams and had a good response. He explained that he can't contribute his full commission due to the costs of materials, but offered to pitch in an extra 5% or 10% for team members who sell more than $700. He also mentioned that if someone is interested in setting up a booth, they are welcome to do so.
sklay723
Gold Member
So I made my fundraiser pitch to the local Relay For Life group tonight, to help them raise money for the American Cancer Society. There are 30 teams currently signed up, but not all of them had representatives present. I had about 5 people approach me after the meeting to get their two catalogs (to start with) and fill out a customer care card so I can follow up with them. Not too shabby! I told them if they sell less than $700, I'll pitch in an extra 5% of my own commission to make it 15% total earned for their team, and if they sell more than $700 I'll pitch in 10% of my own commission to give them 25% total. I explained that the only reason I can't contribute my full commission is that I have to be able to cover my costs (catalogs, gas/mileage, copies, order forms, etc.).
Can anyone give me suggestions on other things I can offer? I told them about online ordering, and made sure they understand they can't link my site to theirs without permission from HO. I just want to help them succeed with this, because it could be a great thing for both them AND me. I've done a fundraiser before as part of a vendor fair for a scholarship fund, and it didn't do so great...but it was only a 3-hour thing and this has the potential to be SOOOOO much more. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
TIA. :)

FYI- when you set up a FR on your PWS, there's a little online form you can fill out to request permission from HO to link to the PWS. You do need the website address they'll be linking from (so HO can check it out). So if you didn't get websites from the people who are doing it already, call them!Also, the percentage from HO goes up at $600, not $700.

Hi There,
I am participating in the Relay for Life! I have never done a fundraiser before and I am interested in how you are doing it. Also, I have looked in the Policy and Procedures and I am still not very clear on how much they actually can make. Just wondering if anyone knows a little more.....thanks

Hi, MaryKate.

The percentage that the organization gets is tiered. At $150 - $599.99, the organization gets 10% of sales before tax and shipping. Anything above $600 is calculated at 15%. Plus they receive $3 per future booking from the fund raiser, so make sure you get those before you close this show! Your commission is not tiered, however. You'll either receive the 15% commission, or 17% if you've reached the $15K in career sales.

I am walking in June with "walk now for autism" and was thinking about doing a fundraiser to raise money for that cause. . . . My question is how do i set this up . . . with me as the chairperson and the Autism Foundation as the group i'm raising money for, even though it's not local (they're in CA & I'm in OK)? Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I've been going through the threads trying to figure this out. My boss will be doing a booth at the Relay For Life here in our area. She asked me if I'd be interested in setting up a booth. I'm not sure how this would work for me. If it gets me exposure and helps support a cause I'm all for it. Just not sure what to do. Can someone who's experienced in this give me some advice?

Did you have a Letter or format that you presented to them? I would love to know more.

sklay723 said:
So I made my fundraiser pitch to the local Relay For Life group tonight, to help them raise money for the American Cancer Society. There are 30 teams currently signed up, but not all of them had representatives present. I had about 5 people approach me after the meeting to get their two catalogs (to start with) and fill out a customer care card so I can follow up with them. Not too shabby! I told them if they sell less than $700, I'll pitch in an extra 5% of my own commission to make it 15% total earned for their team, and if they sell more than $700 I'll pitch in 10% of my own commission to give them 25% total. I explained that the only reason I can't contribute my full commission is that I have to be able to cover my costs (catalogs, gas/mileage, copies, order forms, etc.).
Can anyone give me suggestions on other things I can offer? I told them about online ordering, and made sure they understand they can't link my site to theirs without permission from HO. I just want to help them succeed with this, because it could be a great thing for both them AND me. I've done a fundraiser before as part of a vendor fair for a scholarship fund, and it didn't do so great...but it was only a 3-hour thing and this has the potential to be SOOOOO much more. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
TIA. :)

I am working with Relay for Life for a fundraiser and their team meeting is next week. Do you have any files you can share from the presentation you made? I have been looking around the site and cannot find any files for RFL.

TIA

What is the Pampered Chef fundraiser pitch for Relay For Life?

The Pampered Chef fundraiser pitch for Relay For Life is a program that allows individuals or groups to host a party or event using Pampered Chef products, with a portion of the sales being donated to Relay For Life.

How do I get started with the Pampered Chef fundraiser for Relay For Life?

To get started, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the Pampered Chef corporate office. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to host a successful fundraiser.

What are some tips for a successful Pampered Chef fundraiser for Relay For Life?

Some tips for a successful fundraiser include promoting the event through social media and word of mouth, offering incentives or prizes for top sellers, and hosting the event in a high-traffic area or at a community event.

Can I customize the Pampered Chef fundraiser to fit the needs of my Relay For Life team?

Yes, you can customize the fundraiser to fit the needs of your team. You can choose specific Pampered Chef products to feature, set your own sales goals, and even offer a percentage of sales to go directly to your team's fundraising efforts.

What are some success stories from previous Pampered Chef fundraisers for Relay For Life?

There have been many successful Pampered Chef fundraisers for Relay For Life, with some teams raising thousands of dollars. One success story is a team that raised over $10,000 by hosting multiple parties and leveraging social media to promote the event. Another team had a successful fundraiser by hosting a Pampered Chef booth at a local fair, with all proceeds going towards their Relay For Life team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
3girls
  • ChristineH
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tash