1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings How do u donate per. commission to FRs?

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I am doing a fundraiser for my daughter's school and want to donate
    5-10% of my own commission. How do you handle it? I was told you do not enter it through PP? So do I send the school a personal check once I receive my commission after the FR? :confused:

Oct 27, 2005
  2. SBinkley

SBinkley Novice Member

whenever I do a fundraiser, I donate an additional 5% of my commission. And yes, I just write them a personal check. Personally, I write it out of my PC account, so I can track it better

Oct 27, 2005
  3. heat123

thank you!

just needed to clarify!

Oct 27, 2005
  4. cla519

cla519 Member

What you could do also is put it in as a kitchen show and you give all your commission to the fundraiser and you would be able to take the kitchen tools that a host would get for free for yourself.

Oct 27, 2005
  5. heat123

hmm but the booking bonus would cost $6 ea. for me

I was going to match PC with their bonus to sweeten the deal for them! uumm I will have to think about this one! This is ok to do-legally?

Oct 27, 2005
  6. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't think so

I would contact HO before doing this. I do not think this is legal.

When I do fund raisers, I give 10% of my commission to the fundraisers when they reach $600, this way they get 25% donated. I write a personal check out of my Pampered Chef account to the organization, I then get a receipt from the chairperson for tax purposes.

Oct 27, 2005
  7. cla519

cla519 Member

I was told by my director and Senior director that it is perfectly legal. As long as you let the person who you are fundraising for know what you are doing it is fine because they get more money than PC would give them unless they want the product then they keep the free stuff and could give them a little money out of your commission. And $6 for every party booked would not be that much out of your commission and it is only given after the party is held as far as I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Oct 27, 2005
Have something to add?