• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I properly clean my Salad/Berry Spinner?

They are fine to DW.The lid is not dishwasher safe according to the use and care card, but the PIG says it is. I think it's a waste to disassemble it. The PIG also says that "if the water gets inside the lid, just use a dish towel to dry it out." So, basically, just be sure to dry it off if it does get wet.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

I threw away my use and care card...and checked on CC for this info:

I know you have to hand wash the lid and it says NOT to disassemble the lid. Is it OK to get totally wet? Will water get inside the lid?

Anyone already cleaned theirs? I just don't want to mess it up, but I used it for berries today and need to clean it to take to a show tonight!

Thanks!

The use and care says "do not submegre in water."

Anyone know if it's ok to rinse it under running water?

Yes. That's fine just don't submerge.

So Beth - is it DWS???

The bowl and colanders are. It says not to crowd them in the DW though or they will become misshapen. That part made sense to me on CC under product use, but the whole lid cleaning part was pretty vague.

Why would it say not to submerge on the use and care card but not on the PIG? I never save my use and care cards, since I know I can refer to the PIG.

Oh!!! DWS - DishWasherSafe! Sorry, I didn't get it!:p

Personally I do not plan to put any of it in the DW. As Kelly said, the bowl and the colanders are DWS but to me they would take up too much room. You are already rinsing them when done with them. Add a little soap, rinse and you're done!

My answer to guests who ask that question will be: "Yes, the bowl and colanders are DWS* but why would you?"

*Will probably use that acronym all the time now :rolleyes:

Yes, I have washed mine under running water. It's been fine. I've used mine several times already and love it.

I understand that the clear bowl gets scratched up easily and will look better if you keep it out of the DW. Some DWs also will make it cloudy, so I'd handwash it. I have DW'd the baskets, though.

Related to How do I properly clean my Salad/Berry Spinner?

What is the capacity of the Salad/Berry Spinner?

The Salad/Berry Spinner has a capacity of 6 to 8 cups of salad or berries.

Is the Salad/Berry Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad/Berry Spinner is dishwasher safe on the top rack.

What is the purpose of the removable dividers in the Salad/Berry Spinner?

The removable dividers in the Salad/Berry Spinner help to keep the contents separate and prevent bruising of delicate berries.

Can I use the Salad/Berry Spinner for other vegetables besides lettuce and berries?

Yes, the Salad/Berry Spinner can be used for other vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower. However, it may not be suitable for larger or harder vegetables like carrots or cucumbers.

How do I clean the Salad/Berry Spinner?

The Salad/Berry Spinner can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. The lid and bowl are also top-rack dishwasher safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • JAE
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies