• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle payment for a fundraiser where I am reinvesting my commission?

In summary, this individual did a Cooking Show in March where they donated half of their commission to a family who lost everything in a fire. They gained a life-long customer because of their generosity.
yummy4tummy
I have a question to those that practice submitting fundraisers as cooking shows. When do you give them their percentage of earnings...when the show closes or after PC pays you your commission on the show? If the latter, does anyone have a problem waiting? I think this is a great idea, however, being new to this and reinvesting almost everything back into product and supplies, my bank account is way to low to offer payment until PC pays me my commission. Any feedback would be great. Valerie

I would think that anyone doing a fundraiser would be fine to wait until you get your pay. They would have to wait some to get a cheque from Pampered Chef anyway.

I did a fundraiser show in July. PC sent the check to them before the boxes even arrived for their order. I wouldn't even get involved.

Martha O'Neal
Indepentent Consultant
[email protected]

It sounds like you feel you need to give them a check; you do not do give them YOUR money. The pampered Chef sends them a check. If you are offering any percentage of your own to them, then you could send the check from you. For example, If the show is over $1000.00,I offer them $50.00 from me. I also match the $3.00 per booking. Hope this helps
Darcy

Darcy said:
It sounds like you feel you need to give them a check; you do not do give them YOUR money. The pampered Chef sends them a check. If you are offering any percentage of your own to them, then you could send the check from you. For example, If the show is over $1000.00,I offer them $50.00 from me. I also match the $3.00 per booking. Hope this helps
Darcy

Darcy thanks for your reply but I think you missed something.
I am sure that if I am submitting it as a cooking show rather than a fundraiser (hence the term unconventional fundraiser) then HO will not be sending THEM a check. I like the idea (in some cases) of submitting them as cooking shows so that organization can use the free product for raffles, etc. Therefore, I would be giving them MY money. Which brings me back to my original question...Has anyone had an issue like this before (having a group wait for your commission to be paid?) :)

Valerie

So you're holding a Cooking Show, they are getting the free product for their organization, and you are offering to donate part of your commission? I certainly don't see how they could be *expecting* to get their money before you get your commission. Just let them know when your commission usually comes in and tell them they can expect their check a week after that.

Back in March I did something like this for a friend. They lost their house (and everything in it) in a fire. So I told EVERYONE that I was donating half my March commission to the family. I also collected orders throughout the month and they got to start re-stocking their kitchen. One of the school employees even hosted a Cooking Show in her home and donated her host benefits to the family. It was a great month, and very touching to the family. AND I gained what will become a life-long customer because of my generosity. (My email about the donation ended up in the hands of a reporter and she even put it on the front page! lol Got a few calls from it ;) )

1. What is an "Unconventional Fundraiser"?

An "Unconventional Fundraiser" is a unique and creative way to raise funds for your organization. It involves hosting a Pampered Chef party where a portion of the sales are donated to your cause. It's a fun and easy way to support your organization while also enjoying some delicious food and kitchen products.

2. How much money can we expect to raise with an "Unconventional Fundraiser"?

The amount of money raised with an "Unconventional Fundraiser" can vary depending on the size of your guest list and the amount of sales made. On average, organizations can expect to earn 10-15% of the total sales for their cause.

3. Do we need to pay anything upfront to host an "Unconventional Fundraiser"?

No, there is no upfront cost to host an "Unconventional Fundraiser". Pampered Chef will provide you with all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success. You only need to invite guests and promote the event.

4. Can we choose which products are available for our guests to purchase?

Yes, you can choose which products you would like to feature at your "Unconventional Fundraiser". You can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to select a variety of products from their catalog that will appeal to your guests and help maximize your fundraising efforts.

5. How do we get started with hosting an "Unconventional Fundraiser"?

Getting started is easy! Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting an "Unconventional Fundraiser" for your organization. They will guide you through the process and provide you with all the information and materials you need to make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies