• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I find the best fairs for my small business?

In summary, the author suggests doing local school fairs as a way to find work. They advise against doing booth costs as high as at professional fairs and suggest checking out local publications or the chamber of commerce for fairs. The author does 1-2 day shows and prefers smaller events. The author has found that larger events are time consuming and require more effort to follow up on leads.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
Ok ladies where to you fairs? I guess what I mean is how do you find them?

I'm sure it is just me, but I avoid them now. Booth costs are high and it is a pain setting up, taking down and making sure I have enough catalogs. But I do this as a hobby really and am not out to get tons of bookings. I've done 4 by now and they have all been less than pleasant. I'm sure there are some cheffers on here that are experts on making them really work for them and can provide really great tips.

I can tell you though that the ones I've done have been school fairs. So maybe you can check the websites for your local schools to see if they are doing a Fall Fest or something like that? PTA's are a good resource for that as well.

I would check out local chamber of commerce, local publications, I found two that were FREE on craigslist in my area... so you may be surprised at where you will find fairs, festivals, etc.

Check the local papers, try going to the community center...

I agree that the local chamber of commerce offices are good choices; in my area our local phone book publishes a full year calander of special events for several counties in our area and I know I could find them there if I wanted...so check that out as a possibility.

That said, I try to do 1-2 day shows only, and I prefer craft/church/school shows as opposed to the larger 3-4 day events. These smaller events net me a workable number of leads and orders for a much lower cost, often just $10.00 - $30.00 for the event.

For me, the main issue is whether I have the time and energy to do the needed lead follow-up for a big event. Now that I'm building a team though, I'll probably do more larger events in order to assist my gang with building THEIR leads.

Related to How do I find the best fairs for my small business?

What types of fairs are best for Pampered Chef?

The best fairs for Pampered Chef are typically those that attract a large number of people, such as craft fairs, food festivals, and community events. These types of fairs tend to have a diverse audience and high foot traffic, providing a great opportunity to showcase our products and connect with potential customers.

How can I find fairs in my area?

There are several ways to find fairs in your area. You can search online for local event calendars, check with your local Chamber of Commerce or community center, and reach out to other Pampered Chef representatives in your area for recommendations. Additionally, you can use social media to connect with event organizers and find out about upcoming fairs.

What are some tips for standing out at a fair?

One of the best ways to stand out at a fair is to have an attractive and eye-catching display. Use colorful tablecloths, props, and signs to make your booth inviting and visually appealing. Additionally, offer samples and demonstrations of our products to engage potential customers and showcase the quality and usefulness of our products.

Do I need a permit to sell at fairs?

The requirements for permits and licenses to sell at fairs vary by location, so it's important to check with your local government or event organizer beforehand. Some fairs may require a temporary vendor permit, food handling permit, or sales tax permit. Make sure to obtain any necessary permits before participating in a fair.

How can I track my success at fairs?

One of the best ways to track your success at fairs is to keep a record of your sales, leads, and customer interactions. You can also ask customers for feedback and track their future purchases to see if they were first introduced to our products at a fair. Additionally, make sure to follow up with potential customers after the fair to see if they are interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jennc112
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ashleypc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies